Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Ordering a V wagon

52K views 267 replies 38 participants last post by  vincemcoupe 
#1 ·
I looked at wagons before I bought my sedan. I looked at wagons when I drove my sedan. And I decided to order a wagon so I'm selling my sedan. I gave it a full year before deciding but it was time to build it just how I wanted it before it was too late and chances are the used market will never have this combination of options. I know I want to stay in a V because I don't think I've ever enjoyed a car this much.

When I first got my TG V sedan, I was leaning towards the opulent blue but my wife talked me into the thunder grey. I think she was right in the color choice as the TG looks great on the sedan. The OBM seems to fit the wagon more as it makes it a true Sport Wagon.

I'm currently deployed and wanted to time it to arrive when I get back. Good thing I am gone, I'm already wishing for the time to past faster but this makes coming home that much more exciting. My wife has been nothing but supportive. "Your spouse has to support your passions, and you have to support hers - or it's not going to work."

Option list:
OBM
6MT
Sueded wheel and shifter
Recaros and ebony enterior
Satin graphite wheels
Red calipers
Black chrome grille
Luggage rack (for my mountain bikes)

I want to do black chrome on the trim, tint, lowering. Considering options on exhaust. I really like NeuronBob's setup.

Dealer should be putting my order in Monday!

Classified ad for my sedan - let me know if I'm off on the price...
http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/cadillac-cts-vs-for-sale/p10445-2012-thunder-grey-cts-v-sedan-2c-a6-2c-recaros-2c-ebony-2c-sunroof.html

See less See more
#73 ·
That article is OLD. There has been relatively recent confirmation that v wagons coupes and sedans in second generation styling will be available for the 2014 model year at least in limited quantities. Unfortunately, the dealership is never as informed as they should be. And they want to sell you the inventory they have, not necessarily the car u want.

#74 ·
Hmmm. I called multiple dealers and they all said they couldn't place orders. Then a person at GM N.A. said no more V-wagon in 2014 and ordering is closed. Has someone placed an order in the last few days? I'd agree that they could be steering to available inventory but there really isn't any available inventory since I want a manual V wagon. So it's not in their interest to mislead me. For the first time in my life, I had a dealer say "Sorry, I can't get you one" and the conversation was just plain over.

#75 ·
No 2014 CTS-V Wagon ordering guide at the link below. The 2014 CTS-V Sedan, CTS-V Coupe and Chevy SS are all here though.

http://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/vehiclesel.jsp?year=2014&regionID=1&divisionID=5

Tim

----------

I tried to place an order for a V wagon without success a couple of weeks ago. I talked with a few dealers. All of them thought they could order one until I asked them to and gave them a deposit and then they couldn't. I'm still disappointed that I couldn't get a new V-wagon. I like the sedan, but I like the wagon a lot more.

Tim

#78 ·
Agree with this. Has someone successfully placed an order for a 2014 sedan or coupe?

#82 ·
Some bad news about the wagon... Thinking of having them build a new one and take the $1000 in accessories.

A reprehensive from Cadillac called us yesterday and told us the V Sport Wagon you ordered has been damaged. It’s estimated at $2200.00 and includes a fender, door and rocker panel.

They can repair it and send it on to us, but you will have to sign a waiver accepting the unit. (State law)

We can re order but will be a few more weeks before the unit would get here. At this point we have two options, do you want the unit that can be repaired at the factory (I’m told repair time will be approximately 10 days) or do you want us to ask them for another to be built?

By the way our Cadillac district rep is aware of the situation and asked us to apologies on behalf of Cadillac. And as a good will gesture he also wanted to offer you an option of $1000.00 in GM accessories (or) 3 years of On Star at no charge with either decision you make.

Again we appreciate your business and apologies for any inconvenience.

Please let me know ASAP what you want to do.

#83 ·
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! What a nightmare.

If it were me, I'd order new, and take the $1000 in accessories. The good is that at least they told you BEFORE they delivered it to you, or to the dealership. Good service on the dealer's, and Cadillac's part, I'd say.

#85 ·
I can hardly believe it. My V sedan is sold and I come home in just over three weeks now. The wife and I will be sharing a car for a bit.

I'm seriously weighing all my options and have a few questions that need to be answered.

Does this affect the Stealth Blue Metallic package availability as it was a limited order option?

Do I tell the dealer to hold off and consider the new phantom grey paint for 2014, if they are in fact building 2014 V2s?

Do I call it off?

I just want to make the right decision, and I can't ignore the timing of it all. I do think the dealer has been top notch through everything.

#86 ·
I tried to order a SB Vagon a couple of weeks ago without any luck. Unless they are able to order outside of the normal ordering process, you may not be able to order another... If you can order another through normal processes, please let me know so I can have a friendly chat with my dealer. :)

If it's being repaired at the factory, I would probably accept it so long as everything was replaced with new parts, passed all inspections, and showed no visible signs of damage. I wonder how that's treated in a car's history when the damage occurs before it even leaves the factory?

Tim

#88 ·
If GM is stating they can repair, which will require painting the new body parts, I would "assume" that they (GM) would still have the means to complete a "new build" using Stealth Blue.

I'm sure they want to make it right.

Have those bastards make you a new one as you ordered!!!!!!!!

#89 ·
Well at least they where honest about it being damaged. Thats unusual in this day and age. What I don't get is they say they can make a new one and get it to the dealer in just a few weeks, I'd go with that option if I were you. Hopefully same as the one you ordered, ask them about that.

#90 ·
I am confirming the Stealth Blue Package would still be available for order. I am also considering deferring to 2014 MY for the phantom gray metallic, especially if ordering opens up in a few weeks. I will let you know what I hear back!

#92 ·
timg, your PM inbox is full. If interested, I am assuming they will still sell this V wagon, but I won't be buying it. It is the Stealth Blue package V wagon with 6MT, additional options include roof rails and red calipers. No sunroof.

#93 ·
That's crazy, VMoose. Sorry to hear it.

I'm guessing if you place a new order they would bump you to the front of the line as a courtesy, getting your car to you that quickly (ie a few weeks).

I can see the advantage to a `13 Stealth Blue, but of course there's something nice about the last year of a body style with a color unique to that year also. Hmm...

#94 ·
Dealer gave me a reply and are researching my actual options at this point. I asked about re-ordering another stealth blue and also about getting bumped to a 2014 since we are so close. I also asked, "WHAT HAPPENED!!?"

Dealer has been very forthright and professional about all of this.

From my sales guy
They did not share with us what happened. Our desire, my desire, and G.M.’s desire is simply take care of you and do the right thing. You know you can always count on me.
And the sales manager
The folks that called didn’t know how it happened, I also asked.
I can tell you that in my 20 years of selling Cadillac that I can’t ever remember this happening, so I wouldn’t be concerned about ordering another.
I’ll get answers to you questions ASAP and get back with you.

#95 ·
I would keep the stealth blue car. They fix it at the factory where it is built. I don't see a problem. I don't see how this destroys the value of the car. I guarantee there would be no trace of any incident and no paper trail for sure. I would get the limited edition car you wanted.

#100 ·
That's what made me recommend ordering a new one. Signing a waiver to accept a brand new car, no matter how fixed it was at the factory, would make me nervous. Make a new order and move on, bro.

When you guys have been ordering, what are your purchase prices in relation to MSRP? I'm wondering if I place an order for a 2014, am I guaranteeing MSRP or will the dealer negotiate?
Dealer will negotiate. I got my ordered wagon in December for a few hundred above invoice, which was still over $5k below MSRP. It wasn't a below-invoice barn burner deal that people like to show off on the Internet, but I feel I got a reasonable deal for a car I had to order in an unusual color (most dealers buy black, white, or red as those are the colors that sell fastest, especially black).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.