Carpet Defect Dilema
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Carpet Defect Dilema in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Newbie, first post. Recently traded in e60 M5 for an '11 6A sedan. Not a single regret, this car is ...
    jraVegas is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan

Carpet Defect Dilema

Newbie, first post. Recently traded in e60 M5 for an '11 6A sedan. Not a single regret, this car is amazing. Only snag is a few interior fit and finish issues, namely the carpet near my left foot which is bulging out of its proper place. I set up an apt with the dealership to get the carpet replaced, but I pulled the plug this morning when it dawned on me how much @$+# they would have to take out. I'm hoping to avoid a bucket of rattles on an otherwise great car.

Any thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hulksdaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): <-----"Hulk" 2000-2012...He will always be missed :-(

MSS400 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Re: Carpet Defect Dilema

That's odd. That's the only place my carpet is all bulged out too.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Common issue. Most times, owners address it themselves because the dealer "fix" won't last.

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

Hey was that you I saw on the 215 this afternoon, a bit after 5? Is yours Crystal Red? It was a newly-purchased but used V sedan, no rear plate yet. I was in the white V wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaqtly
    Hey was that you I saw on the 215 this afternoon, a bit after 5? Is yours Crystal Red? It was a newly-purchased but used V sedan, no rear plate yet. I was in the white V wagon.
    Everything about that would be correct except Mine is black.

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

Ah ok I didn't see a black one. Well maybe I'll see you sometime, I believe I have the only white V wagon in Vegas.

the blur is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Carpet is not too bad. Dodge replaced the head liner on my Charger, and had to remove the windshield in the process.

gjnockie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 13 CTS V Vagon

Quote Originally Posted by jraVegas View Post
    Newbie, first post. Recently traded in e60 M5 for an '11 6A sedan. Not a single regret, this car is amazing. Only snag is a few interior fit and finish issues, namely the carpet near my left foot which is bulging out of its proper place. I set up an apt with the dealership to get the carpet replaced, but I pulled the plug this morning when it dawned on me how much @$+# they would have to take out. I'm hoping to avoid a bucket of rattles on an otherwise great car.

Any thoughts?
    My car is 3 weeks old and I had the same issue.
    I fixed it myself by using HD Industrial Velcro. It's been a week now and I has not moved. Keeping my fingers crossed.

ArthurJGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by Xaqtly View Post
    That was me and you were driving like a tool just like you where the last time I saw you in my GTO. I was hoping you'd follow me again because I didn't have my son in my car this time (although I was in the slow car) but you didn't.

CTS-V Dragon Wagon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by jraVegas View Post

Any thoughts?
    I have the exact problem on my '11 Vagon and the SAME problem on the '09 Sedan I previously owned, so it appears this is a defect in Cadillac manufacturing. I hate seeing the carpet stick out like that! And you say the dealer won't address it?

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by ArthurJGuy

That was me and you were driving like a tool just like you where the last time I saw you in my GTO. I was hoping you'd follow me again because I didn't have my son in my car this time (although I was in the slow car) but you didn't.
    First post! This ought go be good. Welcome, sir! (Sits back and grabs the popcorn)

Update: Dealer was more than willing to replace the carpet; It was me who decided that disassembling much of the interior would create more problems than it would solve. I got some Velcro...problem solved. Also did some plasti dip action this weekend
    [IMG][/IMG]

Club Malibu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V, White, Manual, Bone stock, no sun-roof

Post a pic.

I had an issue near the left foot too. Fixed it myself the day after I got the car. I do not know what your exact problem is but on mine the carpet came away and I could pull it more and see the metal underneath. I saw a ground post with a weird 1/2" "tab" that had a pointed end to it. I cut a 1/2" slice in the carpet and poked the tab threw it and bent the tab to secure the carpet in place. There was no other purpose for this "tab" except for this so I think. Carpet is now rock solid and has been fine for 16K miles.

I'm in GUAM now. (No CTS's, a few 93-96 Fleetwoods). If you want, When I get back in a week, I'll post pics of mine.

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ArthurJGuy View Post

Welcome!

I'm gonna enjoy this...
    RogersV and RogersV like this.

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.