194 Miles & Quality Issues Already - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, 194 Miles & Quality Issues Already in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by Gman1023 Good analogy. The V is a much better value. If you're one to care about the ...
    MacBuster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: 194 Miles & Quality Issues Already

Quote Originally Posted by Gman1023 View Post
    Good analogy. The V is a much better value. If you're one to care about the little bits and pieces on the interior you're free to overpay for them, but for most of us performance is a higher priority.
    I agree. But to simply not acknowledge where the V is better, and where a BMW is better is just pointless and lacking in objectivity...you are clearly not doing this, but ravenous is.
    Gman1023 and Gman1023 like this.

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

I hear there is a special financing deal right now on the new accord coupe?

Gman1023 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Quote Originally Posted by MacBuster View Post
    I agree. But to simply not acknowledge where the V is better, and where a BMW is better is just pointless and lacking in objectivity...you are clearly not doing this, but ravenous is.
    I agree. That is basically my whole reason for posting to this thread. Look, this is a V forum. We are all here because we appreciate and drive (or will drive) a V2 and feel that it is a wise purchase and/or a good value for the money. That said, it is ignorant to assert that there is no difference in the quality of materials and attention to detail in a V interior versus its German competition. No car is perfect and each has its strong points and its quirks. I don't need to rehash them all, but I think it is fair to say that the law of diminishing returns is exemplified in products like the M5 and E63 when compared to a V.

It is not a matter of settling, it is a matter of priorities. If you want the best interiors available today in a luxury sedan, buy a new Jaguar. You and your service department will become very chummy. If you want a top notch performance coupe/sedan/wagon that is also a legitimate luxury car and prefer driving to servicing, then I would say that you're in the right place.
    JFJr, JFJr, MacBuster and 1 others like this.

gjnockie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 13 CTS V Vagon

Quote Originally Posted by Gman1023 View Post
    I agree. That is basically my whole reason for posting to this thread. Look, this is a V forum. We are all here because we appreciate and drive (or will drive) a V2 and feel that it is a wise purchase and/or a good value for the money. That said, it is ignorant to assert that there is no difference in the quality of materials and attention to detail in a V interior versus its German competition. No car is perfect and each has its strong points and its quirks. I don't need to rehash them all, but I think it is fair to say that the law of diminishing returns is exemplified in products like the M5 and E63 when compared to a V.

It is not a matter of settling, it is a matter of priorities. If you want the best interiors available today in a luxury sedan, buy a new Jaguar. You and your service department will become very chummy. If you want a top notch performance coupe/sedan/wagon that is also a legitimate luxury car and prefer driving to servicing, then I would say that you're in the right place.
    Well Said!

Stopped by the Caddy dealer to show them my carpet. While there I saw a brand new black V sedan they had out front. Asked one of the salesman for the keys and low and behold the carpet on the driver's side kick panel was flapping in the breeze just like my car! Definitely a design flaw, but I can't believe that after a couple of years they just didn't fix it. No excuse in my mind, it just should not be for GM's top car brand.

Anyway the service guy told me they have tried double sided tape to fix it but it didn't last. I told him about my idea of using HD Velcro for carpet and he thought it was worth a try. He also said if it was his car he would just leave it alone. I tend to agree, so that's what I am going to do.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the car and it's something I can live with. I just feel that Cadillac should be embarrassed to have built such a fantastic car and not be able to engineer a solution to keep a piece of carpet in place in a $72K car.

Little things do count. This is one of the reasons why they filed for Bankruptcy in the first place IMHO.

For those of you who keep saying I should trade it in for a Kia or a Honda I say it's really not funny or cute. Grow up!
    neuronbob and neuronbob like this.

Why don't you grow up and spend some time doing something besides complaining about American build quality, and go back to sitting in a nice BMW that you will be much more at home in. While your old man slippers brush against the premium grade carpet, while sitting in your car as it lies dead because of a $3000 fuel management module, or transmission control device, you'll have plenty of time to post on a Bimmer forum about how nice that interior is.

On a side note, I'm mostly just instigating some good ribbing. If you can't handle that, perhaps go to the gym, so your swollen ankles from your grandpa socks won't rub the carpet of that cheap Cadillac carpet!

gjnockie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 13 CTS V Vagon

Quote Originally Posted by RaVeNous View Post
    Why don't you grow up and spend some time doing something besides complaining about American build quality, and go back to sitting in a nice BMW that you will be much more at home in. While your old man slippers brush against the premium grade carpet, while sitting in your car as it lies dead because of a $3000 fuel management module, or transmission control device, you'll have plenty of time to post on a Bimmer forum about how nice that interior is.

On a side note, I'm mostly just instigating some good ribbing. If you can't handle that, perhaps go to the gym, so your swollen ankles from your grandpa socks won't rub the carpet of that cheap Cadillac carpet!
    You’re a real wit sonny boy.

You joined June of 2005 and have 27 posts? 3/4 of those are praising BMW. gjnockie are you a Behemian plant? I demand an investigation!

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Quote Originally Posted by gjnockie

You’re a real wit sonny boy.
    Leave these guys alone. It's obvious you're just here to cause trouble. You don't like the "V's" or find minor faults, we could care less. Get lost and don't let the door hit you in the rear as you exit.

Jud
    Jud

Chrispy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by hulksdaddy View Post
    I have no idea what my headliner looks like.
    LOL same here...I had to go out into the garage just now, sit in the car and look up.

It doesn't bother me? What's wrong with it?

JKG
    JKG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Funny you said that about the headliner! I dont have an opinion one way or the other about this whole post, but when I was considering buying a V Wagon (which I just did), I found a Top Gear video online where they reviewed the wagon. They said how wonderful the car was, but they complained about the "cheap" headliner. So the other day, I was out in my Corvette which I have owned for 5 years, and I looked up for the first time to look at the headliner. I guess it is not very fancy. Who the heck cares about that? I couldn't describe the quality or appearance of the headlner in any of my cars. All I really want out of a headliner is that it does not fall down while I am driving! (My detomaso pantera can NOT manage to achieve that goal - at least not until I replaced it.)

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Sometimes people need shit to bitch about - and auto mag types need something to ramble on about. I'm guessing "headliner" falls into that category. If you find yourself watching a video where someone is ragging on about the headliner - it must mean the car is pretty awesome, otherwise they'd be talking about how much the acceleration sucks, the cornering is awful, the interior is rotten and smells, it's horribly over-priced, etc.

Kind of like the CTS-V reviews.

Now, about the gas cap....

DCV
    DCV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV bone stock

The carpet in my 09 sedan is just fine, it's not pulling up or attacking my Piolti's. I hear the Equis has great carpet.

Gman1023 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Quote Originally Posted by JKG View Post
    Funny you said that about the headliner! I dont have an opinion one way or the other about this whole post, but when I was considering buying a V Wagon (which I just did), I found a Top Gear video online where they reviewed the wagon. They said how wonderful the car was, but they complained about the "cheap" headliner. So the other day, I was out in my Corvette which I have owned for 5 years, and I looked up for the first time to look at the headliner. I guess it is not very fancy. Who the heck cares about that? I couldn't describe the quality or appearance of the headlner in any of my cars. All I really want out of a headliner is that it does not fall down while I am driving! (My detomaso pantera can NOT manage to achieve that goal - at least not until I replaced it.)
    It is a minor detail. Most $70k cars have a suede or alacantra headliner. It shows attention to detail. However, it isn't important and it is also fair to point out that most $70k cars don't have 550+ hp or run a quarter mile in 12 seconds...

Quote Originally Posted by Random84 View Post
    Sometimes people need shit to bitch about - and auto mag types need something to ramble on about. I'm guessing "headliner" falls into that category. If you find yourself watching a video where someone is ragging on about the headliner - it must mean the car is pretty awesome, otherwise they'd be talking about how much the acceleration sucks, the cornering is awful, the interior is rotten and smells, it's horribly over-priced, etc.

Kind of like the CTS-V reviews.

Now, about the gas cap....
    That's actually a good point.

Typical review:

"The CTS-V is the quickest and fastest of the bunch. It has precise steering, smooth acceleration, and a ride that wont knock out your grandpa's dentures. We liked the well thought out interior, and the Racarro seats. The seats maintain that sporty feel, while holding you in without being too stiff. But the headliner ruined it for us, and the cheap plastic console bezel, so the BMW is the clear winner out of the three...."

VMoose is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Stealth Blue Metallic CTS-V Wagon

How much does it cost to put in a suede headliner? Thoughts on getting it done aftermarket?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.