The V was hit today - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, The V was hit today in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I don't purchase a vehicle as a financial investment, in which the primary motivation is how much money I'll get ...
    CTS-V Dragon Wagon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon

Re: The V was hit today

I don't purchase a vehicle as a financial investment, in which the primary motivation is how much money I'll get back if/when I sell it. But I do take very, very good care of any vehicle I have owned. The biggest problem I have are others who are careless around your vehicle, such as the door dingers and such. I do park quite a distance away to minimize this from happening, but that also causes some people to occasionally still park next to me, even though there are many open spaces around, and much closer. I've talked to some people who have done so, just to ask, "Why?", and I usually get a sheepish laugh and an admission that they just wanted to mess with me. You'd think people would have more productive use of their time rather than intentionally provoking someone. If I want to park a football field length's away from everyone, so what? I'm not saying I'm any better than you, I am just particular about how I take care of my possessions. And that has nothing to do with anyone else, nor is it anyone else's business.

AC Promotions is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon-Manual Transmission

If the upper control arm on the right rear was tweaked did you demand that the car be put on a frame machine and measured? When my first V was hit in the rear, the frame sheet made the decision for me. Who wants a vehicle that would take an estimated 10 hours of "frame" pulls. Don't do anything until a qualified Cadillac dealer can verify the integrity of the "frame".
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Well it will run about $7800 to fix the V. The explorer that hit it is a total.

The upper control arm on the right rear is slightly tweaked putting the wheel out of alignment. If it is going to be a wait for the rest of the parts, I will have them put the control arm in it do the alignment, and I will pick it up and drive it until the parts come in.

Big Jay is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Todays top shops have state of the art computerized frame straightening machines and four wheel alignment racks. Cars come out with straighter frames than when new.

They are the people who the Cad dealers send the cars to.

blaine321 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

SUV's: The biggest threat to nice cars. I stay away from them and avoid being anywhere near them. I HATE those things. SUV's began the downfall of automobile. They serve one purpose... to fit FAT People into to get to Mc D's. I'll drive a minivan way before I drive one. People drive SUV's like they are corvettes thinking they will stop on a dime and handle high speeds...

Kluch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 V
    I drive my tahoe on the beach. Can't do that in a minivan or a V. SUV's are also for people who enjoy taking their vehicles off road.

pat2t2f is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    And the snow.... The snow is a good place for SUV's.
    Would if be fair to say that minivans are for soccer moms with too many kids who are paying too much attention to what's going on inside the vehicle and not enough to the road?

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

SUVs, having taller seats and door openings, can be easier on parents with small children -- no bending over and no banging heads on top sills.

blaine321 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kluch View Post
    I drive my tahoe on the beach. Can't do that in a minivan or a V. SUV's are also for people who enjoy taking their vehicles off road.
    I believe that nitch was filled many many decades ago by a thing called a TRUCK. Pretty much if I cant fit all my kids in a 4door sedan.. its time to stop having kids.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    niche.

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

SilverrV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

All you truck haters don't ask your friends if they can pickup or move something for you with their pointless suv

Big Jay is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Got the car back yesterday. Looks fantastic. Being able to get the wheels off while it was in the shop and getting them powder coated was a nice deal.

I will take some photos this weekend and get them posted here.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jay
    Got the car back yesterday. Looks fantastic. Being able to get the wheels off while it was in the shop and getting them powder coated was a nice deal.

I will take some photos this weekend and get them posted here.
    Awesome. Glad it worked out!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.