UPDATE: Martin Automotive Group Damages my new CTS V Coupe - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, UPDATE: Martin Automotive Group Damages my new CTS V Coupe in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc Hi ben.gators! I was involved on the customer's original thread and offered assistance, so ...
    ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Re: UPDATE: Martin Automotive Group Damages my new CTS V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hi ben.gators! I was involved on the customer's original thread and offered assistance, so thank you for alerting me about this updated thread.

TWD3, I do want to reiterate that I'm happy to locate any case you may have with our Cadillac Customer Assistance Center and give you updates on your case details whenever you wish. In the meantime, I'm going to continue to document your comments where the proper GM teams can access them!

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service
    Thanks a lot Katie!

I hope my post didn't upset you. As I said in that post too, this is all about the job description of customer service, and how much help they can actually offer, and much more important, how much GM values it customers! And it had absolutely nothing to do with you! You are an employee working for a corporation and following their rules, just like many of us here!

To be very honest with you, and by you I mean the Katie not the "Cadillac Customer Service", it really sickens me to see a fellow Cadillac owner has spent a big pile of his hard earned cash and what he has got is just frustration, and the GM is doing nothing to make things right! These bad apples in Cadillac's dealership chain is really destroying the overall reputation of the Cadillac! I myself could be driving a brand new Cadillac now, but because of dealership problems I changed my mind. I had sent you a post and described the problem and you were kind enough to document it and hand it over.

Anyway, I hope you understand us and don't take this personal. And thanks a lot for many other occasions that you could help out a forums member here.

Mike02z is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan Black Raven 6 speed manual

What I have done numerous times in the past when I felt I was being treated unfairly by company was to find the CEO or President's email address. It usually takes >30 minutes to figure it out if your fairly internet savvy. Those executives have more powerful CSR's working for them that can usually get a lot done for you that other normal CSR's cannot. This has worked for me with Verizon Wireless, Best Buy, and Samsung. Obviously this is bigger but the principle is the same. Start searching for other GM email addresses and you can usually figure out the naming convention. Search forums. Don't bother paying any service. Most of the information is out there in the public domain. Tell your story in a calm manner and say how disappointed you are at how you have been treated. Leave a phone number. Almost every time I have done this I have received a phone call back within 48 hours.

Topless vette is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS V

any updates on how you are making out ?

jwbhole is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon ThunderGray, Six Speed

Is this Martin in New Jersey? I know the owner and he would not be happy.

Karch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 TG sedan, 6A,LPE 650, and a few more mods.

Quote Originally Posted by jwbhole View Post
    Is this Martin in New Jersey? I know the owner and he would not be happy.
    No, Martin Cadillac in West Los Angeles, CA.

dr.duct_mossburg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cts-V

Quote Originally Posted by Mike02z View Post
    What I have done numerous times in the past when I felt I was being treated unfairly by company was to find the CEO or President's email address. It usually takes >30 minutes to figure it out if your fairly internet savvy. Those executives have more powerful CSR's working for them that can usually get a lot done for you that other normal CSR's cannot. This has worked for me with Verizon Wireless, Best Buy, and Samsung. Obviously this is bigger but the principle is the same. Start searching for other GM email addresses and you can usually figure out the naming convention. Search forums. Don't bother paying any service. Most of the information is out there in the public domain. Tell your story in a calm manner and say how disappointed you are at how you have been treated. Leave a phone number. Almost every time I have done this I have received a phone call back within 48 hours.
    When I began reading your comments I said to myself "this guy has the idea" as this is what is done in my company. Then you posted my company, lol. It's called our corporate relation's or corporate escalations team. It's basically a small group of individuals that have the ability to do whatever they want. If you have a legit issue, stuff is taken care of quickly. If something is purchased with an outside group but bears our branding but we have no real control over than said company will receive a nice email that basically say's "take care of this for me or you will pay down the road as our professional relationship will suffer".

Something this extensively documented is not only detrimental to the dealer but to GM as well. I'm in here reading this as a potential V2 buyer and it scares me.

----------

Executive staff.

http://www.gm.com/company/corporate-officers

Most of the time their emails are just first.lastname@....

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

I just hope the op realizes he has a real case against this dealer, they really messed up his car and need to make good on it. He did not even ask for this foolish paint treatment which did the damage in the first place.

TWD3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 CTS-V Coupe, '09 Escalade

Thanks guys for all your support and good advice. The car is still at the dealership since dropping it off on 3/8/13. At this point I have no idea what they're doing to my car for nearly three weeks for work that was supposed to take no more then one. I will update as events unfold.

Karch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 TG sedan, 6A,LPE 650, and a few more mods.

I live two miles from them. Because of this, I won't even allow them to check my tire pressure. What a farce.

pat2t2f is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    I don't know if it would be better to get the car out of there until a resolution is found because, you are right, you don't know what they are doing to it.
    What happened to the news story?? You have to take this to the next level. You can't wait for them. You will never see the car.
    I think Karch and anyone else that lives close by should go and complain.

rustybear3 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Wow! What a story....I was routed to this thread via a posting on the ATS forum and find this absolutely incredible! I remember years ago having a $2000 disagreement with my dealership (which I really like, incidentally) on a car I bought. Wrote a letter to the dealership's owner, outlining the problem. Got a letter back in a few days; problem taken care of to my complete, 100 per cent satisfaction; no questions asked because of "...our goal of maintaining the complete satisfaction of our loyal, customer base..." Shows you that there are definitely differences between dealerships and their approach to customer issues. Incidentally, being in the news biz myself, if you want some TV exposure: Call a station's assignment desk, tell them you and your family members plan to picket and stage a protest outside the dealership on such and such date and why. I guarantee you'll get a call back and coverage; it's visual and TV stations LOVE such stories.
    shchow and shchow like this.

SoCalCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV Coupe, 1966 Chevelle
    I am leasing a 2012 Range Rover and it was on for a recall that too two weeks to resolve cause of parts availability. Dealership gave us a beautiful rental and they apologized for the delay by sending us a check for one months lease payment.

DCV
    DCV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV bone stock

You really need to get your car out of there NOW. If they do work on it and you refuse to pay they can get a mechanics lein and keep it from you. They probably are throwing boogers on it or being left outside with bird poo. Go get your car dude and then settle the issue.

the blur is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

That's why I brought a used V. Not a perfect car, but a 9.5 / 10. Saved $20K, and don't have to worry about it. I drive it everywhere, and park it everywhere.

Most of my new car orders were just so filled with problems. Swirl marks, Scratches, chocolate bars swished into the seats, missing front shocks, bad transmissions, etc, etc. It's less head ache, and less money. And I buy the extended warrenty. and I'm done.

Kluch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 V

Quote Originally Posted by the blur View Post
    That's why I brought a used V. Not a perfect car, but a 9.5 / 10. Saved $20K, and don't have to worry about it. I drive it everywhere, and park it everywhere.

Most of my new car orders were just so filled with problems. Swirl marks, Scratches, chocolate bars swished into the seats, missing front shocks, bad transmissions, etc, etc. It's less head ache, and less money. And I buy the extended warrenty. and I'm done.
    Read the thread about the guy who unknowingly bought a modded used V with an extended warranty to boot, blew an engine, and is now having warranty repair denied and has a big mess on his hands. Buying a used car, especially a car people love to mod like ours, is frought with risk. Even the CPO V's according to some very reliable sources on these boards are only inspected superficially.

Best way to avoid problems is to lease a new car. Always covered by warranty, and if it is problematic you get to walk away in 2-3 years with no further obligation. If it was a good car, you can buy if you want.

I sympathise with the OP's predicament in this case, but the fact is that its about paint! A relatively minor issue imho. The paint on our V's in most cases sucks anyway. I would just let the dealership fix the issue and move on and start enjoying my car. In 2-3 years you'll be ready to move onto the next badass car, V or not, and your paint will be fine. Life is full of more significant things to stress over. You got taken advantage of here. You made our community wise to this crappy dealership. Lesson learned. Time to move on my friend.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.