Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Ordering a V wagon

52K views 267 replies 38 participants last post by  vincemcoupe 
#1 ·
I looked at wagons before I bought my sedan. I looked at wagons when I drove my sedan. And I decided to order a wagon so I'm selling my sedan. I gave it a full year before deciding but it was time to build it just how I wanted it before it was too late and chances are the used market will never have this combination of options. I know I want to stay in a V because I don't think I've ever enjoyed a car this much.

When I first got my TG V sedan, I was leaning towards the opulent blue but my wife talked me into the thunder grey. I think she was right in the color choice as the TG looks great on the sedan. The OBM seems to fit the wagon more as it makes it a true Sport Wagon.

I'm currently deployed and wanted to time it to arrive when I get back. Good thing I am gone, I'm already wishing for the time to past faster but this makes coming home that much more exciting. My wife has been nothing but supportive. "Your spouse has to support your passions, and you have to support hers - or it's not going to work."

Option list:
OBM
6MT
Sueded wheel and shifter
Recaros and ebony enterior
Satin graphite wheels
Red calipers
Black chrome grille
Luggage rack (for my mountain bikes)

I want to do black chrome on the trim, tint, lowering. Considering options on exhaust. I really like NeuronBob's setup.

Dealer should be putting my order in Monday!

Classified ad for my sedan - let me know if I'm off on the price...
http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/cadillac-cts-vs-for-sale/p10445-2012-thunder-grey-cts-v-sedan-2c-a6-2c-recaros-2c-ebony-2c-sunroof.html

See less See more
#229 ·
Why not order a new one Jimbo, I heard they have the new "Purple Pimp Edition" coming out soon for 2014, it will have Chrome sidepipes, bull horns on the hood and comes with black fuzzy dice hanging from the rear view mirror. Exterior is purple with lots of extra chrome and interior is geniune leopard skin.

#236 ·
I ordered a 2014 CTS-V Wagon today.
Obsession Red Tintoat
Recaros
Suede wheel and knob
Polished wheels
Yellow calipers
Ebony interior
Sunroof
Midnight Sapelle wood trim

I have a Crystal Red 2010 CTS Sport Wagon and like it perhaps more than any car I've ever owned (and have owned about 30). I've wanted a V wagon (only 1200 sold in 4 model years) ever since they came out in 2011. To me it's the best of all worlds - performance and utility combined. Don't know if it's true but the sales manager of Moore Cadillac in Chantilly VA says that Cadillac will only make 750 V's - in all trims and that they will produce the cars early in the model year and then cease CTS-V production. Anybody else hear that?

#237 ·
Are the 2-piece rotors standard? I was told I couldn't order a 2014 till September.

#241 ·
#244 ·
First shipment of the bonus accessories showed up today.

Cadillac collapsible partition
Roadway 2-Bike Rack
Rear heavy duty floor mats
Fire Extinguisher
Tow Hook

Still on order and to come:
Spare tire
Cargo tray
Cargo Fence
Cargo Partition

#247 ·
It's Suntek CTX 35, full ceramic tint. I think the black interior is making it look much darker, but it definitely is darker than other 35% tints I've seen. I wanted to to keep it legal, and also wanted uniform tint all the way around the glass.

The clear bra is partial hood and fender. It turned out well.

I spent 300 on the tint and 600 on the clear bra.

#249 ·
Who did it for you?

#251 ·
I had mine done in Goodlettsville Accu-tint he did my V1 tint and bra, the vagon and our prius v.

#253 · (Edited)
I'm quite certain the threaded portion is still behind the tab. From what I have read, many people have ordered the Rho plate accessory to utilize the threads (indicating the fit for 2012 and newer Vs), so I did make an assumption that my 2013 should still work with the tow hook. I guess I could go double check.

Update: Yep there are threads behind the tab. Easily visible through the grille.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.