The V was hit today
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, The V was hit today in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; My wife's V was rear ended today. She was waiting for a light and this woman in an old suv ...
    Big Jay is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The V was hit today

My wife's V was rear ended today. She was waiting for a light and this woman in an old suv couldn't stop and attempted to pass on the right. her left front wheel hit the right rear of the car and the rear tire. It broke the A arm on the suv.

The V seems to only have sheet metal and plastic damage. I drove it and it seems fine. I will take it to the body shop tomorrow to see what the damages will be.

My wife is sore but otherwise unhurt. She is bummed about her car. It only has about 6000 miles on it. She has already had the chrome all blacked out and the windows tinted. She loves that car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ctsvdallas is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Coupe
    Sorry to hear about the accident. Lady was most likely on her cellphone. At least wifey is OK.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Re: The V was hit today

I went through this with my V sedan a few years ago. I was rear ended, with my then 3-year-old in the car, by an inattentive driver on his cell phone. Damage was light but I made the guy pay for it by pointing out the phone to the cop and causing an extra citation for the driver. Worst part, it was a Lexus that had Bluetooth. If you're too dumb or lazy to at least hook your phone to Bluetooth, don't f-ing use your cellphone and drive. Grrrrr.....

Sorry to read of your experience.
    blksnk and blksnk like this.

pat2t2f is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Sorry about the car. I'm glad your wife is ok

Trapspeed is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Yeah, that sucks. Sorry man. It sounds like you'll be able to get it patched up pretty easy though...thankfully. At least it wasn't a loaded dump truck!

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Don't forget to claim dimished value now that the car will have an accident show up on carfax, etc.

RGaret is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Some states don't allow for diminished value. NY is among them. That's why I lease the car. Not my problem in that case.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Glad your wife is well. I hope your car turns out okay, too.

beav626 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 EXT

Going through this right now. Inattentive chick hit me in a neighborhood at full speed while I was stopping. I was soooooo thankful I was rolling the perfect Avalanche, not my Caddy. Im going through Diminished Value with the Insurance to get this right... Their first offer was $40...

hulksdaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): <-----"Hulk" 2000-2012...He will always be missed :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jay View Post
    My wife's V was rear ended today. She was waiting for a light and this woman in an old suv couldn't stop and attempted to pass on the right. her left front wheel hit the right rear of the car and the rear tire. It broke the A arm on the suv.

The V seems to only have sheet metal and plastic damage. I drove it and it seems fine. I will take it to the body shop tomorrow to see what the damages will be.

My wife is sore but otherwise unhurt. She is bummed about her car. It only has about 6000 miles on it. She has already had the chrome all blacked out and the windows tinted. She loves that car.
    Sorry to hear that bud. Glad she's ok. Cars can be repaired.

Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post
    I went through this with my V sedan a few years ago. I was rear ended, with my then 3-year-old in the car, by an inattentive driver on his cell phone. Damage was light but I made the guy pay for it by pointing out the phone to the cop and causing an extra citation for the driver. Worst part, it was a Lexus that had Bluetooth. If you're too dumb or lazy to at least hook your phone to Bluetooth, don't f-ing use your cellphone and drive. Grrrrr.....

Sorry to read of your experience.
    How'd you stop yourself from beating the sh*t outta him?

I don't have that kind of restraint.

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Glad no one is hurt. If you are in an at fault state, for sure go after diminished value. You could also smells claims for it. In a no fault state it's difficult, but check the state laws. On a car like this value is hurt a lot by an accident.

Well it will run about $7800 to fix the V. The explorer that hit it is a total.

The upper control arm on the right rear is slightly tweaked putting the wheel out of alignment. If it is going to be a wait for the rest of the parts, I will have them put the control arm in it do the alignment, and I will pick it up and drive it until the parts come in.

Some good is coming from this. My wife had already had the chrome painted, front end, window trim, rear trunk latch, etc. Then she had the windows tinted. She had now wanted to have the wheels done, but didn't know how to pull that off.

The guys at the body shop were very helpful. This is the same shop that did the blackout. They took all of the wheels off, and removed the tires and sensors. My wife will pick up the wheels on Monday and taking them to the powder coater. She will have them back in three days.

To top this off, the right rear wheel had been scratched in the accident, and there was a charge to refinish it. That charge will cover the power coating.

Really look forward to getting it back. We are reduced to driving both vettes

CTS-V Dragon Wagon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Random84 View Post
    Don't forget to claim dimished value now that the car will have an accident show up on carfax, etc.
    My '11 Vagon, which I purchased from an out of state dealer via the Internet, arrived with the front end damaged, due to negligence by the transport company. It was 7 weeks of sheer Hell trying to get all parties in sync and pay for everything. The good part is, I got four new wheels out of it. Anyway, I tried to submit a claim first through my insurance company (later handled by the carrier's insurance company) and brought up diminished resale value. In the end, they told me that this basically only applied to vehicles that experienced damage to the frame, or otherwise damage that could possibly require a salvage license. Not wanting to just take their word at face value, I consulted an attorney and he substantiated what they said. I still don't think it is right, because if a potential buyer can ever come across the repair work done on your vehicle, even if it it didn't cause structural damage, they may try to negotiate a lower price nonetheless.

I don't buy cars as investments. I buy them to enjoy. I hit a coyote with my C5 vette and did about $3700 worth of damage to it. It was fixed by the same shop that is doing the Cad. It is flawless. I don't care about carfax. When I go to sell that car, I will get what I want for it. Same with the Cad if she ever decides to sell it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.