194 Miles & Quality Issues Already - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
Like Tree32Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, 194 Miles & Quality Issues Already in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Thanks for the clarification about the remote windows up, and after visiting the dealer, they said the same. On my ...
    breaker05 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Re: 194 Miles & Quality Issues Already

Thanks for the clarification about the remote windows up, and after visiting the dealer, they said the same. On my other issues, the front clicking noise from the wheels as I am sure you all know have a TSB for the lug nuts which fixes that clicking. A new relay switch had to be put in the car for the rainsense wipers to work, not sure why the wipers themselves worked though if there was a bad relay. And my rear door not opening from the inside is now fixed too but they didn't tell me what they did.

All in all, I am happy with the service and now that my car is like a brand new one I could be happier! It's just too bad they don't have guidelines when the rear backup camera is on.

gjnockie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 13 CTS V Vagon

400 mile update! Have my V wagon for about a month now.

It's been over a week since I used "Industrial Velcro" to secure the drivers side carpet on the kick panel. I am happy to report it has not budged. Could be a permanent fix?

Another issue I now have which is really strange is that when I have the A/C on there is a slight rattle coming from the dash. The thing that is really weird is that it only makes the noise when I make right turns! I wonder if it could be one of the flaps in the A/C system. When it's off.. no noise at all.

As I have said before I like the car. But no way is it put together like some of the Euro brands.

I know others here will not agree but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

RapidRob is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual

- ^^^ - And what do those, "Euro brands", in equivalent performance brackets cost, versus CTS V's??

Hmmmm !?

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by RapidRob View Post
    - ^^^ - And what do those, "Euro brands", in equivalent performance brackets cost, versus CTS V's??

Hmmmm !?

Rob
    IMHO that is not the point. The point is that a Cadillac which is supposed to be "the standard of the world" should not creak or rattle.

I have been in Korean rental cars that cost far less that don't creak or rattle. Never mind how fast they are.

To me the joy of performance is diminished by the poor quality of materials, sloppy assembly or the cost cutting engineering of the car. 72K is not a cheap car in my book.

Do a forum search for rattles, supercharger rattles, loose carpet, seats rocking etc and see what you come up with. I am not the only one complaining here!

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

You're right. I did a search and found lots of threads on hyundai-forums about rattles, carpet separation issue, floor mat issues, even issues with the driver's seat rocking back and forth when braking or accelerating.

Every car has issues -- and every model from every manufacturer has "common" (i.e. multiple people with the same) issues. And the CTS-V doesn't have it so bad -- Google porsche ims and see what comes up.

But yes, Cadillac could do better. Their people seem attentive but unable to fix most of the "common" gremlins. They're just unfixable problems, though not for lack of labor and parts swaps. The wheels just click. The UltraView just creaks. The seats just rock. The carpet's loose in one particular spot. They designed it, then built it, and we're stuck with it. I think a lot of this is Old GM thinking -- they had their binders full of esoteric engineering standards, the car meets all those standards, and there's no money for fixes, just a wishlist for the next generation.

Cadillac owners should definitely make their disappointment known to Cadillac, and should definitely ask for fixes. And it's true, if Cadillac lets too many annoyances go unfixed compared to its rivals their reputation will suffer and they'll lose sales. (I wonder how many folks Google for CTS issues, read threads here for an hour or so, and decide to buy something else.)

But if anyone is finding themselves awash in negative emotional energy over the car's flaws, they can't blame Cadillac for that. As pointed out, the CTS-V experience is well-documented here.

Everyone please point me to this post if I ever bitch about rocking Recaros.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    You're right. I did a search and found lots of threads on hyundai-forums about rattles, carpet separation issue, floor mat issues, even issues with the driver's seat rocking back and forth when braking or accelerating.

Every car has issues -- and every model from every manufacturer has "common" (i.e. multiple people with the same) issues. And the CTS-V doesn't have it so bad -- Google porsche ims and see what comes up.

But yes, Cadillac could do better. Their people seem attentive but unable to fix most of the "common" gremlins. They're just unfixable problems, though not for lack of labor and parts swaps. The wheels just click. The UltraView just creaks. The seats just rock. The carpet's loose in one particular spot. They designed it, then built it, and we're stuck with it. I think a lot of this is Old GM thinking -- they had their binders full of esoteric engineering standards, the car meets all those standards, and there's no money for fixes, just a wishlist for the next generation.

Cadillac owners should definitely make their disappointment known to Cadillac, and should definitely ask for fixes. And it's true, if Cadillac lets too many annoyances go unfixed compared to its rivals their reputation will suffer and they'll lose sales. (I wonder how many folks Google for CTS issues, read threads here for an hour or so, and decide to buy something else.)

But if anyone is finding themselves awash in negative emotional energy over the car's flaws, they can't blame Cadillac for that. As pointed out, the CTS-V experience is well-documented here.

Everyone please point me to this post if I ever bitch about rocking Recaros.
    Well said!

Agreed... but Cadillac needs to be better than everyone else now. Same old, same old doesn't cut it anymore.

Cadillac ranked above BMW and Audi in the 2011 JDP IQS, and in 2012 ranked fourth behind only Lexus, Jaguar, and Porsche. That's not same old, same old, is it?

In the 2013 JDP Dependability study, which measures component failures in the past 12 months for 2010 models, Cadillac CTS is third in "Entry Premium Cars" behind Lexus ES and Lincoln MKZ. Unfortunately this study's results are harder to read to draw direct comparisons and broken up into lots of categories, no doubt on purpose so that more manufacturers can find something nice to brag about. Still, Cadillac got a trohpy in this study, one of 50, and BMW didn't. (M-B got one, Audi got two, Lexus got three.)

Also, beware of samples of one, especially if they're brief drives (rentals), or if they're not your own and gathered in friendly conversation. You don't notice everything wrong in one day, and people don't always talk about problems their cars have as long as they like them.

Jinx

I understand what you are saying. Don't get me wrong I like the car. Maybe it's just bad luck, but every time I buy an American car I always have these pesky little issues. Not big issues just annoying issues. I have owned a lot of cars and for some unknown reason I never have these type of problems with foreign cars. For once I would like to buy a domestic car and not have to go back to the dealer right away to get something fixed.

As an example, my car now has a little over 400 miles on it. When it sits in the sun for a few hours and I drive home with the A/C on every time I make a right turn the dash rattles. When I turn off the A/C I have no noise at all.

Now I ask you... wouldn't you be annoyed about something like that?

Yes. And Cadillac HQ needs to hear your tale told in one shot like this. If Katie doesn't arrive soon to submit, perhaps PM her to get her attention. All Cadillac owners thank you.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.