Ordering a V wagon - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Ordering a V wagon in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Sounds like your car is moving along quickly already. With my order that I cancelled it was months before it ...
    1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

Re: Ordering a V wagon

Sounds like your car is moving along quickly already. With my order that I cancelled it was months before it was even accepted by production control.

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Quote Originally Posted by VMoose View Post
    I wasn't serious about actually bringing the V over here.

01APR: Order placed
    04APR: Accepted by production control

Next step: scheduled build date
    I placed my order the last week of March, and my dealer says it's "In the system" - which I presume is synonymous with being accepted for production... but I also do not have a build date yet.

Hopefully with the onslaught of Wagon orders, they'll crank these things out.

By the way, I am digging the Stealth Blue paint, but are you getting the blue leather interior also or is it going to be ebony in the wagon?

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Alas, the twilight blue interior is not available on the wagon. This omission helped me avoid a last-minute switch.

Saleen09 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Stealth Blue CTS-V Sedan

Thanks VMoose for the info / I am a couple of says behind him ordering my Stealth Blue sedan with yellow calipers - been waiting since mid February since it was announced.

VMoose and I should have incredibly rare cars since the color was released the same day as Cadillac held all new V orders to "SOLD" only - no dealer stock.

We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by VMoose View Post
    I wasn't serious about actually bringing the V over here.

01APR: Order placed
    04APR: Accepted by production control

Next step: scheduled build date

VMoose is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Stealth Blue Metallic CTS-V Wagon

Update this week from the dealer:

Production control still has the order. Production date is the next step[... ....]As far as I know the Stealth Blue special paint is going to be a Cadillac exclusive. I will see if I can find out of if they are the same or different.

I must have posted this in a different thread, but my build date (Opulent Blue) is the week of 5/13. I think another guy who ordered a Vagon has the same target production week.

My dealer says he expects to get a TPW next week. He better hope so...

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    My dealer says he expects to get a TPW next week. He better hope so...
    Wouldn't it suck if there was a problem - like sourcing the paint or something - and they cancelled your order?

muhahaha!

Mongopush is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS V
    Quote Originally Posted by Random84
    I must have posted this in a different thread, but my build date (Opulent Blue) is the week of 5/13. I think another guy who ordered a Vagon has the same target production week.
    Man I'm excited to see this setup, I couldn't imagine how you must feel. It would be a lot of tossing and turning at night till I got it. That combo will be a instant collectors car,IMO .

Quote Originally Posted by Random84 View Post
    I placed my order the last week of March, and my dealer says it's "In the system" - which I presume is synonymous with being accepted for production... but I also do not have a build date yet.

Hopefully with the onslaught of Wagon orders, they'll crank these things out.

By the way, I am digging the Stealth Blue paint, but are you getting the blue leather interior also or is it going to be ebony in the wagon?
    Jinx provided the answer on the interior. It is ebony for my wagon. I am ok with that because the blue interior would have been a bit much and to me it looks dated. The ebony interior on my sedan has been great and I appreciate how new it looks even a year later.

The recent news of the phantom gray metallic for 2014 is making me wonder about that color availability and when, but on the other hand, stealth blue is going to be rare. There will be no way to know for sure what SBM will look like on a wagon. Mine may be one of the first to show up on the internet.

I think the Stealth Blue will look good, if it's anything close to the Corvette Supersonic Blue in person.

I would have been tempted with the Stealth package had I known it was an ebony interior with the wagon, but as you noted the blue interior is just.... hmmm. Didn't want to risk the $6K premium for it; but I believe you'll be very happy with the exterior color.

I did not see Stealth blue deleted in the other thread, so they will probably continue it through the 2014 MY.

Any update on your build dates?

The Twilight Blue interior was an option on the coupe and the sedan, available but not required with the Stealth Blue exterior. It looks like they're carrying the Twilight Blue interior as a free-flow option on all Coupes in MY2014, but it's not listed for the sedan or wagon. I bet Stealth Blue isn't available at all.

My dealer has said that the order will not get bumped to a 2014. No build date yet. I think it must have something to do with the stealth blue.

From the dealer:
    The Stealth Blue car is not just a color it is a special edition. It will be a limited edition production run. This means only a certain number of the cars will be produced like that. I think you probably will have the only one in the country like it.

jsherid1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade, 77 CDV, 13 CTS-V Wagon, 06 911, 87 928S4

Thanks for your service to our country and welcome to the Manual Transmission V-Wagon club!

Thanks, looking forward to the 6MT. The V sedan was the first auto I've ever bought thinking that it'd be a good choice for daily driving, but I miss the fun of rowing the gears. I won't make that mistake again.
    neuronbob and neuronbob like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.