Ordering a V wagon - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Ordering a V wagon in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Wow, GM must be busy at that Lansing plant pumping out V's with last minute orders, theres been a lot ...
    1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

Re: Ordering a V wagon

Wow, GM must be busy at that Lansing plant pumping out V's with last minute orders, theres been a lot of guys on here recently who are ordering or have recently got their new V's, the rush is on as I believe April 14'th or 15th is the cutoff date for orders. Good luck with your order, just make sure the dealer has proper allocation, I think that was why my order got so delayed was because the dealer I ordered through must have not had the allocation and they put them to the end of the production list when this happens. If everything is all set on the dealers end, you should have the car within a couple of months generally.

VMoose is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Stealth Blue Metallic CTS-V Wagon

1997BlackETC, I am not in a huge rush as I have two full months before I even get home, but I think my dealer does a fair amount of business and has the proper allocation. I am waiting to hear back from them to see about changing from OBM to SBM so I will report back and let you all know.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Why do I feel like I'm going to be kicking myself in a couple of months?

Limited run colors are tempting. Perhaps that's why?

----------

Quote Originally Posted by 1997BlackETC View Post
    Ya know Moose, good thinking. I'm actually thinking with the red calipers the stealth blue does look better and maybe something your not as likely to tire of as the years go by. Like was said, theres lots or rice burners these days in a blue very similiar to the opulent blue, especially suburu and toyota. I think your color combo choice will be even more unique plus it's a limited edition so your car will be very rare with more than likely less then 20 Vagons if that in that combo.

You have similiar tastes in colors as I do. I actually had a thunder gray 2012 sedan too and ordered a opulent blue wagon with red calipers. The order was taking so long I ended up cancelling and getting a black diamond wagon off a lot in PA. For me this might be the best color anyhow because I'm pushing 55 and feel it just looks a little more sophisticated especially with the beige/gold colored pinstripe I put on it to sorta match the yellow calipers. I'm super happy with my color combo. I see according to your zip you must be from Fla, me too, winters, maybe next fall we should have some sort of meet at Bradenton Dragway, that would be fun. I'm more than likely taking my car to the meet at Darlington which is April 20th (it was cancelled march and re-scheduled) which is for all LS powered GM cars, theres a lot of GTO's and G8GT's, GXPS's there that's how I started going to this meet when I had my Pontiac G8GT.
    I think the red calipers or possibly the silver standard calipers are the only colors that would look right with SBM. This is based off my extensive research (read: hours of googling images). I am just bit north of you in TN, so I'm unsure of what website trickery is indicating my zip code is FL. My best friend from growing up lives in Naples, so I might be passing through this summer to visit him. Perhaps we need to have a V meetup. A V-eetup?

Some fun in MS paint.

The order is in!

From the dealer:
    Cadillac has confirmed that we can build the CTSV wagon, 6 spd. in the Stealth Blue package. These are limited edition short order time vehicles. The Stealth Blue comes as a complete package.
    I'll admit. I'm quite excited!

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Great news! Congrats and I'm excited for you!

Make sure you report in, in six weeks with the result. That is going to be a rare color for sure.

It'd be really cool if the dealer drove it/flatbedded it up to the airport to deliver it to you in person as soon as you get off the plane from your deployment.....

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Awesome - I am mildly disappointed I didn't see real photos of the stealth blue prior to ordering. I - like so many others - kind of assumed it was a matte finish like the silver and was turned off by that. If I knew it was a standard gloss paint like the Supersonic blue... I might have jumped on it also.

Looking forward to the photos!

Thanks, but why stop at flatbedding it? Let's get it on a C17 and fly it to meet me here. Some variation on Porsche's European Delivery, but maybe more like Middle East Delivery. :-)

I will definitely share updates and photos.
    neuronbob and neuronbob like this.

Va72mlibu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I sincerely doubt you'd want to drive your V on the "streets" of Crapghanistan. Now if they'd let you run it up and down the runway at KAF, that'd be another story.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

A CTS-V driving down the ramp of a C17 would be very dramatic.

I already completed a year in Afghanistan, and I certainly would not want the car there nor in Iraq. But I'm not in either of those countries this time. The V would be fun here, but best to leave it at home.

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

Oh ya, you def would not want it there, not only the native folks but other service people would be hugely Jealous and poss vandalize the car. Even when I use to own my business and drive one of my fancy cars to work the workers would get pissed off, like "why am I not driving one of those cars" I found it best to drive a clunker back and forth to my gas stations everyday, it kept people from talking.

Va72mlibu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by VMoose
    I already completed a year in Afghanistan, and I certainly would not want the car there nor in Iraq. But I'm not in either of those countries this time. The V would be fun here, but best to leave it at home.
    My bad. I just assumed you were in the 'Stan. My last few deployments have been to South America. I definitely wouldn't want to drive it there either. Was hoping to get Germany for my next assignment, but no dice. I would have loved to lap the Nurburgring in my Vagon.
    VMoose and VMoose like this.

sierrabenz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V wagon 6mt

Actually, I was in Ushuaia, Argentina (southernmost city in the world) three weeks ago and saw a new ZR1 vet on the street. Don't know how it got there given that via road there is about a thousand miles of dirt/gravel between Ushuaia and the nearest paved road on the mainland. Definitely keep the V in the U.S.!

I wasn't serious about actually bringing the V over here.

01APR: Order placed
    04APR: Accepted by production control

Next step: scheduled build date

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.