Best place to purchase extended GM warranty for the CTS-V? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Best place to purchase extended GM warranty for the CTS-V? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hey guys I am going to call to buy one of these and so which one from GM is the ...
    HUGN*RDS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 V

Re: Best place to purchase extended GM warranty for the CTS-V?

Hey guys I am going to call to buy one of these and so which one from GM is the best? I want equivalent protection to the factory warranty, bumper to bumper, powertrain etc.. I want to call around before I cancel my $3200 CNA warranty. I wouldn't want to give them my mileage (20k) or something and be charged more. Mine's an 09 too, does the year make a difference for the price and is it all "on top" of the factory warranty or does it begin immediately?

Also, does GM offer wheel and tire warranties too? Who's the best place for this?

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

GMPP Major Guard is what you are looking for.

They will verify your mileage before you pay with a picture or other means, so you might as well give it to them when asked. You WILL pay more the closer you get to the end of the bumper to bumper warranty, that is simply the nature of the beast. It sure won't be $3200 US that you pay, though, if you use any of the recommendations in this thread.

6104696 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I used James Black for my GMPP for my V and also for my Suburban, both about 2 or maybe 3 years ago. At that time there was a supporting vendor on this site (maybe it was Superior caddy?) and they begrudgingly agreed to match Black's price but then lost their franchise for whatever reason (time-wise, this was not too far removed from the banruptcy) before I could sign up, so I went with Black.

Odometer photos were needed....which confused me since they could have just pinged the mileage from onstar.....

Yeah, some GM dealers sell non-GMPP warranties; I guess antitrust or anti-monopoly laws let them have that freedom. GMPP seems to me to be the only way to go.

Until recently I always stayed away from extended warranties, thinking that they were merely a mechanical insurance policy that is priced so that the policy sellers will win and policy holders will lose. But in view of the ridiculous cost and complexity car parts and repairs these days, and in view of a significant positive effect on resale if there is remaining warranty, I have changed my tune.

OldRoadDawg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post
    James black Cadillac in PA.
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFRET View Post
    I bought my last 3 GMPP's from a Dennis Fitchner (Fitchner Chevrolet).
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jay View Post
    Yes.. Do not purchase a warranty until you have talked to Dennis.
    Black Cadillac has very competitive prices. . . however, I received a quote from Dennis Fichtner @ Fichtner Chevrolet. I then sat down with Allen in his office at Black Cadillac last week. I showed him Fichtner's quote. He couldn't - or wouldn't match the numbers.

We had a nice chat about the new models of Cadillac coming out and then I went home, called Dennis Fichtner and bought from him. Saved a little over $100.

USAFRET is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe A6 w/RECARO's

Quote Originally Posted by OldRoadDawg View Post
    Black Cadillac has very competitive prices. . . however, I received a quote from Dennis Fichtner @ Fichtner Chevrolet. I then sat down with Allen in his office at Black Cadillac last week. I showed him Fichtner's quote. He couldn't - or wouldn't match the numbers.

We had a nice chat about the new models of Cadillac coming out and then I went home, called Dennis Fichtner and bought from him. Saved a little over $100.
    There is a reason the vast majority of Corvette owners buy their GMPP from Dennis. I suggest paying the CF a visit and finding out for yourself.

OldRoadDawg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Just read this thread posted by Dennis Fichtner, whom I purchased my warranty from, over on the Corvette forum:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1583955050-post1.html

Bad news for any of you in CA or MD that were considering the purchase of a GMPP extended warranty.

HUGN*RDS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 V
    To follow up with my previous post in this thread I ended up going with my local Caddy dealer, they matched the best price I found on a 48/60k major guard.
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

Quote Originally Posted by HUGN*RDS View Post
    To follow up with my previous post in this thread I ended up going with my local Caddy dealer, they matched the best price I found on a 48/60k major guard.
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    I'll be going to mine shortly myself.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Quote Originally Posted by OldRoadDawg View Post
    Just read this thread posted by Dennis Fichtner, whom I purchased my warranty from, over on the Corvette forum:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1583955050-post1.html

Bad news for any of you in CA or MD that were considering the purchase of a GMPP extended warranty.
    Boooooooo! Sounds like a state government-decided edict to a) increase car purchase price if you go with a warranty and therefore b) a way to increase tax revenue. This also leads to c) increased dealer revenue as now there is no, or little competition for GMPP.

As much as I miss living in the Bay Area, I must say that this time, I am glad I live in Ohio.

elevated is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Its amazing how all this new legislation is sticking it to consumers. I am in FL and shut out.

fee5fofum is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by elevated View Post
    Its amazing how all this new legislation is sticking it to consumers. I am in FL and shut out.
    I live in Florida and bought my GMPP (at a discounted price) from here:
    http://www.gmppdirectridgeway.com/

My Cadillac dealer wanted to sell me the Fidelity Warranty Services one, they don't even offer the GM one! The price was the same as the GMPP, only theirs is the "Platinum" level. I can't find the deductible though, so I'll look it up. I'll do an "apples-to-apples" real soon since I need to get one in a month. It does have an A+ BBB rating though.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by baabootoo View Post
    My Cadillac dealer wanted to sell me the Fidelity Warranty Services one, they don't even offer the GM one! The price was the same as the GMPP, only theirs is the "Platinum" level. I can't find the deductible though, so I'll look it up. I'll do an "apples-to-apples" real soon since I need to get one in a month. It does have an A+ BBB rating though.
    Hello baabootoo,

If you would like information on the GMPP, visit the site at http://www.gmprotectionplan.com/. If you call the Cadillac phone number at 1-800-882-1112, they can further discuss any questions you may have. I wanted to share this with you, and thought you would like to look into this before you purchase your extended service contract.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Thanks, but I already have a quote from Fitchner and Black. I wanted to see if my local dealer would come close, and they wouldn't even offer it which still surprises me.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by baabootoo View Post
    Thanks, but I already have a quote from Fitchner and Black. I wanted to see if my local dealer would come close, and they wouldn't even offer it which still surprises me.
    Hi baabootoo,

You are welcome. I am sorry the dealer is not accommodating for your extended warranty. If there are ever additional questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.