194 Miles & Quality Issues Already - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, 194 Miles & Quality Issues Already in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; The V is what it is. It's a $38000 car that costs $70000 because of what's in front of the ...
    Thunder Gray STS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium
    The V is what it is. It's a $38000 car that costs $70000 because of what's in front of the firewall, not behind it. With the exception of the optional seats and a few superfluous trim pieces everything is the same thing you find in the base CTS on the inside.

hulksdaddy is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): <-----"Hulk" 2000-2012...He will always be missed :-(

Re: 194 Miles & Quality Issues Already

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Gray STS View Post
    The V is what it is. It's a $38000 car that costs $70000 because of what's in front of the firewall, not behind it. With the exception of the optional seats and a few superfluous trim pieces everything is the same thing you find in the base CTS on the inside.
    Seems you're forgetting the chassis tuning, wheels, tires, aero etc. The V is NOT just a base CTS with a bigger motor.

Thunder Gray STS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by hulksdaddy

Seems you're forgetting the chassis tuning, wheels, tires, aero etc. The V is NOT just a base CTS with a bigger motor.
    We weren't talking about that, we were talking about interior trim.

hulksdaddy is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): <-----"Hulk" 2000-2012...He will always be missed :-(

We weren't talking about that, we were talking about interior trim.
    I was responding to the bolded above. I agree with the interior comment.

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

And the interior of the base CTS with interior upgrades...is as good as any Benz or BMW. Sorry it is as long as we are talking Gen 2 on up.

Higher end American cars have mostly caught up. Jag and Benz shown below are a step up but I wouldn't say heads and tails above. The BMW, is really nothing special. All of the cars below have vastly different price ranges.

CTS-V

CTS

2013 Shelby

550i 2012

2012 S7

2012 CLS550

2012 XJ ( jags are my current favorite )

2012 ZL1

mashthepedal is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by RaVeNous View Post
    BMW fan boy are we. BMW are overpriced. They are nice cars but sorry they aren't built better inside or out. I've been in a couple 335i fully loaded and they were very loose. Expensive material, not good fitment, and very plain. I've also driven a couple 7 series and they were better, very quiet, but by no means heads and tails above late model Cadillac. I could practically pull the interior door panels off the 335i's right off. Sorry I simply disagree. Every car has its issues, as does every manufacturer. Please save up and buy the M5...
    The V is a phenomenal performance car, but you're dreaming if you think the fit and finish is as good as the BMW. I owned an M3 for 5 years and never had a single issue. No leaks, no noise that shouldn't have been there, the carpets stayed put, the seats were rigid. But, I sold it because you don't want to own one out of warranty, one electronic gremlin and you're toast. You can debate whether they're overpriced, but that's a different argument.
    When I went for my first test drive with the V, neither me nor the salesman could move the driver seat forward, the latch was so stiff.
    I've had 6 Corvettes, unbelievable performance for the dollar, you just suck up the headaches.
    I promise you if you go on the Bimmer forums and complain that the carpet is lifting on your 70K car, you don't get a bunch of angry/sarcastic comments telling you to buy a Caddy.

I doubt on a Bimmer forum you're going to get any advice to buy anything but a bimmer. I don't agree. BMW is nothing special.

gjnockie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 13 CTS V Vagon

Quote Originally Posted by mashthepedal View Post
    The V is a phenomenal performance car, but you're dreaming if you think the fit and finish is as good as the BMW. I owned an M3 for 5 years and never had a single issue. No leaks, no noise that shouldn't have been there, the carpets stayed put, the seats were rigid. But, I sold it because you don't want to own one out of warranty, one electronic gremlin and you're toast. You can debate whether they're overpriced, but that's a different argument.
    When I went for my first test drive with the V, neither me nor the salesman could move the driver seat forward, the latch was so stiff.
    I've had 6 Corvettes, unbelievable performance for the dollar, you just suck up the headaches.
    I promise you if you go on the Bimmer forums and complain that the carpet is lifting on your 70K car, you don't get a bunch of angry/sarcastic comments telling you to buy a Caddy.
    Thank you!

Totally agree with everything you said!

I agree ^^^ you should go buy a new 5 series and enjoy.

mashthepedal is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

I doubt on a Bimmer forum you're going to get any advice to buy anything but a bimmer. I don't agree. BMW is nothing special.
    Of course you're right about not being advised to buy something else. My point was that import buyers don't settle for subpar fit and finish and we shouldn't either.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JFJr View Post
    I've never understood the complaints about the headliner and translucent sun shade. I like both of them, but have to admit that I spend most of my time keeping my eyes straight ahead and watching out for the slower and/or erratic drivers in front of me. I like being able to get by them quickly; it's a safety thing.

Jud
    Yeah, to me its just a headliner. I never notice it. That and my sunshade is always retracted anyway. When I do look at them I wonder what all the fuss is about...

Quote Originally Posted by mashthepedal View Post
    Of course you're right about not being advised to buy something else. My point was that import buyers don't settle for subpar fit and finish and we shouldn't either.
    I don't believe we are settling for subpar. I think that's the point your missing. Buying a V isn't settling. Every car I've ever owned or sat in has had imperfections.

Ok get an M6. That interior in better than a V!

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    It's like comparing a Rolex to one of the Casio's that sync with the atomic clock. The Rolex is fine jewelry and the quartz model (no longer in production) is very accurate, but it can't come close to competing with the Casio on accuracy, durability (maybe) and price. I have both so I'm qualified to make the comparison. The "V" is the Casio (with good materials); the BMW M5 is the Rolex. So we get down to preferences, money and snobbery. You are what you drive!

Jud
    Ted007, Ted007, Gman1023 and 1 others like this.
    Jud

MacBuster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Ok get an M6. That interior in better than a V!
    finally you are acknowledging what is obvious to everyone but you.

Gman1023 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Quote Originally Posted by JFJr View Post
    It's like comparing a Rolex to one of the Casio's that sync with the atomic clock. The Rolex is fine jewelry and the quartz model (no longer in production) is very accurate, but it can't come close to competing with the Casio on accuracy, durability (maybe) and price. I have both so I'm qualified to make the comparison. The "V" is the Casio (with good materials); the BMW M5 is the Rolex. So we get down to preferences, money and snobbery. You are what you drive!

Jud
    Good analogy. The V is a much better value. If you're one to care about the little bits and pieces on the interior you're free to overpay for them, but for most of us performance is a higher priority.
    MacBuster and MacBuster like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.