Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Ordering a V wagon

52K views 267 replies 38 participants last post by  vincemcoupe 
#1 ·
I looked at wagons before I bought my sedan. I looked at wagons when I drove my sedan. And I decided to order a wagon so I'm selling my sedan. I gave it a full year before deciding but it was time to build it just how I wanted it before it was too late and chances are the used market will never have this combination of options. I know I want to stay in a V because I don't think I've ever enjoyed a car this much.

When I first got my TG V sedan, I was leaning towards the opulent blue but my wife talked me into the thunder grey. I think she was right in the color choice as the TG looks great on the sedan. The OBM seems to fit the wagon more as it makes it a true Sport Wagon.

I'm currently deployed and wanted to time it to arrive when I get back. Good thing I am gone, I'm already wishing for the time to past faster but this makes coming home that much more exciting. My wife has been nothing but supportive. "Your spouse has to support your passions, and you have to support hers - or it's not going to work."

Option list:
OBM
6MT
Sueded wheel and shifter
Recaros and ebony enterior
Satin graphite wheels
Red calipers
Black chrome grille
Luggage rack (for my mountain bikes)

I want to do black chrome on the trim, tint, lowering. Considering options on exhaust. I really like NeuronBob's setup.

Dealer should be putting my order in Monday!

Classified ad for my sedan - let me know if I'm off on the price...
http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/cadillac-cts-vs-for-sale/p10445-2012-thunder-grey-cts-v-sedan-2c-a6-2c-recaros-2c-ebony-2c-sunroof.html

See less See more
#99 ·
VMoose, the sunroof is a deal killer. Sorry about the PMs, for some reason the forum only allows me to store 2...

Mine was under invoice, but then they added in advertising fees. All of the local dealers I talked with worked this way. They were very clear about what their cost was (of course without mentioning holdback) and what I would pay and showed me exactly what the GM dealer ordering website showed for pricing after configuring the car. In the end, it was over $4000 under MSRP + current dealer cash, so ~ $6000 under MSRP including destination, advertising, dealer fees, etc. but without tax and title. Even after tax and title, it should still be under MSRP.

Tim

Tim

#101 ·
My order was $500 below invoice and they would walk away from it for less (special order with trade in). If the car was on the lot, they would go more to move it. Understandably, dealer takes a lot of risk to guarantee a deal 6 weeks out.

I.would ask around and see if someone can hook you up with a friends & family discount, that would ne the best deal.

#102 ·
sorry to hear the bad news. On my end, rumor is that my stealth blue wagon has arrived at dealer. i hope they dont bash it into a wall. I saw a Toyota salesman do that once when trying to sell my wife a minivan.
Anyway, I guess now I finally have to sell my really sweet 2010 Jeep SRT8. it will be hard to let it go - it really is a great ride. Anyone interested? I ordered the V wagon on an impulse, because you guys had me convinced they were done making them forever. Now they are going to make more for 2014? oh well.

#104 ·
They can't have that many parts left for the 2014 Vs. I don't imagine this will be a long run.

#105 ·
I really like the stealth blue, but I'd be happy with the phantom gray too. No word from the dealer today so I get some more time to sit and chew on my options. There are lots of cool cars out there, and even this one I can't expect to have forever.

#108 ·
Dealer is confirming order window for 2014, because any re-order will be a 2014. Told me over the phone that I could be looking at SEP-OCT13 for a delivery date. He will confirm tomorrow. Stealth blue is looking like it's out the window, but I'm not too concerned. The limited availability of the stealth blue was nice, but I think a phantom gray metallic will be much more striking.

The only thing I'm not sure about is if I want to sit around that long waiting for a V wagon.

#112 ·
Interesting possibility there.

#114 · (Edited)
I've given it some more thought, and I would accept the stealth blue V wagon if $10,000 was taken off the negotiated price. I know this was not offered to me as an option and I'm slightly surprised given the $2200 of unexplained damages and having to sign a waiver to accept it. The offer of GM accessories was kind in recognition of the inconvenience, but paying new car price for a damaged and repaired V wagon does not make sense to me.

Based on the phone conversation with the dealer, the initial expectation that any other V wagon that would be built is a 2014 and would take until SEP-OCT 2013 to be delivered is doable but not ideal after waiting 5 weeks already. I could certainly go car-less until fall, but I am curious to know what they will think of the proposal.

Of course I am still very interested to get the full information from Cadillac on the 2014 orders, options, and timelines so that I can make the decision and move forward in a specific direction.

This post has been deleted
#119 ·
They almost certainly do not show up on a Carfax, Autocheck, or on the GMVIS.

I shudder to think that I was actively considering a GM exec vehicle a few months ago. Makes you think.....

#120 ·
Auto trader has one listed in New York a 6sp. Kinda strapped right now but would trade my TG for a SB in a heart beat. Was the dealer in BW TN still taking the car? Sorry for your trouble. I wanted a SB when I purchased mine a year ago. Everyone kept saying now way would they build one. If I had known, I would have waited. I just luv that color, had a 91 Vette that color and my '06 V was SG. Good Luck in finding one i searched a year before I bought my '11 TG Wagon.

#123 ·
Ya, moose at this point you'd probabley be best off just to get one off a lot. I had sorta the same thing happen to me with my V, I bought a Sedan last summer, it had previous crash damage that was repaired and the dealer agreed to take it back and order me a new one, the order was nearly 3 months in and the car had not been made yet so I found one on a lot in another state and the dealer agreed to get the car for me. Even though it was not the exact color I wanted it all worked out.

#126 ·
The dealer still has not gotten back with me on the questions I have asked. Hopefully tomorrow, they will get with Cadillac and ask about the damaged SB V Wagon, its disposition, and if they would discount it heavily. They should also get some more solid details on when a new V wagon can be built.

I know I would be very happy with a phantom gray metallic V wagon optioned with yellow calipers instead like the V sedan I had. I am curious about the SB V wagon in NY, but I don't want to distract my dealer with another question until they answer the first two I have out to them.

Jinx, what's the story on yours?

----------

Interested. I went to the dealer's website and I couldn't find the same vehicle.

#130 ·
I ordered and now have in my garage what I think may be the last thunder gray Vagon with 6 speed. Pretty much have every option including black chrome grill. What a wonderful car. I was thinking of keeping it and driving it a few 1000 miles per year, figuring that when I'm 75 (48 now) it could be with some money. Now I hear they are making '14s. How can I find out how many of these vagons were made? I do know one thing, with the black wheels and red calipers, people stop look and say, basically "coolest car ever" including Porsche drivers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.