D3 Cadillac - shocked - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
Like Tree20Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, D3 Cadillac - shocked in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I think that they're just fine....
    baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

Re: D3 Cadillac - shocked

I think that they're just fine.

Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V

Unfortunately, this guy doesn't appear to be ordering parts that D3 doesn't carry, to say nothing about how utterly ridiculous it is to treat a potential customer like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Little guy View Post
    Got an estimate over phone for pulley and water-meth on my 06 STS V on monday. Called Wednesday to make appointment, d3 was busy, they told me to call in 2 weeks. Called in two weeks, made appointment for following Monday and of course I called d3 on Friday to confirm for Monday. I show up on Monday (both me and my ride wasted a sick day) they tell me that their out of stock on STS V pulleys, WTF. Then some guy out of nowhere (d3 crew) goes port the blower! Not only did your service SUCKED, but now you're trying to sell me something cuz you're out of stock on what I really want. d3 just wants lame as justin bieber types dropping 20k fast, Instead of servicing real necks.
    Telling this guy that a potential solution is to order parts--parts that D3 carries--in an effort to (I suppose) manage their disorganized operations is head-shaking.

Witch hunt?

Hardly...

The fact of the matter is that certain D3 customers, especially on this forum, will say ANYTHING to defend their vendor, even in the face of patently horrible actions/service. Unless this poster is not telling the truth, how the hell you D3-lovers can even open your mouths is utterly amazing to me. You absolutely cannot defend those actions, period.

Rule12b is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Sedan

Luna you are a tool. Keep twisting what I say to match your tortured viewpoint. I commented on a post by Gary Wells that had you opening your big stupid yap, and a couple of other people obviously NOT getting his point. So I clarified from my experience, which on whole, has been good with D3, and extensive over the years. I'm not even defending shit, just clarifying your attempts to manipulate what GW had to say to fit your ongoing with hunt. I really feel sorry for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rule12b View Post
    Luna you are a tool. Keep twisting what I say to match your tortured viewpoint. I commented on a post by Gary Wells that had you opening your big stupid yap, and a couple of other people obviously NOT getting his point. So I clarified from my experience, which on whole, has been good with D3, and extensive over the years. I'm not even defending shit, just clarifying your attempts to manipulate what GW had to say to fit your ongoing with hunt. I really feel sorry for you.
    I will continue to post and make you look like the biased dumbass that you are whether you like it or not. I could care less if it gets your vagina all in a knot.

The fact of the matter is this guy posted his terrible experience with D3. Gary then replied that D3 has generally asked him to buy the parts & then schedule an appointment. Those are the facts and they are indisputable.

Now, pay attention here, as this may get confusing for you...

Either Gary was posting this because he was recommending this as a way of successfully dealing with D3, &, by extension, a solution to the poster's problem, or it was a horribly random post, easily misinterpreted.

Then, you chime in with brilliant comments like,
    I don't think you guys are getting it. If they don't stock the parts on hand, you order them according to what you want. When they arrive at D3, they will install. Jesus.
    , which appears to be completely irrelevant as the parts were in fact stocked by D3 (if the OP is lying, that's a different discussion, but it sure as hell doesn't seem like it).

Oh, and please explain how that and this

They furnish parts that they carry, and source things the customer wants that they do not, like in my case, certain heads and a particular cam. They order them for me and I pay. When they arrive, the car goes in for the work. What is so hard to fathom here? If it isn't a part out of their catalog, or something where I am deferring to their judgment call on associated significant parts (rockers, rods, whatever) that they must order in for me, why shouldn't I pay for those items up front? They won't ask you to order up spark plugs or fluids or bullshit like that. C'mon.
    are NOT defending D3...

Unless, I suppose, you meant to reply only to Tinman, but that would be the most moronic tangent I can think of. Further, if this was the case, it's just another attempt by you to defend D3 and how they operate. Standard operating procedure for you...

"I'm not even defending shit"

Umm, yeah you are...rofl

RapidRob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual

!!!

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Hello,

Hmm, this is interesting and seems very strange. I would like to look into this as we never make appointments unless we have the items in stock or en-route. We are currently out of stock on the STS-V pulley and we have been for several weeks. We are producing additional units now, but you certainly shouldn't have been given a scheduled install date or time for your vehicle. This would have been indicated to you prior to even scheduling an appointment with our staff. When did you say you called and when was your install date scheduled? I don't see anything for a pending STS-V pulley install. You indicated you came in when? The last STS-V that came into the shop was for wheels and tires... In addition to that he already had a pulley on his car. It would appear that you are new to the forums and this is your first post.... The STS-V section of the forum would have been better suited if you needed information regarding STS-V pulley products and install.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Little guy View Post
    Got an estimate over phone for pulley and water-meth on my 06 STS V on monday. Called Wednesday to make appointment, d3 was busy, they told me to call in 2 weeks. Called in two weeks, made appointment for following Monday and of course I called d3 on Friday to confirm for Monday. I show up on Monday (both me and my ride wasted a sick day) they tell me that their out of stock on STS V pulleys, WTF. Then some guy out of nowhere (d3 crew) goes port the blower! Not only did your service SUCKED, but now you're trying to sell me something cuz you're out of stock on what I really want. d3 just wants lame as justin bieber types dropping 20k fast, Instead of servicing real necks.

__________________________________________________ ______________

Good morning, Your CF account is activated. Please use the Profile and Settings tabs to update your profile to reflect proper birth date, approximate location, car owned and time zone - or do you really live in London - GMT ?

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna. View Post
    Unfortunately, this guy doesn't appear to be ordering parts that D3 doesn't carry, to say nothing about how utterly ridiculous it is to treat a potential customer like this:

Telling this guy that a potential solution is to order parts--parts that D3 carries--in an effort to (I suppose) manage their disorganized operations is head-shaking.

Witch hunt?

Hardly...

The fact of the matter is that certain D3 customers, especially on this forum, will say ANYTHING to defend their vendor, even in the face of patently horrible actions/service. Unless this poster is not telling the truth, how the hell you D3-lovers can even open your mouths is utterly amazing to me. You absolutely cannot defend those actions, period.
    Luna, I'm not going to argue for or against D3. But, you taking the word of a 1 post newbie and saying D3 has such-and-such problem is very foolhardy...

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Luna, I'm not going to argue for or against D3. But, you taking the word of a 1 post newbie and saying D3 has such-and-such problem is very foolhardy...
    Uhh, no. I have no idea what you are reading.

I am simply amazed at the replies by certain D3 lovers, nothing more. I never once echoed a sentiment guaranteeing the veracity, or lack thereof, of this poster. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't have said a single word if that post went un-responded to.

If you can't see that, sorry.

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

RWHP & RWTQ is my bitch or will be, I love both D3 in Signal Hill & Hennessey Performance Engineering, Lake Forest facility. The Texas facility too.
    Guess that I am a freak or something.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna. View Post

Yes, they are a very disorganized lot. This is not surprising in the least.

Wow....just WOW...
    What are YOU talking about, Luna? The guy has ONE post and it could be anyone making an account and making stuff up. The post was out of the blue and was not a new thread.

You were the second to respond and took his story and have given it credit.

You of all people know I am not a D3 schill and have even taken my shots at them in the past for what I thought was underwhelming product.

If you want to go against them based on merit, I could not care less. But taking stories at face value from a 1 post drive-by? Foolishness...

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    What are YOU talking about, Luna? The guy has ONE post and it could be anyone making an account and making stuff up. The post was out of the blue and was not a new thread.

You were the second to respond and took his story and have given it credit.

You of all people know I am not a D3 schill and have even taken my shots at them in the past for what I thought was underwhelming product.

If you want to go against them based on merit, I could not care less. But taking stories at face value from a 1 post drive-by? Foolishness...
    I know for a fact they are a disorganized lot and can prove it regardless of this story being true or not. Further, saying that it's not surprising that someone experienced that with them is nowhere near, "accepting it as truth." As a matter of fact, I specifically said, & I quote, "if the OP is lying, that's a different discussion..." & "Unless this poster is not telling the truth..." Do note, however, I did experience very similar timing issues with them, so no, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

That, however, completely misses the point.

"Wow, just wow" was in response to this:

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Wells View Post
    When dealing with D3 they generally have asked
    me to buy the parts & then schedule an appointment.
    I have found this works very well with them.
    This comment was pretty much what generated most/all of the subsequent discussion.

Want to know what's foolish? Saying that I'm representing that Little guy's comment is fact. That's foolish...

Now, if you'd like to continue this discussion, PM me

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

Not necessary, James.
    I just happened to have the headers already.
    I also already had the AlkyControl kit.
    D3 did tell me that if I wanted them to do the install on a "AeroForce" gage to buy what I want and take it to them.
    I have no problems with that philosophy depending upon part, cost, availability, etc., etc.
    Quite a few speed shops, not necessarily D3 only, prefer the customer to buy the product.

Rule12b is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Sedan

Luna just can't stand it that ANYONE, such as myself and others here, have had an ongoing good experience with D3. Talk about a biased Vag, give me a break. What a pederast. Should be "Loony" not "Luna".

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Wells View Post
    Not necessary, James.
    I just happened to have the headers already.
    I also already had the AlkyControl kit.
    D3 did tell me that if I wanted them to do the install on a "AeroForce" gage to buy what I want and take it to them.
    I have no problems with that philosophy depending upon part, cost, availability, etc., etc.
    Quite a few speed shops, not necessarily D3 only, prefer the customer to buy the product.
    Cue Loony to twist this into a statement about what a terrible misleading shop D3 is. . .hahahaha

pillaplease is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan
    I think this should show that the OP is/was lying and in my personal opinion I'd have to say that the OP is a rat hole account for someone to get the flame war restarted on a vendor that someone is disappointed with. I can appreciate the person having the bad experience to give a bad review, and those with good experiences to give good reviews but I can't for the life of me understand why people dedicate their online existence to flaming someone/something.

May just be me but I don't expect everyone to be happy with me and I can't expect every person to be happy with a vendor. Some people are just un-pleasable (not a word). I think all those twisted up in this need to take a giant step back... (Tropic Thunder fans could finish this quote.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Design
    Hello, Hmm, this is interesting and seems very strange. I would like to look into this as we never make appointments unless we have the items in stock or en-route. We are currently out of stock on the STS-V pulley and we have been for several weeks. We are producing additional units now, but you certainly shouldn't have been given a scheduled install date or time for your vehicle. This would have been indicated to you prior to even scheduling an appointment with our staff. When did you say you called and when was your install date scheduled? I don't see anything for a pending STS-V pulley install. You indicated you came in when? The last STS-V that came into the shop was for wheels and tires... In addition to that he already had a pulley on his car. It would appear that you are new to the forums and this is your first post.... The STS-V section of the forum would have been better suited if you needed information regarding STS-V pulley products and install. Thank you, Dr. Design D3 Cadillac
    Rule12b likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.