Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Ordering a V wagon

52K views 267 replies 38 participants last post by  vincemcoupe 
#1 ·
I looked at wagons before I bought my sedan. I looked at wagons when I drove my sedan. And I decided to order a wagon so I'm selling my sedan. I gave it a full year before deciding but it was time to build it just how I wanted it before it was too late and chances are the used market will never have this combination of options. I know I want to stay in a V because I don't think I've ever enjoyed a car this much.

When I first got my TG V sedan, I was leaning towards the opulent blue but my wife talked me into the thunder grey. I think she was right in the color choice as the TG looks great on the sedan. The OBM seems to fit the wagon more as it makes it a true Sport Wagon.

I'm currently deployed and wanted to time it to arrive when I get back. Good thing I am gone, I'm already wishing for the time to past faster but this makes coming home that much more exciting. My wife has been nothing but supportive. "Your spouse has to support your passions, and you have to support hers - or it's not going to work."

Option list:
OBM
6MT
Sueded wheel and shifter
Recaros and ebony enterior
Satin graphite wheels
Red calipers
Black chrome grille
Luggage rack (for my mountain bikes)

I want to do black chrome on the trim, tint, lowering. Considering options on exhaust. I really like NeuronBob's setup.

Dealer should be putting my order in Monday!

Classified ad for my sedan - let me know if I'm off on the price...
http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/cadillac-cts-vs-for-sale/p10445-2012-thunder-grey-cts-v-sedan-2c-a6-2c-recaros-2c-ebony-2c-sunroof.html

See less See more
#139 ·
If you can find the total number of CTSV's built per year, approximately 15% are wagons, and approximately 15-17% are manuals (both figures are of total production). I think I recall there being - on average - around 4,000 CTSV's built annually since 2009. Wagons were offered in 2010 through 2014 (5 model years) and I'd guess `14 will be a short/low volume run to offset peak years, so...

some gross approximating tells me around 1500 manual wagons will probably be produced in the US/North America... give or take a hundred.

Crap, I better go saran-wrap mine to protect it for the future! :D

#140 ·
VMoose, that SUCKS! Just caught up on your cars status.

My SB Sedan is being built 05/17 with a transport date of 05/24. Not sure how 3 days ordering difference made for over a months' production difference. Was HOPING I would see SB in person before mine got here.

Any update today on what the dealer came back with?

#142 ·
Alright, some news. I am leaning towards the fixed, stealth blue V wagon. 1 of 49! Thoughts everyone after 10 pages in this thread?

You can get the 2014 CTS V Wagon in the color you want with the yellow calipers. They will not start building it until Sept 27 and it will take approx 8 weeks to get here.
She did however want to remind me that there are only 49 2013 units made in the limited color and you still have until repairs are made if you change your mind, (just a few more days). Just lets us know what you want to do. Sorry for the delay, they only have one person handling this.

#144 ·
Buying it for me, to keep. I'd be happy with both colors, but probably happier with a color where I won't see another one like it sitting at a stoplight across from me. I'm sure both colors are or will be equally great. Plus, not waiting until November is a big plus...

#149 ·
A little more info from the dealer below, but it didn't make the choice any easier. No further discount. Still leaning towards the stealth blue because I think it will look really sharp with the red calipers. Plus I wouldn't mind having a car to drive when I get home.

I'll try to get a copy for you, as far as the discount they won't take anything off. As far as the value of the car I can't see it being effected there will not be a car fax or auto check noting the incident. The waiver is a law, but GM as a manufacture has to be able to repair anything they build. I'll call when I get to work.

#152 ·
Seems to me they should be perfectly willing to fax that over to you now. Keep in mind this is a car dealer and they may not be sophisticated enough to scan it and email it to you, and heaven forbid they be asked to read it and digest and convey its meaning.

#154 ·
That's really unfortunate. I think you need to ask point blank, "what does the waiver say"? If they can't tell you or won't tell you, then walk. It should not be that complicated for them to tell you.

We really need a Cadillac Rep to at least TRY to help you out here. Try PM-ing them on the forum.

#155 ·
I'd keep your eyes open for one on a site like autotrader or cars.com and when you find what you want at whatever dealer just try and make your best deal and go out to pick it up or have them deliver it moose. If you play your cards right you can have the Vagen of your dreams pretty quick.

#158 ·
OK I stand corrected, Random84. :)

Thanks for the update, VMoose. I'll let up. It sounds like they are making a good-faith effort to resolve the issue.

#160 ·
OK I stand corrected, Random84. :)
To be fair - I'm just posting my experience. I'm sure others have had positive experiences and I would like to think the Cadillac Reps would have some pull... but color me a cynic.

With that said, I'd still ask; but I'd ask for a GM/Cadillac Corporate phone number and call them myself. The worse that happens is someone says "no." :D

#159 ·
Like I said, find a good car on a lot anywhere in the USA that you want, if you can't work a good enough deal walk. The dealer your dealing with sounds pretty much useless like most of them. Ordering is just not worth it, I'll never order another car. Even if it's not exactly what you want, like good ole Mick says, "you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need" lol.

#163 ·
After a phone conversation, they said I could accept the wagon and if at delivery, I'm not completely happy with it (paint, body, or I find it unappealing) I can walk away. They also said they do not like keeping deposits so they would make some noise with GM if I turned the car down because of its condition. Then of course they would refund the deposit.

I feel like I don't have too much to lose at this point. Waiver actually turned out to be more of a disclosure notice, saying that I acknowledge that the car was damaged and repaired at the factory and that I am willing to accept it. As far as discounts, I will use the $1000 in GM accessories and buy a spare tire kit and other goodies like cargo management. Also a fellow forum member and friend hooked up a supplier discount, so I will be able to compare that price to what I negotiated to see where the better deal is.

#164 ·
Geezus though, I'd try and get more than the grand off the car though, after all it was damaged, maybe like 5 grand off or so, so an additional 4 grand from the 1 grand they are offering you, otherwise I'd walk. If you do end up doing it though I'd bring a good body shop guy with you when you go look at the car, there are things those guys can pick out that us mortals cannot since they look at cars all the time. That's what happened with my last CTS-V I got damaged. I thought it was just the hood a little bit out of alignment when in reality it was the fender and to move that to line up with the hood was no simple task, it got a lot more involved than what I thought, when I realized the implications of this I asked for a new car. I did not want to get burned on the car when I went to trade it in a few years later by the person inspecting the car realizing it was in a accident, you need to think about all this. It may be worth less at the trade in, probably will be.

#165 ·
The dealer doesn't have anything to fear until they actually accept the car for their inventory so my bargaining chips are only with the factory. If I take the GM accessories deal from the district rep, when the car shows up I can negotiate more aggressively. You have good advice in bringing a body guy.

#166 ·
OK, VMoose. Now that all the info is out there....I'd just do it and have it inspected by someone of your choice prior to delivery, since you can at least get your deposit back and walk if necessary. Since the repair was done at the factory, though.....I'm pretty sure it will be picture perfect or close to it and we'll see a new wagon member here in the next few weeks. (Being optimistic here :) )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.