UPDATE: Martin Automotive Group Damages my new CTS V Coupe - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, UPDATE: Martin Automotive Group Damages my new CTS V Coupe in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; From my previous post... Originally Posted by cdog533 GM probably won't help here. And for god's sake DO NOT take ...
    cdog533 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Re: UPDATE: Martin Automotive Group Damages my new CTS V Coupe

From my previous post...

Quote Originally Posted by cdog533 View Post
    GM probably won't help here. And for god's sake DO NOT take it back to that dealer, no matter how many times they or GM promises that 'this time we'll get it just perfect'. They just don't have the skills to make it right at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by TWD3 View Post
    At this point I will not accept a ten-week old car that has been at the dealer for three weeks, had its paint polished 3 times with electric polishing tools to the point of destroying the black chrome and damaging the clear coat, has been repainted in places, and will need a 4th go around with abrasive polish to correct problems created by the dealer while further weakening the clear coat lessening the life span of my new car's paint. I bought a new car and paid a new car price for a car I intend to hold on to for 20 years. I did not buy a used car nor did I pay a used car price. I certainly did not purchase a project car when I bought a new CTS V Coupe on December 29th, 2012.
    The best option is to let the pro detailer fix the car and get it right. If it needs a repaint in the future, I guess it will need to be repainted. I just don't think getting the dealer or GM to replace the car is realistic at this point. I'm on your side - I've just seen GM deny replacement for WAY worse situations.

That being said, you may be able to litigate or arbitrate or whatever and get some cash from the dealer or possibly from GM. But that is almost secondary to the main objective: getting the car right and getting it back on the road.

Note: If you will NEVER be satisfied with this particular car, regardless of what happens to it, find a good dealer and trade it in on a new one. Yes, it will hurt financially, but if that's the only way to be happy, so be it.... I've seen guys do this with cars, bikes, guns, etc. when they just can't live with the defects affecting their example.
    shchow and shchow like this.

LitiGATOR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

If you were in Florida I could help you out.
    TWD3 and TWD3 like this.

pat2t2f is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    If you have put almost no miles on this car because it spent most of its time being destroyed by the dealer why can't you have them buy it back for your purchase price? Maybe $3,000 less for the miles you did put on it.

TWD3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 CTS-V Coupe, '09 Escalade

cdog533,
    I understand what you are saying however selling the car and taking it in the shorts will not be necessary. I do however have a question for you and others.

Is it possible to conclusively determine if and where my brand new car has been repainted by the dealer? Also how do I go about quantifying clear coat damage ie: a percentage of clear coat reduction over a brand new box stock unpolished Raven Black CTS V?

Thanks in advance and thanks to all who have chipped in with great advice and support. I am overwhelmed by the fellowship and good will of this great group of enthusiasts

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by ben.gators View Post
    Sorry to hear your problems. What is the lemon law in your state? That can be an additional way to go....

And by the way, where is Cadillac customer service of our forums? She shows up and offers her helps in the threads that there is no need for her assistance, but she never show up in a thread that she can actually help.... This is not personal and this is not about Kati or any other individual, this is more about the position and the job description of Cadillac customer service in this forums....
    Hi ben.gators! I was involved on the customer's original thread and offered assistance, so thank you for alerting me about this updated thread.

TWD3, I do want to reiterate that I'm happy to locate any case you may have with our Cadillac Customer Assistance Center and give you updates on your case details whenever you wish. In the meantime, I'm going to continue to document your comments where the proper GM teams can access them!

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service
    ben.gators and ben.gators like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hi ben.gators! I was involved on the customer's original thread and offered assistance, so thank you for alerting me about this updated thread.

TWD3, I do want to reiterate that I'm happy to locate any case you may have with our Cadillac Customer Assistance Center and give you updates on your case details whenever you wish. In the meantime, I'm going to continue to document your comments where the proper GM teams can access them!

Katie
    Email history with Katie at General Motors
    Katie,
    I am not certain if you can help but as you posted to my thread I am reaching out to you.

Please see the original topic here: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-vs-paint.html

And my last post here: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...s-paint-2.html

At this point I am attempting to take my case up the chain of command at General Motors. Martin Cadillac acted wrecklessly with my new CTS V Coupe and basically destroyed the paint job. This is unacceptable and they must correct the problem which at this point means, a new car. If you would like to talk to me my phone number is XXX-XXX-XXX.

Thank you for your stated concern and hopefully you can help me bring this to a satisfactory end.

All the best,
    XXX XXXXXX

Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com

Feb 18

XXX, thank you for your patience while I’ve been researching your concerns!
    In your specific circumstance, since you wish to take your case up the chain of command as soon as possible (as you mentioned), I recommend contacting my counterparts at our phone hotline because they will be able to give you the immediate assistance you deserve!

At your convenience, please call the Cadillac Customer Assistance Center at 800-458-8006 (open Mon to Sat, 8am to 9pm EST). Having the last eight of your VIN handy would be very helpful when you call. Then, you will have an assigned agent researching your concerns for you and determining the options available to you based on their gathered information. And if you would ever like me to locate your case and provide you with updates (when your agent is scheduled to call you, etc.), then don’t hesitate to email me and let me know.

Best,

Katie

XXX

02/15/2013 04:36 PM

To
    cc

Subject
    Martin Cadillac permanently damaged my new CTS V Coupe's paint

XXX

Feb 18

to Katie_Lucille
    Katie I have contacted that number- no help what so ever. Please call me at XXX-XXX-XXXX to discuss how I can get assistance from General Motors for what amounts to a destroyed paint job from Martin Cadillac.

Kind regards,
    XXX

Feb 19

to me
    XXX, thank you very much for clarifying! I apologize for any confusion my last email caused; I think it probably helps to clarify that I am at the same level as the Customer Service agents who answer our phone hotline.

They are able to provide more immediate follow up than I, however, due to the nature of their job. Since you’re looking for immediate assistance, they will be able to gather information quicker than emailing back and forth. Once they set up the case, then they can begin following up with Martin Cadillac on your behalf to determine the assistance options that may be available to you!

Best,

Katie

Katie I appreciate the fact you are taking a public stance on behalf of General Motors however I did not recieve a call from you nor have you offered any real assistance when I reached out to you. All I get from GM is that the ball is in the dealer court and that GM is powerless to help me. All around this is the worst high end buying experience I've ever had. I am extremely disappointed by the lack of any real support from GM. The General can and should protect their customers where a dishonest dealer is concerned.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

I am so sorry you feel that way based on your current situation, and I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you, TWD3! I am able to follow up on any existing case that you have begun with our Cadillac Customer Assistance Center team. General Motors takes comments like this very seriously, and I can document your concern along with your comments in your official case file, if you wish.

Best,

Katie

I am so sorry you feel that way based on your current situation, and I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you, TWD3! I am able to follow up on any existing case that you have begun with our Cadillac Customer Assistance Center team. General Motors takes comments like this very seriously, and I can document your concern along with your comments in your official case file, if you wish.

Best,

Katie
    Thanks Katie. I will appreciate any assistance you may provide.

mashthepedal is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Best,

Katie
    If GM actually did take these types of comments seriously, they would build a better car, and provide customer service instead of lip service.

Judge people by what they do, not by what they say.

Gootz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by TWD3 View Post
    Thanks Katie. I will appreciate any assistance you may provide.
    I'm sorry to hear about your situation. While I can't really offer any specific advice on your problem with the dealer, don't hold your breath on receiving any help from the GM reps on here. It's easy to see that Katie is quite active in posting up responses, but when it comes to actually helping out I have had very little luck and it appears other people share the same sentiment. I don't want to derail the topic at hand, so I won't go into specifics. The reason I'm sharing the overall viewpoint is just so you don't spend too much energy/time in this direction or get your hopes up that you will receive any concrete support from them. The follow through is just not there. Best of luck reaching a desirable outcome. Please do keep us posted.

RobF300 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan HIS, 2012 CTS4 coupe- Her's

Katie means well but her responses are quite vague and sometimes when I read them they border on boiler plate responses you would get from an automated system

No fault of her own guess there is only so much she can do.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Her hands are tied. She passes on this stuff to her cell mates/authoritarian grand masters/bosses/dead letter office or wherever. That's all she can do is pass it on to others in the food chain.

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

Quote Originally Posted by RobF300 View Post
    Katie means well but her responses are quite vague and sometimes when I read them they border on boiler plate responses you would get from an automated system

No fault of her own guess there is only so much she can do.
    Not to be rude, crude, & socially unacceptable, but what the heck would you do if you were in her position and your paycheck came from Cadillac / General Motors?
    I think that we owe her and those that have gone before her a big thumbs up.
    What do you think? Cadillac / GM gives her their pay check and says do whatever you want?

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

For someone in her position I believe she does a remarkable job. I have never seen a Marque monitor a forum like she does for GM. Kudos to that.

Karch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 TG sedan, 6A,LPE 650, and a few more mods.

Cadillac should step in and see what can/should be done.

I work for a major manufacturer (another industry) and when we have end-users trying to use our products, sometimes they are misapplied, installed wrong, or other things, due in part to an engineering firm or integrator.
    If I am brought in, called, or made aware of it, I try to help, regardless of fault. I don't want our name soiled out there, and I value our customers, whether they buy direct or not, and will take care of the why and how it happened afterwards.

So, yes, GM should poke their head into this situation. Maybe not to the buyer, but to Martin Auto Group, and make it right. Not saying they have to buy it back, but make the car right, and right now.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.