Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Ordering a V wagon

52K views 267 replies 38 participants last post by  vincemcoupe 
#1 ·
I looked at wagons before I bought my sedan. I looked at wagons when I drove my sedan. And I decided to order a wagon so I'm selling my sedan. I gave it a full year before deciding but it was time to build it just how I wanted it before it was too late and chances are the used market will never have this combination of options. I know I want to stay in a V because I don't think I've ever enjoyed a car this much.

When I first got my TG V sedan, I was leaning towards the opulent blue but my wife talked me into the thunder grey. I think she was right in the color choice as the TG looks great on the sedan. The OBM seems to fit the wagon more as it makes it a true Sport Wagon.

I'm currently deployed and wanted to time it to arrive when I get back. Good thing I am gone, I'm already wishing for the time to past faster but this makes coming home that much more exciting. My wife has been nothing but supportive. "Your spouse has to support your passions, and you have to support hers - or it's not going to work."

Option list:
OBM
6MT
Sueded wheel and shifter
Recaros and ebony enterior
Satin graphite wheels
Red calipers
Black chrome grille
Luggage rack (for my mountain bikes)

I want to do black chrome on the trim, tint, lowering. Considering options on exhaust. I really like NeuronBob's setup.

Dealer should be putting my order in Monday!

Classified ad for my sedan - let me know if I'm off on the price...
http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/cadillac-cts-vs-for-sale/p10445-2012-thunder-grey-cts-v-sedan-2c-a6-2c-recaros-2c-ebony-2c-sunroof.html

See less See more
This post has been deleted
#6 ·
Stop copying me! :) Well, at least I have my yellow calipers to set me apart.

Just kidding, welcome to the quickly growing OBM wagon club, and thank you for your service. Should be a great reward for deploying.

#9 ·
Jinx, thanks for the information. I looked up lots of pictures of Supersonic Blue, and it looks way better than anything I've seen for Stealth Blue Metallic. Perhaps you know me better than I know myself as I am strongly considering changing my color now. I'm thinking Stealth Blue Metallic with red calipers. It really is the exact options I've chosen, and the subdued blue color is intriguing.

#10 ·
I don't know for a fact that it's exactly Supersonic Blue, that's just what I'd heard going around, and the few actually-shiny photos out there look like a close match.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/02/15/cadillac-cts-v-gets-stealth-blue-and-silver-frost-limited-editio/
http://www.autoblog.com/2011/07/12/should-cadillac-make-the-cts-v-go-supersonic-w-poll/

Even if it's not exact, it'll be striking; I don't know what GM was thinking when they dulled-down the official photos. If I hadn't been convinced of the merits of a black Cadillac, I'd be there. And if by some twist of fate I hear black is constrained (!), it wouldn't be such a bad fallback.

Where'd you find that stealth wagon photo btw, and is it available in higher resolution?

.Jinx

#11 ·
I just went through the same thing.
As much as I wanted to like opulent blue, if you open your eyes when you are driving around locally here in the states, OB looks a lot like what you see everywhere on toyotas, subarus, fords, etc. not trying to hurt anyone's feelings - a clean shiny OB car looks nice. I am not in love with the stealth blue, but it is a little different, so I ordered that. just hoping it doesn't look gray-blue like every BMW out there...

#13 ·
Ya know Moose, good thinking. I'm actually thinking with the red calipers the stealth blue does look better and maybe something your not as likely to tire of as the years go by. Like was said, theres lots or rice burners these days in a blue very similiar to the opulent blue, especially suburu and toyota. I think your color combo choice will be even more unique plus it's a limited edition so your car will be very rare with more than likely less then 20 Vagons if that in that combo.

You have similiar tastes in colors as I do. I actually had a thunder gray 2012 sedan too and ordered a opulent blue wagon with red calipers. The order was taking so long I ended up cancelling and getting a black diamond wagon off a lot in PA. For me this might be the best color anyhow because I'm pushing 55 and feel it just looks a little more sophisticated especially with the beige/gold colored pinstripe I put on it to sorta match the yellow calipers. I'm super happy with my color combo. I see according to your zip you must be from Fla, me too, winters, maybe next fall we should have some sort of meet at Bradenton Dragway, that would be fun. I'm more than likely taking my car to the meet at Darlington which is April 20th (it was cancelled march and re-scheduled) which is for all LS powered GM cars, theres a lot of GTO's and G8GT's, GXPS's there that's how I started going to this meet when I had my Pontiac G8GT.

#16 ·
Wow, GM must be busy at that Lansing plant pumping out V's with last minute orders, theres been a lot of guys on here recently who are ordering or have recently got their new V's, the rush is on as I believe April 14'th or 15th is the cutoff date for orders. Good luck with your order, just make sure the dealer has proper allocation, I think that was why my order got so delayed was because the dealer I ordered through must have not had the allocation and they put them to the end of the production list when this happens. If everything is all set on the dealers end, you should have the car within a couple of months generally.

#17 ·
1997BlackETC, I am not in a huge rush as I have two full months before I even get home, but I think my dealer does a fair amount of business and has the proper allocation. I am waiting to hear back from them to see about changing from OBM to SBM so I will report back and let you all know.

#21 ·
Great news! Congrats and I'm excited for you!

Make sure you report in, in six weeks with the result. That is going to be a rare color for sure.

It'd be really cool if the dealer drove it/flatbedded it up to the airport to deliver it to you in person as soon as you get off the plane from your deployment.....

#22 ·
Awesome - I am mildly disappointed I didn't see real photos of the stealth blue prior to ordering. I - like so many others - kind of assumed it was a matte finish like the silver and was turned off by that. If I knew it was a standard gloss paint like the Supersonic blue... I might have jumped on it also.

Looking forward to the photos!

#27 ·
Oh ya, you def would not want it there, not only the native folks but other service people would be hugely Jealous and poss vandalize the car. Even when I use to own my business and drive one of my fancy cars to work the workers would get pissed off, like "why am I not driving one of those cars" I found it best to drive a clunker back and forth to my gas stations everyday, it kept people from talking.

#28 ·
VMoose said:
I already completed a year in Afghanistan, and I certainly would not want the car there nor in Iraq. But I'm not in either of those countries this time. The V would be fun here, but best to leave it at home.
My bad. I just assumed you were in the 'Stan. My last few deployments have been to South America. I definitely wouldn't want to drive it there either. Was hoping to get Germany for my next assignment, but no dice. I would have loved to lap the Nurburgring in my Vagon.

#29 ·
Actually, I was in Ushuaia, Argentina (southernmost city in the world) three weeks ago and saw a new ZR1 vet on the street. Don't know how it got there given that via road there is about a thousand miles of dirt/gravel between Ushuaia and the nearest paved road on the mainland. Definitely keep the V in the U.S.!

#32 ·
I placed my order the last week of March, and my dealer says it's "In the system" - which I presume is synonymous with being accepted for production... but I also do not have a build date yet.

Hopefully with the onslaught of Wagon orders, they'll crank these things out. :D

By the way, I am digging the Stealth Blue paint, but are you getting the blue leather interior also or is it going to be ebony in the wagon?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.