Ordering a V wagon - Page 9
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Ordering a V wagon in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by WGT31 Auto trader has one listed in New York a 6sp. Kinda strapped right now but would ...
    timg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 M6 Stealth Blue CTS-V Sedan

Re: Ordering a V wagon

Quote Originally Posted by WGT31 View Post
    Auto trader has one listed in New York a 6sp. Kinda strapped right now but would trade my TG for a SB in a heart beat. Was the dealer in BW TN still taking the car? Sorry for your trouble. I wanted a SB when I purchased mine a year ago. Everyone kept saying now way would they build one. If I had known, I would have waited. I just luv that color, had a 91 Vette that color and my '06 V was SG. Good Luck in finding one i searched a year before I bought my '11 TG Wagon.
    Looks like that one doesn't have a sunroof based on the MSRP.

Tim

VMoose is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Stealth Blue Metallic CTS-V Wagon

I will ask my dealer to see what the full option list on that one. I don't want a sunroof...

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

Ya, moose at this point you'd probabley be best off just to get one off a lot. I had sorta the same thing happen to me with my V, I bought a Sedan last summer, it had previous crash damage that was repaired and the dealer agreed to take it back and order me a new one, the order was nearly 3 months in and the car had not been made yet so I found one on a lot in another state and the dealer agreed to get the car for me. Even though it was not the exact color I wanted it all worked out.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Hang in there, VMoose. I don't have my wagon yet either. Here's to the '14s.

Heres one here in NY, it is Stealth Blue Metallic with a Manual and no sunroof http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...46210878&Log=0

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Hang in there, VMoose. I don't have my wagon yet either. Here's to the '14s.
    The dealer still has not gotten back with me on the questions I have asked. Hopefully tomorrow, they will get with Cadillac and ask about the damaged SB V Wagon, its disposition, and if they would discount it heavily. They should also get some more solid details on when a new V wagon can be built.

I know I would be very happy with a phantom gray metallic V wagon optioned with yellow calipers instead like the V sedan I had. I am curious about the SB V wagon in NY, but I don't want to distract my dealer with another question until they answer the first two I have out to them.

Jinx, what's the story on yours?

----------

Quote Originally Posted by 1997BlackETC View Post
    Heres one here in NY, it is Stealth Blue Metallic with a Manual and no sunroof http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...46210878&Log=0
    Interested. I went to the dealer's website and I couldn't find the same vehicle.

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Looks like that Wagon linked above has sold.

Sighborgs. Re-engaging with the dealer today. Hopefully I will have some feedback.

Bummer, ya, the listing is now removed from autotrader, must be sold.

jwbhole is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon ThunderGray, Six Speed
    I ordered and now have in my garage what I think may be the last thunder gray Vagon with 6 speed. Pretty much have every option including black chrome grill. What a wonderful car. I was thinking of keeping it and driving it a few 1000 miles per year, figuring that when I'm 75 (48 now) it could be with some money. Now I hear they are making '14s. How can I find out how many of these vagons were made? I do know one thing, with the black wheels and red calipers, people stop look and say, basically "coolest car ever" including Porsche drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by jwbhole View Post
    I ordered and now have in my garage what I think may be the last thunder gray Vagon with 6 speed. Pretty much have every option including black chrome grill. What a wonderful car. I was thinking of keeping it and driving it a few 1000 miles per year, figuring that when I'm 75 (48 now) it could be with some money. Now I hear they are making '14s. How can I find out how many of these vagons were made? I do know one thing, with the black wheels and red calipers, people stop look and say, basically "coolest car ever" including Porsche drivers.
    Ya, that's a really good color combo you got there. I think I will eventually paint my yellow Calipers Red on my Black diamond Vagon, I think that would look better, at the same time maybe change out my goldish pinstripe to a red pinstripe

You are right, that is an awesome combination and way cool wagon. Dealer sent me two emails today, both saying they could not get in touch with the factory.

... we will have information and choices in the morning. We will be in touch.
    It's not good to have this time in limbo, I keep looking at all the other cars out there and there are some awesome rides around the 75k mark.

C6, GT500, M3, '14 Cayman

...but then again, none are a 6-speed V wagon. I'm hoping for good news tomorrow!

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

What a wonderful car. I was thinking of keeping it and driving it a few 1000 miles per year, figuring that when I'm 75 (48 now) it could be with some money.
    IMHO, "saving" a car for some perceived increase in value 30 years from now is a fool's errand. For one thing, you may not live long enough to realize those gains (avg life expectancy for men is what, 76?) - and then what would you do with the money at that age anyway, buy a brand-new off the showroom floor electric scooter?

Then factor in the maintenance, repair costs, insurance and storage of a vehicle you rarely drive over 30 years, PLUS inflation and the costs of driving a different vehicle instead of the Wagon, etc etc. And then factor in whatever you think your enjoyment is worth - and the perceived gains of a low mile, low volume wagon going over the auction block during your Estate sale thirty years from now doesn't look like such an awesome choice.

IMHO, drive the piss out of that thing and take lots of pictures along the way.
    Kyle_B and Kyle_B like this.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

There's a good reason to hold onto a car for that long: to give it to your grandkids.

Fossil fuels may not be available by then!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.