Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Ordering a V wagon

52K views 267 replies 38 participants last post by  vincemcoupe 
#1 ·
I looked at wagons before I bought my sedan. I looked at wagons when I drove my sedan. And I decided to order a wagon so I'm selling my sedan. I gave it a full year before deciding but it was time to build it just how I wanted it before it was too late and chances are the used market will never have this combination of options. I know I want to stay in a V because I don't think I've ever enjoyed a car this much.

When I first got my TG V sedan, I was leaning towards the opulent blue but my wife talked me into the thunder grey. I think she was right in the color choice as the TG looks great on the sedan. The OBM seems to fit the wagon more as it makes it a true Sport Wagon.

I'm currently deployed and wanted to time it to arrive when I get back. Good thing I am gone, I'm already wishing for the time to past faster but this makes coming home that much more exciting. My wife has been nothing but supportive. "Your spouse has to support your passions, and you have to support hers - or it's not going to work."

Option list:
OBM
6MT
Sueded wheel and shifter
Recaros and ebony enterior
Satin graphite wheels
Red calipers
Black chrome grille
Luggage rack (for my mountain bikes)

I want to do black chrome on the trim, tint, lowering. Considering options on exhaust. I really like NeuronBob's setup.

Dealer should be putting my order in Monday!

Classified ad for my sedan - let me know if I'm off on the price...
http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/cadillac-cts-vs-for-sale/p10445-2012-thunder-grey-cts-v-sedan-2c-a6-2c-recaros-2c-ebony-2c-sunroof.html

See less See more
#169 · (Edited)
I wonder if they will include any discount on the accessories.

Here is what I have so far if I am going off MSRP:
$495 (302.94 online) - 19179359 - Tire Kit
$86.50 (52.94 online) - 20840384 - Tow eye hook
$130 (95.55 online) - 20992615 - Cadillac Logo, Collapsible, 2 Removable Dividers, Black
$180 ($132.30 online) - 22745545 - Cargo Fence
$199 ($167.16 online) - 19257868 - Roadway™ 2 Bike Hitch Rack by Thule® (actually to be used on wife's Audi)
-------
1090.50 (750.89 online)

If going off a discounted price, I could add in these four as well:
$100 (73.50 online) - 19211370 - Cargo Tray, Ebony with Cadillac Script Logo
$155 (113.93 online) - 22743384 - Cargo Partition, Flex Divider and 2 Partition Sliders
$45.00 (33.08 online) - 22851772 - Fire Extinguisher and Bracket, (2.5LB ABC)(2 KGS)
$60.00 (44.10 online) - 19159598 - Premium All Weather, Ebony, rear seats
-------
1015.50 (total of all accessories at discounted online price)

My guess is that I will have to go off MSRP.

#171 ·
VMoose, good to hear things are progressing. I think waiting to see the car in person AND having it independantly inspected is a rock solid plan.

My SB Sedan is officially scheduled for 06/02-06/05. Should be able to share some pics back :)

#172 ·
Saleen09, thanks for checking in. The dates you provided, are they build dates or delivery dates for you?

The wagon is still being fixed, I assume. I have to find someone in the Nashville area who can meet me at the dealer for the inspection when it finally shows up.

I will check in with my sales guy for updates before the week ends.

#174 ·
Chris CTSV Wagon is correct. This is just like real estate. If it isn't in writing it isn't real. Remember, when their lips are moving they're lying.

#176 ·
The only purpose here is to help you. If I could throw in a couple of cents to maybe help insure you against a major hose job then I will contribute those 2 cents. Just tryin' :bonkers:

#181 ·
When will the car be in? If you decide to get it I would luv a look see. That color is my favorite. I grew up in Hopkinsville. We can have a Vagon day. That dealer is pretty straight up.

#183 ·
I would not take a damaged new V, it's such an expensive car you need to think about resale value and you would eithically have to disclose when you sold or traded in the car that it had repaired damage from the factory, at least I would. This is why I'm shocked they are not offering to give you at least 5 grand off the price, not sure how much below msrp you're paying now, but I would want at least that off the originally negotiated price.

#184 ·
The numbers are shaking out ok, and they will probably only get better in June. Hope these numbers help other people considering a purchase.

72,530 msrp
-3,349.84 initial discount at 500 over invoice
-------
-2000 bonus cash incentive
-750 USAA incentive
-------
66,430.16 (Total estimated discount from MSRP: 6,099.84)
Plus 1000 in GM accessories, much of which I'd truly like to have

Lastly, I don't pay taxes in TN on the car purchase, so I'm saving several thousand there as well.

If everything checks out with the body guy, I won't have much hesitation with it.

#189 ·
Heck yeah! Looks beautiful.

Just remember, your number one mission is to come home safe bro!

#190 ·
The gaps on the drivers side look right from what I can see, not sure about the passenger side, can't tell. Probably should take a paint meter around all the body surfaces too. They sure did park the nose of the front end close to the curb, hopefully they did not scrape the undersides of the front spoiler already. Make sure to check under that. Best to have the dealer put the car up on their lift when you check it out when you get there.

#195 ·
that's beautiful!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.