Anyone upgraded the sound system in their V? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Anyone upgraded the sound system in their V? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by mcharb007 Had the chance to listen to the Logic 7 system in a 2006 BMW M5 yesterday ...
    RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Re: Anyone upgraded the sound system in their V?

Quote Originally Posted by mcharb007 View Post
    Had the chance to listen to the Logic 7 system in a 2006 BMW M5 yesterday and it blew away the CTS-V Bose system. If we had something like the Logic 7 in the caddy then I wouldn't replace it.
    Ohh 4 posts and chimes in to talk not only about how much better an M5 is but about its stereo..... ROFL...Bimmer fan boys are like an extremist cell and equally as blind....or deaf in this case.

The only way your getting high quality audio in a car is with noise canceling headphones used for studio recording. But hey every ******* has an opinion right? The Bose sounds fine. Maybe some people just listen to shitty music.

Did you really buy a V or are you just here to start a bunch of "this sucks about this car threads"?

But seriously just mess with the settings some, and bandaid or not, an eq is worth a first try. Enjoy the car. You're correct the sound dampening isn't bad at all for a performance car. My first, well second mod is to add some mass loaded vinyl behind the rear seat to cut out some tire noise. That's another option-car stereos sound better with a well insulated interior. BMW are generally fairy quiet on their high end stuff.

stuckbehindaprius is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 6sp CTS-V Wagon

Someone once posted about the jbl ms-8 and another one I can't remember. They had it in their v and apparently it made a world of difference. Check it out:

http://www.jbl.com/estore/jbl/us/pro...larProductOnly

To quote one review:

Now on to the results. The MS-8 does a FANTASTIC job. My sound system in the car sounds way better than most premium setups found in BMW's and Mercedes. JBL really nailed this one. The processor adds quite a bit of delay to the rears and performs a lot of phase cutting between the fronts and the rear speakers. It also does a very good job of setting up a good crossover point between the woofers and the sub for the mid bass. Basically the base attack comes from the BA woofers, while the depth of the bass sound comes from the JL subwoofer in the trunk.

Although they spent 5(!) hours calibrating it. I don't have that much patience. If anyone can chime in with the other brand it would be helpful.

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Y

Didn't know I had to have a high post count to respond to a topic that I have qualified knowledge about. I was jusy trying to add knowledge to the community but I guess that's not welcome either. No I don't work for best buy, if you must know I am a firefighter and a paramedic but I guess that's not good enough either. Don't worry I won't post on your board anymore. Thanks for the welcome.
    He's like that on all the boards - a die-hard loyalist who seems to hate any dissenting opinion with a condescending vengence. Comform, submit, obey to populist opinion! This is a CTSV forum, damn you, either praise thy Cadillac or suffer damnation!

Don't sweat the small stuff, or confuse individuals with personality defects with the rest of the membership. Wait until you get chewed out by at least one or two others before abandoning ship.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Quote Originally Posted by RaVeNous View Post
    Ohh 4 posts and chimes in to talk not only about how much better an M5 is but about its stereo.....
    Are you a professional tool or is it just a hobby? He didn't talk about how much better an M5 is, only its audio system compared to the V.

The only way your getting high quality audio in a car is with noise canceling headphones used for studio recording.
    Since "high quality" is by definition a qualitative, not a quantitative, evaluation, subject to personal opinion and interpretation, your fanboy extremist statement isn't worth much.

But hey every ******* has an opinion right?
    As you've amply demonstrated.

The Bose sounds fine.
    It's all relative.

Maybe some people just listen to shitty music.
    Classy too. Standard of the World, represent.

Did you really buy a V or are you just here to start a bunch of "this sucks about this car threads"?
    He hasn't started any threads. Do you have a designated driver?

But seriously, turn down the hostility.

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Apparently some panties are twisted - I'm not sure if it's irony or just entertainment... someone's bitching about all you 60 year old castrated men who can't take some ****ing sarcasm! You bimmer-blowing *******s!

http://www.cadillacowners.com/forum/...her-quot-forum

Hilarious.

mcharb007 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Found this cts-v build for you guys to reference. Keep in mind that this guy is dropping major cash on this build with very highend equipment. You don't have to spend as much as he does.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...ens-cts-v.html

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    I came from a car with a $5000+ high fidelity stereo system that I installed and now have a V I can definitely report that the Bose system is horrible. If you think that the Bose is anything but horrible then you haven't owned a properly set up system. Putting an EQ in the loop is a good idea but in my opinion is putting a bandaid on a broken leg. The problem is the shitty signal that gets sent to shitty speakers. Upgrading the speakers will help a little, I seem to remember someone using similar size and spec Boston acustics and have good success, but you're still feeding them a crap signal. Simplest route would be to replace front doors and dash run those off a multichannel amp. Unhook all the speakers that are behind driver and passenger. Run a JL clean sweep or something of the same type to clean up the factory signal before it enters the new amp. If that's not enough bass for you then add a sub into the trunk and size according to the type and amount of bass you want.

I'm a big believer in only using speakers that are in front of the driver and passenger, this is how you listen at a concert as the band does not play behind you. This allows you to take the money that you would have spent on all the other speakers and put that into the fronts to get a really good set.

Anyway just my 2 cents.
    This.

----------

Haven't upgraded the V yet. I'm upgrading power and wheels first. Then I'll decide on what equipment and build I want for the V after that's all done.

I've upgraded a lot of other cars and will say that I am excited about the V due to the good sound deadening from the factory compared to other vehicles. Should make for a great sound experience with minimum difficulty compared to standard builds where sound deadening is top priority.
    There have been high end systems in the V. Dynaudio 9" in the doors, 5" Dynaudio and Esotar tweets in the kickpanels.

I'll see if I can find the build thread...

----------

Found this cts-v build for you guys to reference. Keep in mind that this guy is dropping major cash on this build with very highend equipment. You don't have to spend as much as he does.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...ens-cts-v.html
    This was the guy. He has a build thread here, too...

----------

As for the current V, the Bose isn't too bad. It's not great, but its worlds better than the V1 I spent over 5 years in. That old V had a horrible Bose system and XM radio was almost unlistenable.

The XM sounds as good as FM does. I almost listen exclusively to XM because its very good.

However, as someone who always had custom systems in his cars, I've always desired something better. I wish I had dumb ears like some of you...
    mrkool and mrkool like this.

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

hulksdaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): <-----"Hulk" 2000-2012...He will always be missed :-(

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    I wish I had dumb ears like some of you...
    Don't worry, the rest of you makes up for it...

thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

cruiser68 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V A6 Sedan Modded :)

I'm in the process of adding a sub with amp. A JL 10W3 and a JL 600/1 amp. I was originally planning on mounting in the oem location then I figured out I would be cutting metal. So I just built a box for the spare tire spot and I figure I will just remove the oem sub to let sound pass easily into the passenger compartment. Not expecting hi fidelity but I would definitively expect an improvement in bass response. In the process of putting some dynamat down.

I did a pretty complete upgrade to the oem bose in my 08 Yukon. Used a JL Cleansweep to capture everything after the bose amp and equalize it then feed two amps low level inputs. I wanted to keep all the oem stuff in the head unit. Definitely rocked. Not sure I want to go to that length in the V. Plus I already have an issue adding weight with the dynamat
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

Rule12b is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Sedan

Everytime I see this thread I think "why yes I did, with headers and Corsa". lol

Now I just have the dash speaker remaining. :-)

On topic though, some of the work in these builds is really remarkable.

lheimann is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade
    I've upgraded my 08 escalade which came factory with the Bose system obviously. Kept factory head, put all new surround rockford fosgate, my stereo shop installed a rockford 1000 watt amp and a pair of rockford 10's in a custom built factory box so that I don't lose any cargo space and I can still keep my third row down for seating (football kids still need to sit back there lol) needless to say it sounds fantastic!

I currently have the V undergoing surgery as we speak, it's getting the same upgrade except going with a higher end speaker and amp setup from rockford and its getting a pair of 12's.

My music genre is wide based from 80's, MOSTLY country, soft alternative, rock, pop and hip hop... So wanted something to accommodate a broad range of sound and my stereo shop did a fantastic job getting the escalade to meet my specs, won't find out on the V till Tuesday but can only imagine it'll sound just as good if not better.

..... Just my 2 cents worth.... It's possible

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx
    Is there anywhere else that CTS owners who've actually done audio upgrades to the CTS hang out? So far it sounds like nobody here has actually taken the Nestea plunge -- no offense to anyone here, and maybe that's a good sign -- especially news there are settings in there that can actually make a difference. But I'm skeptical that the stock setup will be able to keep me out of trouble. I've been in trouble before...
    I've upgraded my 08 escalade which came factory with the Bose system obviously. Kept factory head, put all new surround rockford fosgate, my stereo shop installed a rockford 1000 watt amp and a pair of rockford 10's in a custom built factory box so that I don't lose any cargo space and I can still keep my third row down for seating (football kids still need to sit back there lol) needless to say it sounds fantastic!

I currently have the V undergoing surgery as we speak, it's getting the same upgrade except going with a higher end speaker and amp setup from rockford and its getting a pair of 12's.

My music genre is wide based from 80's, MOSTLY country, soft alternative, rock, pop and hip hop... So wanted something to accommodate a broad range of sound and my stereo shop did a fantastic job getting the escalade to meet my specs, won't find out on the V till Tuesday but can only imagine it'll sound just as good if not better.

..... Just my 2 cents worth.... It's possible

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Is it possible?

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

lheimann is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho
    Is it possible?
    Possible.... And fairly inexpensive IMO... Escalade cost me about 2k and v's going to cost me about 1700...

ptrd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

asilver is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Ariel Atom 2007 Lexus GS 350 WTB CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by RaVeNous View Post
    Nice first post. You must work for Best Buy rofl
    he's completely correct, and trust me, no schmuck from best buy would know that you're only supposed to have front speakers and a sub

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.