Ordering a V wagon
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Ordering a V wagon in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I looked at wagons before I bought my sedan. I looked at wagons when I drove my sedan. And I ...
    VMoose is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Stealth Blue Metallic CTS-V Wagon

Ordering a V wagon

I looked at wagons before I bought my sedan. I looked at wagons when I drove my sedan. And I decided to order a wagon so I'm selling my sedan. I gave it a full year before deciding but it was time to build it just how I wanted it before it was too late and chances are the used market will never have this combination of options. I know I want to stay in a V because I don't think I've ever enjoyed a car this much.

When I first got my TG V sedan, I was leaning towards the opulent blue but my wife talked me into the thunder grey. I think she was right in the color choice as the TG looks great on the sedan. The OBM seems to fit the wagon more as it makes it a true Sport Wagon.

I'm currently deployed and wanted to time it to arrive when I get back. Good thing I am gone, I'm already wishing for the time to past faster but this makes coming home that much more exciting. My wife has been nothing but supportive. "Your spouse has to support your passions, and you have to support hers - or it's not going to work."

Option list:
    OBM
    6MT
    Sueded wheel and shifter
    Recaros and ebony enterior
    Satin graphite wheels
    Red calipers
    Black chrome grille
    Luggage rack (for my mountain bikes)

I want to do black chrome on the trim, tint, lowering. Considering options on exhaust. I really like NeuronBob's setup.

Dealer should be putting my order in Monday!

Classified ad for my sedan - let me know if I'm off on the price...
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadill...c-sunroof.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Re: Ordering a V wagon

With that set of options, did you consider the Stealth Blue?

I did, but I am having a hard time determining what stealth blue is actually going to look like. The promo pictures are not that enticing.
    Kyle_B and Kyle_B like this.

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Cheers - there should be an influx of "New Blue Vagon" posts here in roughly 4-6 weeks.

If this is stealth blue, I'm definitely sticking with opulent blue.
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...e-v-sedan.html

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Stop copying me! Well, at least I have my yellow calipers to set me apart.

Just kidding, welcome to the quickly growing OBM wagon club, and thank you for your service. Should be a great reward for deploying.

Don't worry neuronbob, the population of OBM V wagons will still be quite low. :-) I've not seen this exact combination of options yet. You've got a nice wagon, I appreciate all the information you've shared on your mods!
    neuronbob and neuronbob like this.

Quote Originally Posted by VMoose View Post
    If this is stealth blue, I'm definitely sticking with opulent blue.
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...e-v-sedan.html
    Yeah, basically Corvette's Supersonic Blue. Note it's normal gloss paint, not satin/matte like all the official GM photos gunked up with dulling spray. I was tempted, but the wagon isn't available with the twilight blue interior and I thought the paint alone was a $6K option when actually it just autoselects Recaros, suede, Sapele, black wheels and black grille -- the paint itself ends up just a $230 premium, cheaper than the tricoats. Anyway, it seemed a half-measure without the blue interior. And even Opulent Blue seems a safer choice.

Jinx, thanks for the information. I looked up lots of pictures of Supersonic Blue, and it looks way better than anything I've seen for Stealth Blue Metallic. Perhaps you know me better than I know myself as I am strongly considering changing my color now. I'm thinking Stealth Blue Metallic with red calipers. It really is the exact options I've chosen, and the subdued blue color is intriguing.

I don't know for a fact that it's exactly Supersonic Blue, that's just what I'd heard going around, and the few actually-shiny photos out there look like a close match.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/02/15/c...imited-editio/
    http://www.autoblog.com/2011/07/12/s...rsonic-w-poll/

Even if it's not exact, it'll be striking; I don't know what GM was thinking when they dulled-down the official photos. If I hadn't been convinced of the merits of a black Cadillac, I'd be there. And if by some twist of fate I hear black is constrained (!), it wouldn't be such a bad fallback.

Where'd you find that stealth wagon photo btw, and is it available in higher resolution?

.Jinx

JKG
    JKG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I just went through the same thing.
    As much as I wanted to like opulent blue, if you open your eyes when you are driving around locally here in the states, OB looks a lot like what you see everywhere on toyotas, subarus, fords, etc. not trying to hurt anyone's feelings - a clean shiny OB car looks nice. I am not in love with the stealth blue, but it is a little different, so I ordered that. just hoping it doesn't look gray-blue like every BMW out there...

Jinx, from the Cadillac.com build website. I think it is at the highest resolution available. I clicked the (+) sign. http://www.cadillac.com/cts-v-luxury...kIjpudWxsfQ==@

----------

Photo gallery of Supersonic Blue V

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/cadil...photo-4289004/

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

Ya know Moose, good thinking. I'm actually thinking with the red calipers the stealth blue does look better and maybe something your not as likely to tire of as the years go by. Like was said, theres lots or rice burners these days in a blue very similiar to the opulent blue, especially suburu and toyota. I think your color combo choice will be even more unique plus it's a limited edition so your car will be very rare with more than likely less then 20 Vagons if that in that combo.

You have similiar tastes in colors as I do. I actually had a thunder gray 2012 sedan too and ordered a opulent blue wagon with red calipers. The order was taking so long I ended up cancelling and getting a black diamond wagon off a lot in PA. For me this might be the best color anyhow because I'm pushing 55 and feel it just looks a little more sophisticated especially with the beige/gold colored pinstripe I put on it to sorta match the yellow calipers. I'm super happy with my color combo. I see according to your zip you must be from Fla, me too, winters, maybe next fall we should have some sort of meet at Bradenton Dragway, that would be fun. I'm more than likely taking my car to the meet at Darlington which is April 20th (it was cancelled march and re-scheduled) which is for all LS powered GM cars, theres a lot of GTO's and G8GT's, GXPS's there that's how I started going to this meet when I had my Pontiac G8GT.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Quote Originally Posted by JKG View Post
    As much as I wanted to like opulent blue, if you open your eyes when you are driving around locally here in the states, OB looks a lot like what you see everywhere on toyotas, subarus, fords, etc. not trying to hurt anyone's feelings - a clean shiny OB car looks nice. I am not in love with the stealth blue, but it is a little different, so I ordered that. just hoping it doesn't look gray-blue like every BMW out there...
    No feelings hurt here. The stealth blue is a little light for my taste, but still looks good with red calipers to set it off.[COLOR="Silver"]

Quote Originally Posted by JKG View Post
    JKG you put it well, nice to get something a little different. I emailed my dealer an updated wish list so they should be placing the order in the morning for a stealth blue metallic wagon with the above options.

1997BlackETC, I really like the opulent blue and I think it's a striking color but I plan on hanging on to this one for a while. The stealth part of stealth blue is more my style. At the end of the day, it's going to be a V wagon with a 6MT and that is stupidly cool.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.