Thinking about a V!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Thinking about a V!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Ok guys currently looking to buy a V but don't kno if I should get coupe or 4 dr I ...
    Kidjnco23 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thinking about a V!!

Ok guys currently looking to buy a V but don't kno if I should get coupe or 4 dr I recently had a c63 and I loved it! And now have a srt8 truck but not my style! Is there any differences between coupes and 4 drs? And I am looking for a black raven edition any help appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SIGALPHGIO is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe Performance
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidjnco23
    Ok guys currently looking to buy a V but don't kno if I should get coupe or 4 dr I recently had a c63 and I loved it! And now have a srt8 truck but not my style! Is there any differences between coupes and 4 drs? And I am looking for a black raven edition any help appreciated
    Same cars, one is a 4 door and one a coupe. I had a client trade in a c63 for a coupe V . I drove the c63 for a while and saw the difference was night and day! However , I just got a black raven sedan with satin wheels a d red calipers that looks soooo hot. I say , go sedan!

Re: Thinking about a V!!

Looking for a 12 and don't the calipers usually come in yellow??

----------

And any major problems with v's??

Trapspeed is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidjnco23
    Looking for a 12 and don't the calipers usually come in yellow??
    Nope. That's an option. Norm is silver. Red are even more rare.

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

2013 was the first year for the red caliper option, in 2012 it was either yellow or the stock silver ones. But they can always be powder coated easily enough or even regular brake caliper paint available at most auto supply places. How about a Wagon, same car only a lot more utility. Times running out to order a new 2013 (I think the end of the month) and to have the last year of this car would be cool.

True if I were to find a good deal on a 13 I might take it,but it all depends!

----------

There's a 12 coupe with 3,000 mls on it and their asking $54 and it's a black raven edition!

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

Offer em like 62K on a 2013, nothing ventured nothing gained, you never know.

Yea I know! Thanks

smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)

You mean Black Diamond Edition?

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Quote Originally Posted by SIGALPHGIO View Post
    Same cars, one is a 4 door and one a coupe. I had a client trade in a c63 for a coupe V . I drove the c63 for a while and saw the difference was night and day! However , I just got a black raven sedan with satin wheels a d red calipers that looks soooo hot. I say , go sedan!
    Not quite - the Coupe has push-button door handles and proximity sensors, things that the sedan and wagon do not have. Those little items are pretty cool, IMHO and should have been included as standard across the line.

Also, the rear seats in the Coupe are almost useless, and are annoying to use as you have to wait for the motorized seat to move forward (IIRC?)... if you're the kind of guy that envisions frequently having more than 1 passenger, I would suggest the 4-door sedan 9 times out of 10. The Coupe looks cooler and more aggressive though, but I had to strike it off my personal list because of young children, car seats and longer trips requiring Wagonesque cargo capacity.

vfaninva is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe

My last v was a loaded raven black sedan. Thoroughly enjoyed it. It was beautiful when clean (for about 30 minutes). After my last son moved out I moved to the coupe (which I now love even more than the sedan). Both are amazing vehicles that I recommend over anything in this price range. Having had both I can tell you the coupe is a little bit smaller inside than the sedan and the sunroof limits headroom up front. I am 6' and 190 lbs and can fit comfortably in the drivers seat but with only about 2" above my head. The sedan certainly has more rear seat room but is a little on the small size and is not very comfortable on long trips. If you are going to carry more than one person regularly go with the sedan if not, go for the coupe!

oneman42 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan, Black, 6MT, no mods, LED int bulb swap

Quote Originally Posted by Kidjnco23 View Post
    The coupe has the blind spot feature in the mirrors.
    George

CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    The coupe also has wider rims in the rear.

musclecar6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 V sedan crystal red/ light titanium A6, 2010 GS LPE 650

Visually the coupe tends to either send you or it doesn't. Personally it doesn't ring my bell. The wagon is definitely more practical. I would have bought the wagon, except every time I looked at one, I thought of Chevy Chase tooling around in that wagon. Fortunately I really like the looks of the sedan, so I went with a new 12 sedan recently & absolutely love it. So you probably should ask yourself if the coupe really excites you to look at it & the practical compromises over the sedan are okay, then go for the coupe. The coupe does have a significant blind spot( aided by an assist), the front windshield is a little lower than the sedan & obviously the rear seat area is more difficult to get in & out of than the sedan.

SIGALPHGIO is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe Performance
    Quote Originally Posted by 1997BlackETC
    Offer em like 62K on a 2013, nothing ventured nothing gained, you never know.
    62k on a 2013 is a bit of a longshot,( unless its a base v) there still are some "new 2012" out there that might get you closer.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.