194 Miles & Quality Issues Already - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, 194 Miles & Quality Issues Already in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by gjnockie Thanks for your intelligent answer unlike some of the other adolescents that have replied to this ...
    IGraf is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon
    Quote Originally Posted by gjnockie View Post

Thanks for your intelligent answer unlike some of the other adolescents that have replied to this post.

I think I will get some heavy duty velcro and try to re-attach it that way.
    We had the exact same problem with our 2013 Vagon, on both sides, driver and passenger. Dealer indicated this is a common issue and ordered replacement carpets. No issues since they installed the new carpets.

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Re: 194 Miles & Quality Issues Already

Did you trade up for that Kia yet? This is a much higher quality car.

I spilled some monster energy drink this morning on my center console, and the black plastic just melted off. What was left behind looked like wet cardboard. I can't believe how cheap these Cadillacs are made. Entry level BMW are so solid you could drive at 45 on cobblestones and not even feel it!

USAFRET is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe A6 w/RECARO's

All three look yummy, seems the grass is always greener or we should stop listening to pretentious, self-indulging know nothings that consider themselves self appointed experts and that their pronouncements actually matter, who we should ignore and use our own eye's and senses god gave us.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Quote Originally Posted by RaVeNous View Post
    I spilled some monster energy drink this morning on my center console, and the black plastic just melted off. What was left behind looked like wet cardboard.
    Can't tell if serious
    or just joking about the potency of Monster

Chrispy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS Luxury

Last American (GM) car was a disaster so I thought I would give it another try. In one of my earlier posts I reported on the Supercharger rattle. Today on my 2013 V wagon I noticed that the carpeting in the kick panel next to the drivers dead pedal was loose, completely un-attached and pulled away.

You know I think most of us here including me want to buy American... but man when are these assembly workers going to get the message? Just sloppy careless workmanship. I know it's not a major big deal but I never had any issues like this with the foreign cars I have owned in the past. For once I would like to buy an American car that I didn't have to take back to the dealer right away to have something fixed.

Am I being unreasonable in thinking that when you buy a top of the line American built car you shouldn't have to put up with this stuff?
    My wagon was the same with the carpet and I can't get it back in easily. I'll mess with it some more though

It personally doesn't bother me enough to go to the dealer though...

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    +1 to Rippy! Good stuff! Let me tell you...I'll take a solid, proven powertrain over a million carpet issues any day of the week. The engine and trannys in these things are relatively speaking bulletproof. Next.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Thanks for your intelligent answer unlike some of the other adolescents that have replied to this post.

I think I will get some heavy duty velcro and try to re-attach it that way.
    I've been meaning to try this myself. I know its frustrating. Still, these cars are amazing for the price...

MacBuster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I love my V, and traded a 5-series in to get it.

But let's be honest, the interior build quality of my almost five year old 2008 535 was MILES (and MILES!) ahead of my 2012 V. The interior quality simply isn't comparable. I knew that going in (many time Caddy owner), so I generally just chuckle at the rocking seats, the rattles, the carpet, the cheap pleastics, and the fact I can push on panels and get flex.

I just mash the throttle and go (and my wallet thanks BMW for not bringing the M5 wagon to North American, and the E63 wagon for being too expensive).

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by MacBuster View Post
    I love my V, and traded a 5-series in to get it.

But let's be honest, the interior build quality of my almost five year old 2008 535 was MILES (and MILES!) ahead of my 2012 V. The interior quality simply isn't comparable. I knew that going in (many time Caddy owner), so I generally just chuckle at the rocking seats, the rattles, the carpet, the cheap pleastics, and the fact I can push on panels and get flex.

I just mash the throttle and go (and my wallet thanks BMW for not bringing the M5 wagon to North American, and the E63 wagon for being too expensive).

BMW fan boy are we. BMW are overpriced. They are nice cars but sorry they aren't built better inside or out. I've been in a couple 335i fully loaded and they were very loose. Expensive material, not good fitment, and very plain. I've also driven a couple 7 series and they were better, very quiet, but by no means heads and tails above late model Cadillac. I could practically pull the interior door panels off the 335i's right off. Sorry I simply disagree. Every car has its issues, as does every manufacturer. Please save up and buy the M5...

MacBuster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Of course I am a BMW fanboy. BMW makes excellent cars. The V is an excellent car. Only someone with an inferiority complex would see these facts as mutually exclusive.

I have spent little time in 3-series. I have no doubt they are designed for a price point to a degree (in many countries 3-series are common, and in no way considered premium at lower trim levels). The 5-series, which is more of a competitor to the CTS has an interior that is built out of far superior materials, and manufactured to a much higher standard. The difference is not subtle enough to even make this a disputable fact. I spent a number of months driving the 5-series and the V back to back on a daily basis.

The V has many other things going for it, which make it a compelling choice over the 5 series. For me: more fun, less chance of catastrophic failure from leaking sunroofs, over-engineered mechanicals and technology, availability of a wagon.

It pays to be objective.

gjnockie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 13 CTS V Vagon

Guess I need to chime in on this since I started this thread. The car I traded in for my new V wagon was a 2012 BMW 750i. It was a very good car but boring. I bought the V because I wanted something a little more exciting to drive everyday and a car that I could haul some stuff in when needed. I have owned many BMW's and yes they do break too. Believe me I have had my share of problems with them. One of them was so bad BMW replaced the car.

I really like the Caddy so far and I think that the build quality is pretty good. I just don't like to have to bring a new car in for annoying little things like the carpet when it appears to me that it is an issue that GM should have fixed by now since others here are experiencing the same problem.
    MacBuster and MacBuster like this.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Guess I need to chime in on this since I started this thread. The car I traded in for my new V wagon was a 2012 BMW 750i. It was a very good car but boring. I bought the V because I wanted something a little more exciting to drive everyday and a car that I could haul some stuff in when needed. I have owned many BMW's and yes they do break too. Believe me I have had my share of problems with them. One of them was so bad BMW replaced the car.

I really like the Caddy so far and I think that the build quality is pretty good. I just don't like to have to bring a new car in for annoying little things like the carpet when it appears to me that it is an issue that GM should have fixed by now since others here are experiencing the same problem.
    Agreed.

Gman1023 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

On the interior, the discussion is about quality not design. I think everyone here would agree that the V interior looks as nice or better than the competition. The difference is in materials quality mostly, and partially in engineering. For example, take the headliner. In a V you have the same headliner you get in a Chevy Sonic which costs 1/5 as much. The Germans would never do that to you. On the other hand, the V costs about $30,000 less than any of its German competition and Cadillac doesn't charge you absurd amounts for options on top of that. Plus Caddy gives you a bulletproof and very easily/inexpensively modified drivetrain.

The bottom line is that it is a tradeoff and everyone here made the decision in favor of the V. It's a great value and a truly awesome car that doesn't come with all of the expenses of a European performance car.
    MacBuster and MacBuster like this.

JFJr is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    I've never understood the complaints about the headliner and translucent sun shade. I like both of them, but have to admit that I spend most of my time keeping my eyes straight ahead and watching out for the slower and/or erratic drivers in front of me. I like being able to get by them quickly; it's a safety thing.

Jud
    Ted007, Ted007, hulksdaddy and 1 others like this.
    Jud

hulksdaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): <-----"Hulk" 2000-2012...He will always be missed :-(

I have no idea what my headliner looks like.
    Chrispy and Chrispy like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.