Ordering a V wagon - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Ordering a V wagon in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Yeah. I really think it's dead. I found a brand new 2013 with every option at a dealer and have ...
    spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

Re: Ordering a V wagon

Yeah. I really think it's dead. I found a brand new 2013 with every option at a dealer and have a deposit on it. It's not the best time for me to buy but I can't miss out on this!

Kluch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 V
    Perhaps it is too soon to order a 2014 and too late for a 2013? I still think that 2014 vagons will be available. Time will tell.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Quote Originally Posted by Kluch View Post
    Perhaps it is too soon to order a 2014 and too late for a 2013? I still think that 2014 vagons will be available. Time will tell.
    Agree with this. Has someone successfully placed an order for a 2014 sedan or coupe?

VMoose is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Stealth Blue Metallic CTS-V Wagon

Dealer told me 2014s would not be on lots for months, so I also think ordering is not open for 2014 v2 Wagons yet.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Third-gen CTS's probably won't be on lots for months, but second-gens don't need a lot of debugging. Well, they're not going to get any, at least.

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Quote Originally Posted by Kluch View Post
    Another +1

But... from a business standpoint - it makes you wonder why there's such a gap in ability to order (if they fully intend to produce `14 CTSVs)? Who cares if production is on a break, still take someone's money, right?

Odd. But everything current suggests the 2014 MY will happen.

Still glad I ordered when I did - just in case.

Some bad news about the wagon... Thinking of having them build a new one and take the $1000 in accessories.

A reprehensive from Cadillac called us yesterday and told us the V Sport Wagon you ordered has been damaged. It’s estimated at $2200.00 and includes a fender, door and rocker panel.

They can repair it and send it on to us, but you will have to sign a waiver accepting the unit. (State law)

We can re order but will be a few more weeks before the unit would get here. At this point we have two options, do you want the unit that can be repaired at the factory (I’m told repair time will be approximately 10 days) or do you want us to ask them for another to be built?

By the way our Cadillac district rep is aware of the situation and asked us to apologies on behalf of Cadillac. And as a good will gesture he also wanted to offer you an option of $1000.00 in GM accessories (or) 3 years of On Star at no charge with either decision you make.

Again we appreciate your business and apologies for any inconvenience.

Please let me know ASAP what you want to do.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! What a nightmare.

If it were me, I'd order new, and take the $1000 in accessories. The good is that at least they told you BEFORE they delivered it to you, or to the dealership. Good service on the dealer's, and Cadillac's part, I'd say.

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

Definitely reorder. They essentially want you to pay your negotiated price, get a few freebies, and then sign off on the diminished value. Forget that!

A rep at GM NA confirmed the v wagon will be available in 2014 with orders starting this summer.

I can hardly believe it. My V sedan is sold and I come home in just over three weeks now. The wife and I will be sharing a car for a bit.

I'm seriously weighing all my options and have a few questions that need to be answered.

Does this affect the Stealth Blue Metallic package availability as it was a limited order option?

Do I tell the dealer to hold off and consider the new phantom grey paint for 2014, if they are in fact building 2014 V2s?

Do I call it off?

I just want to make the right decision, and I can't ignore the timing of it all. I do think the dealer has been top notch through everything.

timg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 M6 Stealth Blue CTS-V Sedan

I tried to order a SB Vagon a couple of weeks ago without any luck. Unless they are able to order outside of the normal ordering process, you may not be able to order another... If you can order another through normal processes, please let me know so I can have a friendly chat with my dealer.

If it's being repaired at the factory, I would probably accept it so long as everything was replaced with new parts, passed all inspections, and showed no visible signs of damage. I wonder how that's treated in a car's history when the damage occurs before it even leaves the factory?

Tim

I'm not going to accept this one, so if someone wants the repaired V wagon, someone should let me know ASAP so I can arrange it.

Me Wanna A V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

If GM is stating they can repair, which will require painting the new body parts, I would "assume" that they (GM) would still have the means to complete a "new build" using Stealth Blue.

I'm sure they want to make it right.

Have those bastards make you a new one as you ordered!!!!!!!!

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

Well at least they where honest about it being damaged. Thats unusual in this day and age. What I don't get is they say they can make a new one and get it to the dealer in just a few weeks, I'd go with that option if I were you. Hopefully same as the one you ordered, ask them about that.

I am confirming the Stealth Blue Package would still be available for order. I am also considering deferring to 2014 MY for the phantom gray metallic, especially if ordering opens up in a few weeks. I will let you know what I hear back!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.