Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Ordering a V wagon

52K views 267 replies 38 participants last post by  vincemcoupe 
#1 ·
I looked at wagons before I bought my sedan. I looked at wagons when I drove my sedan. And I decided to order a wagon so I'm selling my sedan. I gave it a full year before deciding but it was time to build it just how I wanted it before it was too late and chances are the used market will never have this combination of options. I know I want to stay in a V because I don't think I've ever enjoyed a car this much.

When I first got my TG V sedan, I was leaning towards the opulent blue but my wife talked me into the thunder grey. I think she was right in the color choice as the TG looks great on the sedan. The OBM seems to fit the wagon more as it makes it a true Sport Wagon.

I'm currently deployed and wanted to time it to arrive when I get back. Good thing I am gone, I'm already wishing for the time to past faster but this makes coming home that much more exciting. My wife has been nothing but supportive. "Your spouse has to support your passions, and you have to support hers - or it's not going to work."

Option list:
OBM
6MT
Sueded wheel and shifter
Recaros and ebony enterior
Satin graphite wheels
Red calipers
Black chrome grille
Luggage rack (for my mountain bikes)

I want to do black chrome on the trim, tint, lowering. Considering options on exhaust. I really like NeuronBob's setup.

Dealer should be putting my order in Monday!

Classified ad for my sedan - let me know if I'm off on the price...
http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/cadillac-cts-vs-for-sale/p10445-2012-thunder-grey-cts-v-sedan-2c-a6-2c-recaros-2c-ebony-2c-sunroof.html

See less See more
#254 ·
I DON"T have threads with my 2010 standard (non V) wagon. As I had to have my car towed recently and I pulled out my tow hook I found out the hard way. I was pissed.

VMoose - the remaining items you have on order are the ones I want to see:
Still on order and to come:
Spare tire
Cargo tray
Cargo Fence
Cargo Partition

#259 ·
My God that Stealth Blue looks good.

#260 ·
Love the stealth blue on the wagon. I thought it looked like a police cruiser on the sedan but this is tits. The cargo fence is sweet and works well in the wagon. I tried it out when i had an SRX loaner. I'm going to order one. How is the retractable divider? Flimsy? Does the retractable belt lock so it actually holds stuff? If it does, it might be better than the bulky metal fence.

#262 ·
The divider... I have mixed feelings about it. If you are trying to pin a small object up to a briefcase or bookbag sized item to the side of the wagon, it is very useful. The divider does not reach across the width of the tracks however. The belt locks at very small increments so you can tighten up on the item nicely. The middle picture shows how much room you have to put something behind the belt. The last picture I posted below shows it fully extended across the width of the wagon.

#263 ·
^^^
Been looking for pics like that for months. THANKS. The cargo fence and the fabric divider I can definitely use.

#265 ·
Do the posts for the fabric divider lock into place, or it merely a friction fit? Can the posts be remade in a longer version so we could install a higher and a longer piece of fabric?

#266 ·
The posts lock into the feet. The feet have the ability to lock down along the track. I'm sure they are the same feet common to the cargo fence, cargo partition, and possibly any other similar accessories. I suppose you could fashion a taller retractable post, but it would certainly have more bulk and possibly lack the finish of the dealer accessory.

I think the cargo fence suffices in providing adjustable cargo management across the width of the track. The cargo partition works when strapping something to the side of the cargo area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.