Anyone upgraded the sound system in their V? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Anyone upgraded the sound system in their V? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Stock system is fine, ya pretentious bastards....
    hulksdaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): <-----"Hulk" 2000-2012...He will always be missed :-(

Re: Anyone upgraded the sound system in their V?

Stock system is fine, ya pretentious bastards.

Moparman4444 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

I agree that the stock system is marginal at best. I would have expected more from GM fot their top of the live vehicles like the V.

When you compare the cost of the factory system to one which will give the type of sould these cars deserve, I'm sure the differance would be marginal in comparision to the $72,000.00 price tag of the whole car.

mcharb007 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Y
    Quote Originally Posted by RaVeNous View Post
    Nice first post. You must work for Best Buy rofl
    Didn't know I had to have a high post count to respond to a topic that I have qualified knowledge about. I was jusy trying to add knowledge to the community but I guess that's not welcome either. No I don't work for best buy, if you must know I am a firefighter and a paramedic but I guess that's not good enough either. Don't worry I won't post on your board anymore. Thanks for the welcome.

hulksdaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): <-----"Hulk" 2000-2012...He will always be missed :-(

The internet requires thick skin bud. And that's just Ravie's way of saying he thinks you're cute.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

mcharb007, have you upgraded your V yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    mcharb007, have you upgraded your V yet?
    Haven't upgraded the V yet. I'm upgrading power and wheels first. Then I'll decide on what equipment and build I want for the V after that's all done.

I've upgraded a lot of other cars and will say that I am excited about the V due to the good sound deadening from the factory compared to other vehicles. Should make for a great sound experience with minimum difficulty compared to standard builds where sound deadening is top priority.

Moparman4444 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

mcharb007

If you can come up with a good way to improve the stock system, the I would sure like to hear about it. Good luck.

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

Probably to do anything you'd just have to tear the whole thing out and go with a custom dash with build in double din with built in nav, amps in the trunk, high end speakers etc. I can't remember what they did with Justin beavers car on west coast customs as far as the sound system went, it was a new V coupe and they modified it big time, even had lambo doors. Doing what I said above would be a major undertaking and probably not worth it for most people, that's why you don't hear of many people modding the sound systems in these cars, but good question anyhow. I don't believe just upgrading the speakers would do much or might make things worse because these bose system use speakers with wierd impedance numbers with must line up with the wierd amps.

I did the rip-and-replace thing with the C6, but the dash was a modular design (though not quite DIN) and I didn't mind giving up a little hatch space... and I was highly motivated to replace the stock CD changer with something disk-based. The V wagon is different on all counts.

Crystal Red CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V CRM Coupe (Airaid Intake & Corsa), 2011 Z06/Z07

Why GM continues to use BOSE is beyond me. The Harman-Kardon system in the new Buick and my wife's Mini Cooper sound so much better. The Bose in the V sounds considerably better than the one in Z06.

Back in the 70's when home audio systems were ruled by the likes of Marantz, Krell, etc. BOSE always stood for Buy Other Stereo Equipment.

But oldsters still buy Bose wave radios and Bose home theater systems As Seen On TV, so clearly the brand has some pull. It's why I'm not surprised (just disappointed) that the new Corvette Stingray has a premium Bose system at the top of its options chart. So much for appealing to younger buyers...

Also, I thought home audio in the 70s was ruled by DAK. Or was that the 80s?

vfaninva is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by mcharb007 View Post
    Y

Didn't know I had to have a high post count to respond to a topic that I have qualified knowledge about. I was jusy trying to add knowledge to the community but I guess that's not welcome either. No I don't work for best buy, if you must know I am a firefighter and a paramedic but I guess that's not good enough either. Don't worry I won't post on your board anymore. Thanks for the welcome.
    And somebody said I was sensitive!

JKG
    JKG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I worked in the stereo business in the 80s, when Bose 901 speakers were the big thing. Although this is only my opinion, those speakers were 4 $2 universal speakers pointing in different directions with a crappy paper woofer. But when comparing them to better stuff at half the price, it made it easy to sell other speakers! Yes the bose system in the corvette is frustratingly disappointing. My Jeeps and Fords definitely sound better.

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

I actually don't think it sounds too bad and I'm kind of a audiophile. I think the system in my Wagon with the sub in the spare tire well definately sounds better than the coupe or the sedan I listened to.

Had the chance to listen to the Logic 7 system in a 2006 BMW M5 yesterday and it blew away the CTS-V Bose system. If we had something like the Logic 7 in the caddy then I wouldn't replace it.
    mrkool and mrkool like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.