lost my only keyless fob - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, lost my only keyless fob in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by kwilson Man....your driving a V. Go buy a new key fob from the dealer!!!! dealer has none ...
    kj217 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by kwilson View Post
    Man....your driving a V. Go buy a new key fob from the dealer!!!!
    dealer has none in stock,, they needed to order it from US too,,

i just found a local locksmith who happened to have them,, i bought the one with sliding blade and it worked,,

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Re: lost my only keyless fob

Lucky break! Glad you got the right one this time.

Rockey is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by kj217 View Post
    dealer has none in stock,, they needed to order it from US too,,

i just found a local locksmith who happened to have them,, i bought the one with sliding blade and it worked,,
    So that was it? You bought a new FOB and then followed the reprogramming instructions and it worked?

kj217 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockey View Post

So that was it? You bought a new FOB and then followed the reprogramming instructions and it worked?
    yes sir,,

Zhariak is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade ESV Platinum, 2013 CTS-V Coupe 6MT

In the event the FOB battery dies. I could be wrong, but I was told that when you open the center console, and place the "dead" FOB inside of the slot, it uses induction or something to provide power to the FOB so that you can:

-Drive the car
    -Purchase a new FOB and configure it for the car

I was told that there's no worries if the battery ever dies, because the slot in the center console would make it function. The only thing you'd have to worry about is getting in to the car, which access is provided via the mechanical key.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhariak
    In the event the FOB battery dies. I could be wrong, but I was told that when you open the center console, and place the "dead" FOB inside of the slot, it uses induction or something to provide power to the FOB so that you can: -Drive the car -Purchase a new FOB and configure it for the car I was told that there's no worries if the battery ever dies, because the slot in the center console would make it function. The only thing you'd have to worry about is getting in to the car, which access is provided via the mechanical key.
    You are correct.

Zhariak is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade ESV Platinum, 2013 CTS-V Coupe 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Zhariak View Post
    In the event the FOB battery dies. I could be wrong, but I was told that when you open the center console, and place the "dead" FOB inside of the slot, it uses induction or something to provide power to the FOB so that you can:

-Drive the car
    -Purchase a new FOB and configure it for the car

I was told that there's no worries if the battery ever dies, because the slot in the center console would make it function. The only thing you'd have to worry about is getting in to the car, which access is provided via the mechanical key.
    Wow, I'm an idiot. Sorry about my post above. I was waking up when I read the OP and responded. I thought it said his battery died, I see it was actually "Fob lost".

My bad

akh
    akh is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 DTS 2011 CTS-V COUPE

How do you get into a coupe when the fob battery dies?

dmax/04v is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): A VEEE

I've been wondering this as I have a loaner coupe at the moment and I am very curious...

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    There's a metal key imbedded in the fob body. A slight press of the black button where the silver meets the black and a slight pull apart will separate them. I believe that key will open a lock near the license plate and there should be handles to pop the doors. Correct, coupe owners?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.