Best place to purchase extended GM warranty for the CTS-V?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Best place to purchase extended GM warranty for the CTS-V? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I recently purchased a 2011 Coupe. I will eventually want to extend the GM warranty. No mods for me save ...
    RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Best place to purchase extended GM warranty for the CTS-V?

I recently purchased a 2011 Coupe.

I will eventually want to extend the GM warranty. No mods for me save some exhaust.

Where, who has the best prices? How can I insure I'm being sold the actual GM warranty and not some aftermarket bull? What options/prices should be available.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Re: Best place to purchase extended GM warranty for the CTS-V?

James black Cadillac in PA. I bought the extended warranty for my 09 V from them and I plan to be a repeat customer shortly for the 13 V. There are a number of other Internet resellers with low prices for the genuine GMPP.

BCantrell is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX
    Thank you for the recommendation on James Black Cadillac for the extended warranty! Not only was Allen very professional, we saved a fortune and have this blog to thank.

USAFRET is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe A6 w/RECARO's

Over on the Corvette Forum there are at least 3 supporting dealers that sell GMPP's at the best prices I have ever seen. A simple post will provide their names and prove how satisfied Corvette Forum members are.

I bought my last 3 GMPP's from a Dennis Fitchner (Fitchner Chevrolet). Even bought one for my wife's 08 Jaguar.

Tom

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

Yep, I bought my 2009 Colorado warrantee from James Black Caddy and had good luck. For 900 bucks I got 5 more years but only 40K extra miles, no biggie though as I only drive the truck 8k miles a year. It'll pay for itself if something major goes wrong in the powertrain after the 5 year powertrain gm warrantee runs out 2014, just got it a year ago, so good for another 4 more years.

HUGN*RDS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 V

Hey guys I need a little help here. i bought my extended warranty through a GM dealer who I thought was selling me a GM warranty not an aftermarket one. Long story short it is a CNA national warranty and I think I paid a lot more for it than what I am seeing here for the warranty prices. IIRC, I paid $2600! So I obviously want the GM extended not some aftermetket one. Why did the dealer sell me this one in the first place? It's my fault, I know, but looking at the contract it only says "Extended Warranty" at the top and has in small letters the company CNA.

Anyways, can I call up the GM dealers you guys mention and set it up all over the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by HUGN*RDS View Post

Anyways, can I call up the GM dealers you guys mention and set it up all over the phone?
    For the most part, bu they will most likely want photographic proof of your cars mileage.

Quote Originally Posted by HUGN*RDS View Post
    So I obviously want the GM extended not some aftermetket one. Why did the dealer sell me this one in the first place?
    Profit, why else?

Get a refund on it and get GMPP. That way, you have the genuine product and it is accepted at all GM dealers, not just Cadillac dealers.

Big Jay is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by USAFRET View Post
    Over on the Corvette Forum there are at least 3 supporting dealers that sell GMPP's at the best prices I have ever seen. A simple post will provide their names and prove how satisfied Corvette Forum members are.

I bought my last 3 GMPP's from a Dennis Fitchner (Fitchner Chevrolet). Even bought one for my wife's 08 Jaguar.

Tom
    Yes.. Do not purchase a warranty until you have talked to Dennis.

HUGN*RDS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 V

I just checked my receipt/warranty slip, I was wrong, I paid $3200 holy cow!. That was for the CNA automotive preferred care package. I'm going to call around today.

pat2t2f is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    That was totally overpriced. My GMPP warranty was less than $2,000. About $1,700

My son paid less that $1500 for a ZERO deductable 5 year 75,000 mile GMPP for his 2010 Camaro SS from Ken Fichtner from the Corvette Forum last year.

pat2t2f is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    The salesman told me the extended warranty for the V costs the same as the regular CTS. I was surprised. I thought it would be the same as the corvette.

I'm just mulling over whether to extend to 72 months on my brand new wagon, and to 72 or 90k miles. $1600 vs $2500 from Black for the $0 deductible. Buying now is MUCH cheaper than buying at the end of the factory warranty.

Decisions, decisions....

stl_ls1gto is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V wagon M6, 2011 GMC Sierra CCSB 6.2L, 2004 GTO

next time, try to work in the extended warranty when you buy the car. My dealer sold me the warranty at their cost, as well as a wheel and tire warranty at their cost. I dont put on alot of miles, as this is a 4th car for me, so I extended my bumper to bumper an extra 3 years and only 5000 miles I think. I paid like $1100 or so for it - so I have a 7year/55k mile bumper to bumper. My 5 year, wheel and tire warranty was like $300 I think.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.