Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Ordering a V wagon

52K views 267 replies 38 participants last post by  vincemcoupe 
#1 ·
I looked at wagons before I bought my sedan. I looked at wagons when I drove my sedan. And I decided to order a wagon so I'm selling my sedan. I gave it a full year before deciding but it was time to build it just how I wanted it before it was too late and chances are the used market will never have this combination of options. I know I want to stay in a V because I don't think I've ever enjoyed a car this much.

When I first got my TG V sedan, I was leaning towards the opulent blue but my wife talked me into the thunder grey. I think she was right in the color choice as the TG looks great on the sedan. The OBM seems to fit the wagon more as it makes it a true Sport Wagon.

I'm currently deployed and wanted to time it to arrive when I get back. Good thing I am gone, I'm already wishing for the time to past faster but this makes coming home that much more exciting. My wife has been nothing but supportive. "Your spouse has to support your passions, and you have to support hers - or it's not going to work."

Option list:
OBM
6MT
Sueded wheel and shifter
Recaros and ebony enterior
Satin graphite wheels
Red calipers
Black chrome grille
Luggage rack (for my mountain bikes)

I want to do black chrome on the trim, tint, lowering. Considering options on exhaust. I really like NeuronBob's setup.

Dealer should be putting my order in Monday!

Classified ad for my sedan - let me know if I'm off on the price...
http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/cadillac-cts-vs-for-sale/p10445-2012-thunder-grey-cts-v-sedan-2c-a6-2c-recaros-2c-ebony-2c-sunroof.html

See less See more
#39 ·
Random84 said:
I must have posted this in a different thread, but my build date (Opulent Blue) is the week of 5/13. I think another guy who ordered a Vagon has the same target production week.
Man I'm excited to see this setup, I couldn't imagine how you must feel. It would be a lot of tossing and turning at night till I got it. That combo will be a instant collectors car,IMO .

#41 ·
I think the Stealth Blue will look good, if it's anything close to the Corvette Supersonic Blue in person.

I would have been tempted with the Stealth package had I known it was an ebony interior with the wagon, but as you noted the blue interior is just.... hmmm. Didn't want to risk the $6K premium for it; but I believe you'll be very happy with the exterior color.

I did not see Stealth blue deleted in the other thread, so they will probably continue it through the 2014 MY.

Any update on your build dates?

#42 ·
The Twilight Blue interior was an option on the coupe and the sedan, available but not required with the Stealth Blue exterior. It looks like they're carrying the Twilight Blue interior as a free-flow option on all Coupes in MY2014, but it's not listed for the sedan or wagon. I bet Stealth Blue isn't available at all.

#43 ·
My dealer has said that the order will not get bumped to a 2014. No build date yet. I think it must have something to do with the stealth blue.

From the dealer:
The Stealth Blue car is not just a color it is a special edition. It will be a limited edition production run. This means only a certain number of the cars will be produced like that. I think you probably will have the only one in the country like it.

#49 ·
I believe the V2 Coupes and Wagons will be orderable and available on lots as they have a few new standard colors for 2014.

The stealth blue is/was an order only color. Dealers cannot order them for their inventory. I am not sure how long they are/were taking orders for stealth blue. Plenty of pictures, I promise.

#52 ·
I don't want it to show up too early! It will sit at the dealer until I get back in six weeks. Maybe they can keep it somewhere tucked away indoors while I'm gone (not showroom floor). I'm exploring options for tinting it and the dealer has already quoted $245. I also want to clearbra it, so that could potentially be coordinated through the dealer if they don't offer the service themselves.

I will ask them to take pictures of when it arrives, and there will be plenty of pictures in natural light once I see it in person.
I also have to make a decision on whether to tell the dealer to skip pre-delivery inspection. Any recommendations in regards to that?

#54 ·
Tell them they can put it on the showroom floor -- as long as there's a velvet rope around it and no one can actually touch it.

Have them set up a webcam and we'll all watch it for you. :)

But seriously... don't you open yourself up to warranty claim hassles if you decline pre-delivery inspection? It might make more sense to provide a specific list of "don'ts" so they can inspect but not mess anything up too much. Like "don't install the front plate mount." It'd be tempting to say "don't polish the car" but then you could be screwed if there are issues with the paint (that would have been deemed fixed if you'd let them do their job). I've got more time than you do to think about this, but I look forward to others' advice here.

#55 ·
There is no front license plate required in TN. THANK YOU Tennessee.

I trust this dealer pretty well. They all seem to take their job seriously, and they must as they are located in a wealthy suburb of Nashville. My salesman is top notch. I think I'll allow the PDI but give it a very thorough going over when I see it for the first time. After owning a V, it will make it easier to walk around the car and know what things should more or less look like.

#60 ·
7-10 days typically unless there's a burp in the system (positive or negative).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.