Getting my Differential rear end carrier replaced on Friday - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Getting my Differential rear end carrier replaced on Friday in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; No way would dealer put a 6 speed diff in place of one with the auto under warrantee. Maybe if ...
    1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

Re: Getting my Differential rear end carrier replaced on Friday

No way would dealer put a 6 speed diff in place of one with the auto under warrantee. Maybe if you payed for it they might, but otherwise, no.

NM11CTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 11 CTS-V Sedan
    How do I go about getting both diff and supercharger replaced? Both are making noise

Has it ever been done in one visit before?

Just tell em your problem and see what they say, if they deny get a district manager involved if your sure you've got a problem.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by NM11CTSV
    How do I go about getting both diff and supercharger replaced? Both are making noise

Has it ever been done in one visit before?
    I'm happy to say, yes, it has. Mine were both done at the same time. The dealer even ordered the parts off my verbal complaint alone without even seeing the car! It can be done. Where are you located?

Boosted2000si is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 10 CTSV

My dealer replaced my diff without question.

Fields Cadillac in St Augustine FL. One of the best service experiences I have had in a while. Randy was my service advisor and extremely nice & helpful. They earned a customer for life.

I'm in Albuquerque, NM

My issues I listed were,

Driver seat rock under acceleration and stop, driver headrest bottom plastic is coming off, driver seat circular adjustment buttons somehow got pushed in, diff wine at 40 mph under light acceleration, then stops when I let off, I think that was it. I figured I can go back at a separate visit for the supercharger. I still have the temp tag on the car lol.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by NM11CTSV View Post
    I'm in Albuquerque, NM

My issues I listed were,

Driver seat rock under acceleration and stop, driver headrest bottom plastic is coming off, driver seat circular adjustment buttons somehow got pushed in, diff wine at 40 mph under light acceleration, then stops when I let off, I think that was it. I figured I can go back at a separate visit for the supercharger. I still have the temp tag on the car lol.
    Hello NM11CTSV,

I am sorry for the vehicle issues you are experiencing. Let us know how everything goes and if you would like to discuss any concerns or issues, please reach out to us!

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Thank you. This will be my first experience with this dealership, hopefully they take care of me. My next closest cadillac dealership is in Santa Fe, NM.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Thank you. This will be my first experience with this dealership, hopefully they take care of me. My next closest cadillac dealership is in Santa Fe, NM.
    You are welcome NM11CTSV! I hope the dealership in Albuquerque works out for you too.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

I do, too. It took me about a year and GM realizing they had a problem to get it done but once the dealer acknowledged a problem (and they freely did) the repairs were done readily and with a smile on their face. Don't be afraid to email dealership GMs either.

Definitely heard the supercharger rattle just now when I got home and turned off the car... Sigh, this dealership is not going to like me. All these things that need to be done are $$$$ and it's going to be all at once. I'm sure they will come up with excuses left and right as to "that's normal, this is normal, etc" and try to not repair anything. With my luck...

Actually that is normal for the supercharger to make a rattle sound when you turn off the car, at least GM says so. This is because there is a spring that kind of backlashes when you shut off the engine. A solid isolater will make it quite, but GM does not allow putting those in the car.

Definitely heard the supercharger rattle just now when I got home and turned off the car... Sigh, this dealership is not going to like me. All these things that need to be done are $$$$ and it's going to be all at once. I'm sure they will come up with excuses left and right as to "that's normal, this is normal, etc" and try to not repair anything. With my luck...

The "normal" routine was what they gave me a year ago. Now, do not be fooled- the blower is going to rattle a bit. Even the new one does. The design will cause that for claimed longevity reasons but many units began to make a lot of noise. They developed a threshold for the normal range and if it exceeds it they replace it. All the tech or manager needs to do is write it up that way and you should sail. The new blower is much quieter than the old one.

As for the rear carrier, mine was a time bomb waiting to blow. A bearing had separated and both main gears were pitted. That was a no-brainer. Just be politely persistent and see what happens. Like I said, don't be afraid to involve dealership management if you're not happy.

Okay. Well if the supercharger rattle is normal, I'll leave it for now. I still have My extended warranty that will cover me

Okay. Well if the supercharger rattle is normal, I'll leave it for now. I still have My extended warranty that will cover me
    Don't "settle" for normal yet. Let them hear it and make a ruling. They've replaced so many of them lately the stock was running short. At least get in on record. As for the rear end, many were going out at less than 10K miles. Let them look at that, too. Records may save you later.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.