Ordering a V wagon - Page 11
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Ordering a V wagon in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Haha, exactly.... Trying to get that in writing ahead of time....
    VMoose is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Stealth Blue Metallic CTS-V Wagon

Re: Ordering a V wagon

Haha, exactly.... Trying to get that in writing ahead of time.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Seems to me they should be perfectly willing to fax that over to you now. Keep in mind this is a car dealer and they may not be sophisticated enough to scan it and email it to you, and heaven forbid they be asked to read it and digest and convey its meaning.

It's been painful eeking bits of information out of them.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Quote Originally Posted by VMoose View Post
    It's been painful eeking bits of information out of them.
    That's really unfortunate. I think you need to ask point blank, "what does the waiver say"? If they can't tell you or won't tell you, then walk. It should not be that complicated for them to tell you.

We really need a Cadillac Rep to at least TRY to help you out here. Try PM-ing them on the forum.

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

I'd keep your eyes open for one on a site like autotrader or cars.com and when you find what you want at whatever dealer just try and make your best deal and go out to pick it up or have them deliver it moose. If you play your cards right you can have the Vagen of your dreams pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post
    That's really unfortunate. I think you need to ask point blank, "what does the waiver say"? If they can't tell you or won't tell you, then walk. It should not be that complicated for them to tell you.

We really need a Cadillac Rep to at least TRY to help you out here. Try PM-ing them on the forum.
    My exact words to them: "What exactly am I waiving if I accept the damaged and repaired V wagon and can you forward me a copy of the waiver to review? I need to understand what the waiver means for me as the buyer."

They said they will have that answer today.

I can understand this might be new for them... how many special ordered cars get damaged badly enough to require notice to the buyer?
    tinman, tinman, neuronbob and 1 others like this.

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

My experience is that the Reps are pretty much all show - trade a few pleasant emails, "I'll get right back to you" and then... nada.

Your mileage may vary, but I sent a pretty simple request via email three separate times to the same person, and she just stopped replying after the 2nd email exchange. She was nice though.
    neuronbob and neuronbob like this.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

OK I stand corrected, Random84.

Thanks for the update, VMoose. I'll let up. It sounds like they are making a good-faith effort to resolve the issue.

Like I said, find a good car on a lot anywhere in the USA that you want, if you can't work a good enough deal walk. The dealer your dealing with sounds pretty much useless like most of them. Ordering is just not worth it, I'll never order another car. Even if it's not exactly what you want, like good ole Mick says, "you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need" lol.

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

OK I stand corrected, Random84.
    To be fair - I'm just posting my experience. I'm sure others have had positive experiences and I would like to think the Cadillac Reps would have some pull... but color me a cynic.

With that said, I'd still ask; but I'd ask for a GM/Cadillac Corporate phone number and call them myself. The worse that happens is someone says "no."

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 1997BlackETC View Post
    Like I said, find a good car on a lot anywhere in the USA that you want, if you can't work a good enough deal walk. The dealer your dealing with sounds pretty much useless like most of them. Ordering is just not worth it, I'll never order another car. Even if it's not exactly what you want, like good ole Mick says, "you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need" lol.
    Your dealer didn't have allocation. That was your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Your dealer didn't have allocation. That was your problem.
    Although I could never get to the bottom of why it had been nearly 3 months and the car had not even hit the assembly line, I'd say your probably right, it's a good thing I did what I did and found one on a lot in PA even though it was not the exact color I wanted.

After a phone conversation, they said I could accept the wagon and if at delivery, I'm not completely happy with it (paint, body, or I find it unappealing) I can walk away. They also said they do not like keeping deposits so they would make some noise with GM if I turned the car down because of its condition. Then of course they would refund the deposit.

I feel like I don't have too much to lose at this point. Waiver actually turned out to be more of a disclosure notice, saying that I acknowledge that the car was damaged and repaired at the factory and that I am willing to accept it. As far as discounts, I will use the $1000 in GM accessories and buy a spare tire kit and other goodies like cargo management. Also a fellow forum member and friend hooked up a supplier discount, so I will be able to compare that price to what I negotiated to see where the better deal is.

Geezus though, I'd try and get more than the grand off the car though, after all it was damaged, maybe like 5 grand off or so, so an additional 4 grand from the 1 grand they are offering you, otherwise I'd walk. If you do end up doing it though I'd bring a good body shop guy with you when you go look at the car, there are things those guys can pick out that us mortals cannot since they look at cars all the time. That's what happened with my last CTS-V I got damaged. I thought it was just the hood a little bit out of alignment when in reality it was the fender and to move that to line up with the hood was no simple task, it got a lot more involved than what I thought, when I realized the implications of this I asked for a new car. I did not want to get burned on the car when I went to trade it in a few years later by the person inspecting the car realizing it was in a accident, you need to think about all this. It may be worth less at the trade in, probably will be.

The dealer doesn't have anything to fear until they actually accept the car for their inventory so my bargaining chips are only with the factory. If I take the GM accessories deal from the district rep, when the car shows up I can negotiate more aggressively. You have good advice in bringing a body guy.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.