UPDATE: Martin Automotive Group Damages my new CTS V Coupe - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, UPDATE: Martin Automotive Group Damages my new CTS V Coupe in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Following this makes me sick to my stomach. Hopefully if there is litigation, it will be between the dealership and ...
    mpouls1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '09 V 11.99@118mph, '11 Tahoe LTZ, '03 Silverado, '00 Jetta

Re: UPDATE: Martin Automotive Group Damages my new CTS V Coupe

Following this makes me sick to my stomach. Hopefully if there is litigation, it will be between the dealership and yourself. My parents had one of their cars illegally repossessed. I don't know the specifics but I can find out if interested. They hired a lawyer but it was between Ford and them. Lawyer thought it was easy win, cut n' dry because it was illegal but in the end it just wasn't worth it. Ford just had too much $ behind them.
    TWD3 and TWD3 like this.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Again, ridiculous!
    TWD3 and TWD3 like this.

TWD3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 CTS-V Coupe, '09 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by mpouls1 View Post
    Following this makes me sick to my stomach. Hopefully if there is litigation, it will be between the dealership and yourself. My parents had one of their cars illegally repossessed. I don't know the specifics but I can find out if interested. They hired a lawyer but it was between Ford and them. Lawyer thought it was easy win, cut n' dry because it was illegal but in the end it just wasn't worth it. Ford just had too much $ behind them.
    I don't know. General Motors customer support told me that because it was a dealer issue and not a defect in material or workmanship on GM's part, they could not assist me in a resolution aside from one the dealer is willing to support. Now that the dealer went back on their pledge they made to both myself and General Motors I'd be surprised if the General steps in and fits the bill on behalf of a dealer they admit has damaged my car.

Still with what I am learning about GM through this experience, I would not be totally surprised. We shall see and I will keep all apprised here and elsewhere.

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

All good advice above. Forget BBB, they don't really like to get involved in these sort things anyway. But what I would suggest is that you also contact your States Dealer Commission. All states have a dealer commission which regulate car dealers, this is where I have got action taken in the past when I've had similiar issues like you are having, worth a shot.
    TWD3 and TWD3 like this.

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Sorry to hear your problems. What is the lemon law in your state? That can be an additional way to go....

And by the way, where is Cadillac customer service of our forums? She shows up and offers her helps in the threads that there is no need for her assistance, but she never show up in a thread that she can actually help.... This is not personal and this is not about Kati or any other individual, this is more about the position and the job description of Cadillac customer service in this forums....
    TWD3 and TWD3 like this.

sunsalem is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V BR Coupe

I feel for the OP. I have had similar issues taking my 2012 BR coupe to the dealer. It seems like every time I bring them the car they scratch or chip it in some way. The first time the mechanic didn't use a fender cover while working in the engine compartment and ended up scratching the hell out of the fender with his belt buckle. Second time I took it in someone curbed one of the black wheels and it had to be replaced. The 3rd and 4th times the wheel paint was chipped off by the careless use of an air-gun while taking off the wheels. Now what I do is take a simple walkaround and inspect the car closely before even leaving the dealership. The bottom line is the dealers and their crews don't give a rat's a$$ about Cadillac and its customers. It's sad really....
    TWD3 and TWD3 like this.

DCV
    DCV is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV bone stock

A good shop will always do a walk around with you and note on a sheet of paper any damage or defect before they touch a car. In the end the OP may spend more on legal fees than the cost for a professional restore and detail. If it was me, I would get the detailer to fix the car and then get the dealer to pay for the work in small claims court. I would get the detailer to document every flaw with good photos, no flares or shadows. That's hard to do with black though I know. My V is raven black and it had swirls in sunlight when I bought it. Slowly all by hand I have gotten them out. I would never use any power tool on a black car, never.
    TWD3 and TWD3 like this.

Topless vette is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS V

All good advice from what i see. Is not Martins a representative of Cadillac and Gm ? if they get away with this and Cadillac not stepping in, then I would think Cad does not care who represents them or thier product. If this happened with some other consumer product i would think the franchisee would be severly reprimanded and the consumer looked after,not only to keep the consumer happy,but to avoid public disaproval of a situation. jmt
    good luck and keep pounding both of them !!!

Quote Originally Posted by TWD3 View Post
    I don't know. General Motors customer support told me that because it was a dealer issue and not a defect in material or workmanship on GM's part, they could not assist me in a resolution aside from one the dealer is willing to support. Now that the dealer went back on their pledge they made to both myself and General Motors I'd be surprised if the General steps in and fits the bill on behalf of a dealer they admit has damaged my car.

Still with what I am learning about GM through this experience, I would not be totally surprised. We shall see and I will keep all apprised here and elsewhere.
    TWD3 and TWD3 like this.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ben.gators View Post
    Sorry to hear your problems. What is the lemon law in your state? That can be an additional way to go....

And by the way, where is Cadillac customer service of our forums? She shows up and offers her helps in the threads that there is no need for her assistance, but she never show up in a thread that she can actually help.... This is not personal and this is not about Kati or any other individual, this is more about the position and the job description of Cadillac customer service in this forums....
    What can she do? She posts to help make connections between us and our dealer or sometimes a GM rep.

But, there is no connection to be made. All the channels she could use are exhausted. The dealer knows, GM knows. Unfortunately, its all up to the dealer right now...

RobF300 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan HIS, 2012 CTS4 coupe- Her's

why do these clowns ALWAYS leave the windows open?

do they think they will lock themselves out? its not 1980 anymore you aint locking yourself out of that car never mind while AT the dealer with on-star.

leaving the windows open while its in the shop is just the icing on the cake. Settle with these idiots, get rid of the car, what a shame.
    TWD3 and TWD3 like this.

HUGN*RDS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 V

I'll call and speak my opinion to them. Maybe they take formal dealer complaints and I will file one of those.

Oh and I agree with the above poster, why would Cadillac let such a shady dealer represent them? Trust me word is getting around I have two friends who work at a NE Cadillac dealership, I showed them this thread for you and they were very surprised. Their dealer is much better than the Martin one..by lightyears. They said they would start passing on the word to their coworkers at Deluca about your California Cadillac dealership experience. Strength in numbers is right. Deluca is in charge of many many NE GM dealerships
    TWD3 and TWD3 like this.

hulksdaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): <-----"Hulk" 2000-2012...He will always be missed :-(

This kind of incompetence and deceit is unbelievable. Go to the mattresses!
    TWD3 and TWD3 like this.

pat2t2f is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I don't think you have to worry about deep pockets from Cadillac. It seems they are not getting involved. I don't think the dealership has very deep pockets. I agree to get the attorney general involved and get it on the news. If you get a lawyer, hopefully all the lawyer will have to do is charge you an hour or two of his time to send a letter to the owner of the dealership with the intent to sue.
    TWD3 and TWD3 like this.

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    What can she do? She posts to help make connections between us and our dealer or sometimes a GM rep.

But, there is no connection to be made. All the channels she could use are exhausted. The dealer knows, GM knows. Unfortunately, its all up to the dealer right now...
    How can we know that all the channel's are exhausted?Maybe there is someone inside the GM who can do something? And GM is not an individual, it is an organization with its own bureaucracy. Not all people inside the GM or Cadillac are accessible by calling GM's and Cadillac customer service lines....
    TWD3 and TWD3 like this.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)
    That was kind of his point.
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.