Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Ordering a V wagon

52K views 267 replies 38 participants last post by  vincemcoupe 
#1 ·
I looked at wagons before I bought my sedan. I looked at wagons when I drove my sedan. And I decided to order a wagon so I'm selling my sedan. I gave it a full year before deciding but it was time to build it just how I wanted it before it was too late and chances are the used market will never have this combination of options. I know I want to stay in a V because I don't think I've ever enjoyed a car this much.

When I first got my TG V sedan, I was leaning towards the opulent blue but my wife talked me into the thunder grey. I think she was right in the color choice as the TG looks great on the sedan. The OBM seems to fit the wagon more as it makes it a true Sport Wagon.

I'm currently deployed and wanted to time it to arrive when I get back. Good thing I am gone, I'm already wishing for the time to past faster but this makes coming home that much more exciting. My wife has been nothing but supportive. "Your spouse has to support your passions, and you have to support hers - or it's not going to work."

Option list:
OBM
6MT
Sueded wheel and shifter
Recaros and ebony enterior
Satin graphite wheels
Red calipers
Black chrome grille
Luggage rack (for my mountain bikes)

I want to do black chrome on the trim, tint, lowering. Considering options on exhaust. I really like NeuronBob's setup.

Dealer should be putting my order in Monday!

Classified ad for my sedan - let me know if I'm off on the price...
http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/cadillac-cts-vs-for-sale/p10445-2012-thunder-grey-cts-v-sedan-2c-a6-2c-recaros-2c-ebony-2c-sunroof.html

See less See more
#197 ·
Tim:

Tell your sales guy to make sure that your car was delivered with the suede shifter as it seems GM has messed up many orders by installing the suede steering wheel but forgetting to install the suede shifter and instead leaving the leather knob...

Might as well get this corrected before you get home if GM did indeed mess yours up too.....

#201 ·
Welcome home!

Congrats on the new wagon. I'm glad things worked out for you.

That color is better than I thought it would be.

#204 ·
God thats beautiful!!

#205 ·
I spoke with an independent body guy and also had the dealer's body manager look over it for me. Everything looked good from all angles and I even got on the ground to look up at the paint. This angle is apparently the easiest to see imperfections.

#208 ·
Going from the auto to the 6MT has been such a welcome change. I've always had manuals, so it feels so much better and connected to me. The daily drive with rowing the gears is more enjoyable because I don't have to be driving as aggressively to feel the energy of the V wagon.

Also, it has the sueded wheel and shifter. No build issues there.

#213 ·
OMG! 2 V wagons in the same picture! I now own a stealth blue wagon V, and I have only seen a regular CTS wagon once ever, and never another V ever. that's a great picture. I got past the break in miles today, and took it up to 5000 rpm with my new exhaust cutouts. This car totally rocks! (or whatever expression you want to put in there) Just as much fun as a corvette Z06!!

#223 ·
OMG someone crossed the streams.......BOOM!!!

I can't believe two unicorns in the same pic.

#218 ·
Very Cool!

#219 ·
Proud owner of the silver Vagon here... Looks like Moose beat me to posting the pictures. Have to say, the blue looks much better with red calipers than I would have thought.

After the 6-month search to find a Vagon with a 6M, Recaros, and roof delete another unicorn appears. Moose's pictures came out better than mine, but I particularly like this angle.

Attachments

#222 ·
Proud owner of the silver Vagon here... Looks like Moose beat me to posting the pictures. Have to say, the blue looks much better with red calipers than I would have thought.

After the 6-month search to find a Vagon with a 6M, Recaros, and roof delete another unicorn appears. Moose's pictures came out better than mine, but I particularly like this angle.
Moose has good parking skillz. Yours needs work, Dan. hahahaha

#220 ·
DanPrfct said:

Outstanding! Welcome aboard! Great to see you posting. It's kind of rare to get "the other owner" to post outside of a meet or something.

#225 ·
VMoose was hugging the curb to leave space.

Dan was just not getting too close to the other Unicorn - no need to risk door dings in a wide open parking lot, right?

Neat to see the two cars in one photo.

I'm calling you guys up when I drive to FL in september, we'll get all three of our sticks really close to each other and take photos.

Yeah, that came out right. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.