Check engine light came on - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Check engine light came on in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hey big jim what is a 327 elm bluetooth dongle...
    CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    Hey big jim what is a 327 elm bluetooth dongle

USAFRET is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe A6 w/RECARO's

Re: Check engine light came on

Quote Originally Posted by CavemanB52 View Post
    Hey big jim what is a 327 elm bluetooth dongle
    I know several Corvette buddies with these gizmo's. Streams cars info from the ODBII port to your BT phone, even allows codes to be read and cleared via the phone.

When they work, they are marvelous.

Chosenone is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS V

Well the check engine light came on again. It just about 3 months for it to come back on. I went down and had the code reset again and it came back on within 5 days. Any thoughts or ideas? Dirty MAF, or should I finally just bite the bullet and take it to a repair shop?

CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    What was the code for. It might be the type of gas. I had that problem with the gas out west. Didnt like the low octane. Could only find 91. I bought a Diablo Trinity. I can now see the code and explaination of what it is. Clear it myself if its benign. Pretty handy and a relief to see it was just crapy gas and not something serious. I've found that if I use Chevron it doesn't throw the code anymore even though I always use TopTier gasoline. And obviously the highest octane available.

montgb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Does no one use Google? P0174 means A/F mixture is running too lean. I would swap the the Hennessy CAI for stock and see if that clears things up.

Also, is your Borla cat-back or axle-back?

Chosenone is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS V

Let me add this, so the light came back on Sunday afternoon. I went to work that is about 10 miles away and parked car for the whole day. Went home Monday night, remote started my car and no check engine light anymore. It hasnt came on since and I have driven my car 4 times since then and hasnt come back on yet. Why would the light go off when I did nothing to adjust whatever made it come on in the first place. Also I do run the premium grade gas but I do live on West Coast and no gas even premium can be bad sometimes. I have the Borla Cat Back Exhaust

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Chosenone View Post
    Let me add this, so the light came back on Sunday afternoon. I went to work that is about 10 miles away and parked car for the whole day. Went home Monday night, remote started my car and no check engine light anymore. It hasnt came on since and I have driven my car 4 times since then and hasnt come back on yet. Why would the light go off when I did nothing to adjust whatever made it come on in the first place. Also I do run the premium grade gas but I do live on West Coast and no gas even premium can be bad sometimes. I have the Borla Cat Back Exhaust
    Hello Chosenone,

I apologize that your check engine light has come on again. If you do decide to take your CTS-V to a dealership and would like my assistance, please message me and I would be happy to speak to the dealership on your behalf. Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.