Recording from Ipod to HDD - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Recording from Ipod to HDD in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; OK,so I plugged in my iPod today with the apple supplied cable ,not GM's it went to AUX on screen ...
    Mongopush is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS V

Re: Recording from Ipod to HDD

OK,so I plugged in my iPod today with the apple supplied cable ,not GM's it went to AUX on screen and said "searching" . Once I hit the source selection tab it said "scanning ID tags" , while this is happening its transferring my music. I can unplug my iPod and the music is on the HDD . Although once stored the HDD interface is horrible, I would prefer just using the iPod plugged in and use the interface with GM's cable. Sorry for the blurry pics.

Topless vette is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS V

I have come to the conclusion I will ger better quality and les hassle just by plugging my ipod into the usb port and play it that way. No mess, no fuss, no transfer. Talked to a wizard that knows about this stuff and he says the system is outdated and in 2008 when it came around it was not a high tech system, more of a gimmick.

Mongopush is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS V

Agreed, seems like it was a rush job. Should of been able to just stream over Bluetooth with a iPhone or droid . I did order the Bluetooth connecter mentioned in other post, will let you know how it fairs .

thanks sounds good

This is too funny. Had my ipod hooked up yesterday cruising, unplug it from usb and leave it in the console, go out this morning trying to figure out how to make the nav work on voice commans, thats another issue that is not going so well, go to HDD and hit it, and Wowzer , all my ipod songs are in there rockin away, had to check to make sure it wasn hooked up, and it wasn't. Another Easter miracle. Its all good. Now to figure out the nav.
    Thanks for all the input on this. Mongopush was corrct again

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

Cool, you best give up on the voice recognition, it is not worth the hassle. when my started speaking spanish to me I threw in the towel with it and don't even bother, more frusteration than it's worth. Hopefully the newer system ones are better than this one. The nav is usable, but very slow and doggish, obviously a very slow processor. I get frusterated with that too. I'm keeping directions and connections so I can just remotely download directions from my smart phone to the car and don't have to wait, they are just there loaded already when I get in my car for a trip. Dunno if your car can do that as mine is a 2013 and I use the the GM onstar remote app a lot. If you don't have directions and connections this won't work either.

asilver is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Ariel Atom 2007 Lexus GS 350 WTB CTS-V

question for y'all.

I have a 16gb usb stick, I moved about 13gb onto the stick which took 45 minutes, only to have the car say, this usb stick isn't compatible. Thoughts?

I remember when I purchased the stick I had to change the format from fat32 to NTFS....does the car's HDD only read from fat32?

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by asilver View Post
    question for y'all.

I have a 16gb usb stick, I moved about 13gb onto the stick which took 45 minutes, only to have the car say, this usb stick isn't compatible. Thoughts?

I remember when I purchased the stick I had to change the format from fat32 to NTFS....does the car's HDD only read from fat32?
    Hello asilver,

I am providing you with the phone number to Infotainment general support. The number is 855-478-7767, Hours of Operation: 8:00 am to 10:00 pm EST seven days a week. Hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.