NJ, NY, PA, DE Area V Meet at NJMP April 20th or 21st
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, NJ, NY, PA, DE Area V Meet at NJMP April 20th or 21st in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I was talking with Alan of CTS V Racing ( www.ctsvracing.com ) and the driver of the Patriot Missile over ...
    BigDog001 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Black Diamond V Coupe

NJ, NY, PA, DE Area V Meet at NJMP April 20th or 21st

I was talking with Alan of CTS V Racing (www.ctsvracing.com) and the driver of the Patriot Missile over this past weekend - Alan is planning to be at the NASA NE (www.nasane.com) Season Kick Off at New Jersey Motorsports Park for (www.NJMP.com) April 20th and 21st. NJMP is in Millville, NJ in located Southern NJ. We were thinking that this might be a great opportunity to bring together the growing number of local V owners (NJ, NY, PA and DE) to meet each other at this event. I believe Alan is planning to send out a more formal announcement in the very near future, so watch for that from CTSV Racing.

For those of you that might be curious about experiencing how your car handles on the track, there is a mid-day Hyperdrive session where you can get your car on the track in a very controlled session (about 4 or 5 laps) with an instructor riding with you to keep you out of trouble – that is a how I got started last year … I can honestly say it was some serious fun to see how well these cars handle … legally.

Please reply to this thread if you are interested in meeting over this weekend, we are thinking that Sunday 4/21 is the better day to meet–at this point I believe Alan (and probably myself) are planning to be there for both days of the Kick-off.

Jim

Potential attendees as of March 20, 2013:

Lee H - New Jersey
    Haze - Philadelphia
    TheDarkKnight -- ??
    JWBHOLE

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the blur is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: NJ, NY, PA, DE Area V Meet at NJMP April 20th or 21st

Does NJ still have the closed face helmet law ?

I honestly do not know -- I know some drivers had open face helmets on last year -- I use a closed face helmet.

Haze is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS V Wagon

I am definitely interested in meeting some other owners and maybe getting my car around the track for a lap or two if there is an instructor. I have never taken a car on the track, and I would be curious. Would a motorcycle helmet be OK to bring? I have one of those. Even without the on track time, I am still interested. It would be nice to meet.

the blur is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

NJ has the strickest helmet laws in the country.

I'm still curious. Is there a functional difference between a full face Motorcycle helmet and a full face race helmet?

LeeH is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Haze View Post
    I'm still curious. Is there a functional difference between a full face Motorcycle helmet and a full face race helmet?
    DOT stickered helmets probably won't work. It has to have the snell label inside the helmet.
    You can look up your helmet at http://www.smf.org/cert to see if it is snell certified.

Having said that, I would be interested in going!

TheDarkKnight is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    I'm interested

I am definitely interested in meeting some other owners and maybe getting my car around the track for a lap or two if there is an instructor. I have never taken a car on the track, and I would be curious. Would a motorcycle helmet be OK to bring? I have one of those. Even without the on track time, I am still interested. It would be nice to meet.
    NASA NE has helmets that can be used on the hyperdrive -- look on line you need to sign up for the event online if you want to participate -- there is a cost to participate and you might have to join NASA -- but that is all on the NASANE site. Alan is talking to NASA to see if there can be discounts for Cadillacs that participate. I do not know if a motorcycle is acceptable -- it does need a SNELL rating and any Helmet will be inspected when the car is has a Tech inspection. All cars need have this done if they are going on the track.

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Yes. Motorcycle helmets do not have fire protection...

ctsvracingalan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Silver CTSV Sedan

I would hope to see more Vs a the track this season any one interested feel free to contact me also please go to our web site and sign up for our email list so you will know when we are at the tracks in your area.

CTSVRacing.com

----------

Any event you want to join us i would gladly instruct you and all are welcome for a ride in the Patriot Missile you will never be the same!!

----------

One great thing about NJMP is the go carts we have a lot of fun going carting.

jwbhole is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon ThunderGray, Six Speed

I am interested in the NJMP event. I am picking up my V-wagon this weekend. Just don't know if it will have the breakin mileage by then. NJMP is fun. I've had my M5 on the track. We should contact them to see about really doing more of a track day than just a few laps. I'd be interested. JWBH

Thanks for all the answers about my helmet. It is SNELL rated, but I will look it up to see if it would work.

Also, Alan thanks for the warm welcome. I will think about this, and maybe the thing for me to do is just stop by and check it out in person and maybe meet a few folks.

Quote Originally Posted by jwbhole View Post
    I am interested in the NJMP event. I am picking up my V-wagon this weekend. Just don't know if it will have the breakin mileage by then. NJMP is fun. I've had my M5 on the track. We should contact them to see about really doing more of a track day than just a few laps. I'd be interested. JWBH
    Good luck with the Vagon - you will enjoy -- post a picture when you get it! I will add your name to the potential attendees -- I do that by adding those interested to the initial thread I started. I have ridden with Alan it is a thrill you will never forget.

Alan took first place at Chuckawilla for Round 2 of the Cadilllac Challenge yesterday -- here is a link to the face book entry:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.