Carpet Defect Dilema - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Carpet Defect Dilema in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by cdog533 If the hamfisted dealer pulls your center console to R&R carpet, good luck with it a) ...
    dccaddyv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by cdog533
    If the hamfisted dealer pulls your center console to R&R carpet, good luck with it a) being in good shape afterward and b) not squeaking and creeking like hell from now until the day you sell the car....

Same probably goes for the seats.
    They said all they have to do is raise up the front of the driver seat to replace the front left quarter carpet! Should not be a problem.

Xaqtly is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

Re: Carpet Defect Dilema

Quote Originally Posted by ArthurJGuy View Post
    That was me and you were driving like a tool just like you where the last time I saw you in my GTO. I was hoping you'd follow me again because I didn't have my son in my car this time (although I was in the slow car) but you didn't.
    Ha, I just noticed this post. How was I driving like a tool when you were the one pulling away from me and weaving through traffic? LOL. You even said you were hoping I'd follow you (because I didn't). Come on guy.

oneman42 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan, Black, 6MT, no mods, LED int bulb swap

I think I have a similar problem, but on the passenger side post, probably this weekend I am going to pull the carpet and see what is underneath.
    George

ArthurJGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by Xaqtly View Post
    Ha, I just noticed this post. How was I driving like a tool when you were the one pulling away from me and weaving through traffic? LOL. You even said you were hoping I'd follow you (because I didn't). Come on guy.
    You mean like you doing 85 in a 35 two lane blacktop road and passing me in oncoming traffic approaching a stop sign?
    Or sliding from the highway off ramp into traffic that is backed up to a dead stop?
    Or cutting people off weaving lanes? I saw three other people flip you off in less than a 10 mile window.
    Or my favorite is your almost hitting my wife in her car on Deer Springs a few months ago.

I don't want to be on the road anywhere near you. You drive like you own an STI or something.

Are you on drugs? We just established that this is the first time I've seen your CTS-V, and I was behind you the whole time. And then you took off, weaving through traffic "hoping I would follow you", which I didn't. If you're going to make shit up about me, at least try to make it believable.

Kluch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 V
    Sounds like maybe you guys didn't see each other after all- your accounts of the sighting just don't match. maybe there is more than one white vagon in Vegas?

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

no way!
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quote Originally Posted by Kluch View Post
    Sounds like maybe you guys didn't see each other after all- your accounts of the sighting just don't match. maybe there is more than one white vagon in Vegas?
    Haha, unfortunately we live very close to each other, so I see him on a regular basis; I'm just not always driving my V.

This isn't the first run in we've had, the last time I complimented his car and asked him to maybe not do as stupid shit (this was the 85 in a 35 passing me on a 2 lane blacktop incident) and he had some smug reply and then blocked me on Facebook. Fair enough.

Well at least you're not trying to deny that you went full throttle in heavy traffic, weaving through everybody almost causing a 3 car pileup just to get away from me the other day. Oh yes, you didn't see the aftermath of that stunt you pulled, did you? As it turns out, violently cutting people off is actually not a very good idea, especially in rush hour traffic. But you're only 29, you probably don't know any better. Or what the word "hypocrite" means, apparently.

As far as the rest of it, it's still fiction. As much as you'd like to badmouth me for whatever reason, I've never "slid off a highway offramp into traffic" in my life, nor have I done any of the other things you're accusing me of. If you want to keep going with this, I suggest you click this link first: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libel#Libel

Quote Originally Posted by ArthurJGuy
    If there is one ****ing thin I cant stand....It's e-drama..

Haha, I was behind you for most of the way that I saw you, and I didn't pass you until you got pinned behind another car weaving through traffic and traffic in my lane freed up. I never went anywhere close to wide open throttle that day, I was data logging my tune so I have the HPT logs to prove it.

As for your "link", I'm very familiar with it, have been to court for it before and won. I know exactly how it works.

pat2t2f is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Come on arthur, this is a greet read!

Yeah, the thing about being in front of cars is that you can't see their brake lights. But I could, and the guy in front had to slam on his brakes because you cut right into his nose. I have no idea what possessed you to do that, but you did say you were hoping I'd follow you so I can only assume you were trying to bait me. I was sure there was going to be some contact behind the guy that had to slam his brakes, but luckily there wasn't. Remember when you cut over into the far right lane, right next to the Charleston exit? That's when it happened. And you were definitely going full throttle.

I don't know what your problem is, but lying about me driving terribly after I've actually seen you driving terribly (thanks for confirming it was you, btw) isn't helping you. And I'm not surprised that you've been sued for libel before either, it kind of establishes a pattern of behavior. And then there's the question of why you're here at all, other than to harass me. For somebody who "****ing can't stand e-drama", you're not doing a good job of proving that.

Quote Originally Posted by ArthurJGuy
    I definatly have crossed the line a few times. I consider myself a good (yet fast) driver.

I never made it to the right lane on the 215, that again was a move that you pulled.

When you "did not follow me" was at a stop sign on Hualapai where I made a right onto the road that you passed me on last time and you did not. I made a U turn at the next stop sign and came back, went all the way up Hualapai until it dead ends and you were GONE.

My problem is that you have almost caused an accident almost every time I have seen you, no matter what car I was driving, and you wanted to know who was driving the red V with no plates, now you know.

By the way, kudos on digging up a 6 year old post.

----------

To the OP, sorry for your thread derailment, please carry on.

To Zak (Xaqtly), nothing positive is going to come of this thread. You wanted to know who was driving that car, now you do. You wanted to know what my issue was, and I have told you. We can point fingers and nothing will ever change, no one else was there and we each see it our way. I've said my peace, I'm over it.

BlownV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

Man, who knew carpet conversation would get so emotional
    Club Malibu and Club Malibu like this.

KlrV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS V OBM SD A6 744rw/729trq Vengeance Racing
    Quote Originally Posted by BlownV
    Man, who knew carpet conversation would get so emotional
    Things can escalate rather quickly when there is carpet involved!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.