Ordering a V wagon - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Ordering a V wagon in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; That does suck but at least, as other posts have already noted, at least they told you and didn't try ...
    pat2t2f is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    That does suck but at least, as other posts have already noted, at least they told you and didn't try to pull a fast one.
    Good luck!!

VMoose is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Stealth Blue Metallic CTS-V Wagon

Re: Ordering a V wagon

timg, your PM inbox is full. If interested, I am assuming they will still sell this V wagon, but I won't be buying it. It is the Stealth Blue package V wagon with 6MT, additional options include roof rails and red calipers. No sunroof.

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

That's crazy, VMoose. Sorry to hear it.

I'm guessing if you place a new order they would bump you to the front of the line as a courtesy, getting your car to you that quickly (ie a few weeks).

I can see the advantage to a `13 Stealth Blue, but of course there's something nice about the last year of a body style with a color unique to that year also. Hmm...

Dealer gave me a reply and are researching my actual options at this point. I asked about re-ordering another stealth blue and also about getting bumped to a 2014 since we are so close. I also asked, "WHAT HAPPENED!!?"

Dealer has been very forthright and professional about all of this.

From my sales guy
    They did not share with us what happened. Our desire, my desire, and G.M.ís desire is simply take care of you and do the right thing. You know you can always count on me.
    And the sales manager
    The folks that called didnít know how it happened, I also asked.
    I can tell you that in my 20 years of selling Cadillac that I canít ever remember this happening, so I wouldnít be concerned about ordering another.
    Iíll get answers to you questions ASAP and get back with you.

Kluch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 V

I would keep the stealth blue car. They fix it at the factory where it is built. I don't see a problem. I don't see how this destroys the value of the car. I guarantee there would be no trace of any incident and no paper trail for sure. I would get the limited edition car you wanted.

I think there is something more serious to it all. The dealer said I had to sign a waiver to accept it. Plus it would bug me to no end not knowing what really happened. I paid for a new car, not a damaged and repaired car.

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

When you guys have been ordering, what are your purchase prices in relation to MSRP? I'm wondering if I place an order for a 2014, am I guaranteeing MSRP or will the dealer negotiate?

Gman1023 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Quote Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
    When you guys have been ordering, what are your purchase prices in relation to MSRP? I'm wondering if I place an order for a 2014, am I guaranteeing MSRP or will the dealer negotiate?
    I ordered a 2013 OBM Vagon, the pre tax & tags price I negotiated to was ~$6,500 under MSRP for a moderately optioned car. Of course, YMMV and different months and different dealers are different. Shop around and you should be able to do well.

timg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 M6 Stealth Blue CTS-V Sedan

VMoose, the sunroof is a deal killer. Sorry about the PMs, for some reason the forum only allows me to store 2...

Mine was under invoice, but then they added in advertising fees. All of the local dealers I talked with worked this way. They were very clear about what their cost was (of course without mentioning holdback) and what I would pay and showed me exactly what the GM dealer ordering website showed for pricing after configuring the car. In the end, it was over $4000 under MSRP + current dealer cash, so ~ $6000 under MSRP including destination, advertising, dealer fees, etc. but without tax and title. Even after tax and title, it should still be under MSRP.

Tim

Tim

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Quote Originally Posted by VMoose View Post
    I think there is something more serious to it all. The dealer said I had to sign a waiver to accept it. Plus it would bug me to no end not knowing what really happened. I paid for a new car, not a damaged and repaired car.
    That's what made me recommend ordering a new one. Signing a waiver to accept a brand new car, no matter how fixed it was at the factory, would make me nervous. Make a new order and move on, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
    Dealer will negotiate. I got my ordered wagon in December for a few hundred above invoice, which was still over $5k below MSRP. It wasn't a below-invoice barn burner deal that people like to show off on the Internet, but I feel I got a reasonable deal for a car I had to order in an unusual color (most dealers buy black, white, or red as those are the colors that sell fastest, especially black).

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

My order was $500 below invoice and they would walk away from it for less (special order with trade in). If the car was on the lot, they would go more to move it. Understandably, dealer takes a lot of risk to guarantee a deal 6 weeks out.

I.would ask around and see if someone can hook you up with a friends & family discount, that would ne the best deal.

JKG
    JKG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

sorry to hear the bad news. On my end, rumor is that my stealth blue wagon has arrived at dealer. i hope they dont bash it into a wall. I saw a Toyota salesman do that once when trying to sell my wife a minivan.
    Anyway, I guess now I finally have to sell my really sweet 2010 Jeep SRT8. it will be hard to let it go - it really is a great ride. Anyone interested? I ordered the V wagon on an impulse, because you guys had me convinced they were done making them forever. Now they are going to make more for 2014? oh well.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

They're not going to make more stealth blue. And who knows how long they'll make the 2014s.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

They can't have that many parts left for the 2014 Vs. I don't imagine this will be a long run.

I really like the stealth blue, but I'd be happy with the phantom gray too. No word from the dealer today so I get some more time to sit and chew on my options. There are lots of cool cars out there, and even this one I can't expect to have forever.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.