UPDATE: Martin Automotive Group Damages my new CTS V Coupe - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, UPDATE: Martin Automotive Group Damages my new CTS V Coupe in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Kluch, It's opinions like that that businesses try to pull this crap on customers. Most people go away and they ...
    pat2t2f is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Kluch,

It's opinions like that that businesses try to pull this crap on customers. Most people go away and they get away with it. I got my pool for free and a car painted for free because I would not go away. I took advantage of no one. The company screwed up, refused to make it right and it escalated to a point where I won. There is principle here that both those guys (the engine and the paint ) Should not let it go. They are right and they should be compensated.
    Just my opinion. .
    RogersV and RogersV like this.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Re: UPDATE: Martin Automotive Group Damages my new CTS V Coupe

I'm still waiting for the media onslaught.

Sure it's just paint, but it's paint on a brand new car. A repaint lowers the car's value, and if the OP traded out in future, he would be raped on trade in value.

Besides, the trust with the dealership is now ruined because of this. If they screw up his paint and he lets them get away with it, what else are they going to screw up? Who else are they going to do this to?

Sorry things didn't work out with Katie. Her role here is quite limited and she does it well. She makes sure users and the dealer are connected and she can give status reports. She can pass info on to her superiors. What her bosses do with the information is anyone's guess (witness the LONG supercharger thread). At this point, the OP is fully engaged with the dealer and with GM Corporate, and hopefully with a lawyer.

Kick some ass OP! I guess local California peeps know which dealer NOT to deal with.

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

Do not pass go, do not collect $200, do not stand down, do everything to send those crooks to jail.
    America did not get to where it is by standing down.
    You will not get to where you want to be with this issue by standing down.
    It's just paint. No, it's much more than that.
    It's getting satisfaction for what you paid for.
    It's doing more than your share of grief to help assure that
    this type of customer treatment will not happen to another
    person at that dealership.
    If you lay down and go belly up like the village prostitute,
    that dealer will continue to rape people, and and that will
    encourage other dealers to do the same.

I am sure that we will hear more on this issue.
    My guess would be that the dealership claimed that
    they would make it right if he quip posting.
    Maybe they will, but I am doubtful.
    Once a crook, generally always a crook.
    Good luck and best wishes of success over
    this issue for the OP.

Kluch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 V

Quote Originally Posted by pat2t2f View Post
    Kluch,

It's opinions like that that businesses try to pull this crap on customers. Most people go away and they get away with it. I got my pool for free and a car painted for free because I would not go away. I took advantage of no one. The company screwed up, refused to make it right and it escalated to a point where I won. There is principle here that both those guys (the engine and the paint ) Should not let it go. They are right and they should be compensated.
    Just my opinion. .
    Point made. And i respect it. My home was recently damaged in a fire and I had to rebuild. I guess I have adjusted my own perspective now because if i stressed about the "little things" I would've had a breakdown. I sincerely wish for the most favorable outcome in this case.

TWD3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 CTS-V Coupe, '09 Escalade

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kluch View Post
    I sympathise with the OP's predicament in this case, but the fact is that its about paint!
    Yes and I took the car to a body shop that specializes in repainting high end cars to factory new condition and the quote was $12,000 to $14,000 and 6 to 8 weeks to complete the work so add in two months of a rented ATS and I'm looking at 15K plus for "just paint".

Now take a look at these images and ask yourself if you would be happy with your V if it looked like mine: pictures of damage done to my car by Martin Automotive Group

e6t
    e6t is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): V2 CTSV

this story is all too familiar to me.

the most painful automobile owning experience of my life was with a V.

dr.duct_mossburg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cts-V

I started to look through your pictures and my initial reaction was a that a detail shop could make quick work and make this things look brand new. Mean while the consumer side of me had a boiling blood pressure, increased heart rate and accelerated breathing. I would just seek a full refund and go else where, not a repaint.

As far as detail work goes. I will be be detailing my car right away. Stock finish on these cars sucks. A good detail guy can make even a brand new lambo look like a different car.

Its just whether or not the attorney fee's and time is worth it to you. The me that is not emotional invest says to just get the car, pay a detail shop. Have everything well documented and then turn around and sue to get your money back that was spent and in legal fee's.

Here is my take on the lawyer thing. I might be wrong but...general motors has lawyers on retainer and very deep pockets. They can break you financially without breaking a sweat. The OP's beef is not with Cadillac but a dealer. I don't think the dealer has lawyers on retainer or the deep pockets and Cadillac probably won't help him. The service manager saying, "that's what lawyers are for" was either a bluff or he is a total moron. To me it would be worth an hour of a lawyers time to send the owner of the dealership a letter detailing the intent to sue and see what the reaction is.
    He has to push this forward or he will never see this car again.
    HUGN*RDS and HUGN*RDS like this.

HUGN*RDS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 V

squeaky wheel gets the grease

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

Quote Originally Posted by pat2t2f View Post
    Here is my take on the lawyer thing. I might be wrong but...general motors has lawyers on retainer and very deep pockets. They can break you financially without breaking a sweat. The OP's beef is not with Cadillac but a dealer. I don't think the dealer has lawyers on retainer or the deep pockets and Cadillac probably won't help him. The service manager saying, "that's what lawyers are for" was either a bluff or he is a total moron. To me it would be worth an hour of a lawyers time to send the owner of the dealership a letter detailing the intent to sue and see what the reaction is.
    He has to push this forward or he will never see this car again.
    'Zactly! BBB is free also.

hulksdaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): <-----"Hulk" 2000-2012...He will always be missed :-(

Make a stink, contact media, contact lawyer, never give up. It works.

RobF300 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan HIS, 2012 CTS4 coupe- Her's

im still torn on this issue.

The dealer could have diffused the situation but handled it poorly.
    On the other hand- going to court will be tough. You will have to prove there is "damage" to the paint. You will have to bring in an expert, who is giving his opinion, to describe why the car cant just be detailed and needs to be repainted or replaced. So long as the dealer has offered to make things right by having their detailers attempt to clean the car up I don't feel they are doing anything wrong in the eyes of the law.

its like telling your insurance company you want a new car because the fender got hit, sucks but these things happen.

I think he will just need 2 or 3 estimates to prove how much it will cost. From what I have read it had been at the dealer numerous times and this last time for weeks. That should be enough to show that the dealer is incompetent to fix it. Besides, the dealer caused the damage in the first place

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Call Jumkman to testify!

Look on YouTube....

I don't know how any small claims judge would award you damages on this.. Go small claims, go for maximum amount, have someone professionally detail the car.

----------

I looked at your pictures. I would have reacted the same way especially on a brand new car. I do however think that from what I saw a professional could fix all of it for about $1000

TWD3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 CTS-V Coupe, '09 Escalade

I picked up the car yesterday. While waiting around an hour for the dealer to find the key, I observed my car had a "no wash" ticket on the windshield and was obviously washed and detailed. I am taking the Batmobile to the detailer today to assess the condition of the paint and will report back when i get more info.

I'll say one thing, driving home yesterday and a freeway romp last night, this car is HOOT to drive. So f-ing quick in sport shift mode. Like an uber hot crazy girlfriend, all is forgiven once you get her on the track

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.