D3 Cadillac - shocked - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, D3 Cadillac - shocked in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; LoL it's been a long winter.....the natives are restless. Nothing a simple tire melting trip around the block wont cure....
    NAX-121 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V: 07 EXT: 05 EXT: 05 Ram SRT-10rc: 800hp NORDIC Boat

Re: D3 Cadillac - shocked

LoL it's been a long winter.....the natives are restless. Nothing a simple tire melting trip around the block wont cure.

hansumtoad is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Well..... its been nine (9) months since a post was made. That's time enough to bring a child into the world. Were any of the issues raised here addressed. Was a hood delivered. Did it fit? Did your engine crater from water entering onto the block? WHAT THE HEY HOO HAPPENED?

Gary Wells is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

Well, on D3 I just had a very pleasant experience and I will be posting it up in the next few days.
    Currently awaiting Hennessey Performance Engineering 9.5" lower pulley installation, & retuning for meth.

Baginoman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTSV Sedan

Also going to have my V go in at D3, and so far they have more than helpful.

RogersV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V, Crystal Red, Auto

Quote Originally Posted by RogersV View Post
    I order a hood, (different one than TX_Conda) on February 2nd and D3 said it would be 3 - 4 weeks. I called them on the 25th an the person who took the order, (Ro) said it will be ready by the end of this week, that's March 1st. From what I've heard here, this might not happen, I will post here concerning what happens. Don't let Dr. Design snow you, he answered an email before they got the money but not after.
    The above quote was from 2-27-13 Post #28. D3 or whoever makes it for them shipped it on 3-20-13, that's about seven weeks. I have bought other after market hoods in the past at half the price that had much better fit and finish than this D3 air inlet hood. It was way over priced for the quality you get.

Rmd
    Rmd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS v wagon

Hey guys, Gevork went to Renick Motorsport Division after quitting D3. He's doing sick work over here. Our boss built him a sick work shop with cnc machines and 4 lifts. I am sure he can address some of your issues. Here is his email gev@renickautogroup.com

Little guy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Got an estimate over phone for pulley and water-meth on my 06 STS V on monday. Called Wednesday to make appointment, d3 was busy, they told me to call in 2 weeks. Called in two weeks, made appointment for following Monday and of course I called d3 on Friday to confirm for Monday. I show up on Monday (both me and my ride wasted a sick day) they tell me that their out of stock on STS V pulleys, WTF. Then some guy out of nowhere (d3 crew) goes port the blower! Not only did your service SUCKED, but now you're trying to sell me something cuz you're out of stock on what I really want. d3 just wants lame as justin bieber types dropping 20k fast, Instead of servicing real necks.

__________________________________________________ ______________

Good morning, Your CF account is activated. Please use the Profile and Settings tabs to update your profile to reflect proper birth date, approximate location, car owned and time zone - or do you really live in London - GMT ?

When dealing with D3 they generally have asked
    me to buy the parts & then schedule an appointment.
    I have found this works very well with them.

Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Little guy View Post
    Got an estimate over phone for pulley and water-meth on my 06 STS V on monday. Called Wednesday to make appointment, d3 was busy, they told me to call in 2 weeks. Called in two weeks, made appointment for following Monday and of course I called d3 on Friday to confirm for Monday. I show up on Monday (both me and my ride wasted a sick day) they tell me that their out of stock on STS V pulleys, WTF. Then some guy out of nowhere (d3 crew) goes port the blower! Not only did your service SUCKED, but now you're trying to sell me something cuz you're out of stock on what I really want. d3 just wants lame as justin bieber types dropping 20k fast, Instead of servicing real necks.

Yes, they are a very disorganized lot. This is not surprising in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Wells View Post
    When dealing with D3 they generally have asked
    me to buy the parts
    & then schedule an appointment.
    I have found this works very well with them.
    Wow....just WOW...

seeet vv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTSV, ESC. EXT

imagine any other business. A plumber comes to your house and tells you to buy a pvc elbow and glue first from him and when he has time he will
    install it.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

I own my custom metal fabrication business. If a customer brings his own metal for us to fabricate, well, it just doesn't sit right with us.

This is not your normal "business model".

Rule12b is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Sedan

I don't think you guys are getting it. If they don't stock the parts on hand, you order them according to what you want. When they arrive at D3, they will install. Jesus.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Quote Originally Posted by Rule12b View Post
    I don't think you guys are getting it. If they don't stock the parts on hand, you order them according to what you want. When they arrive at D3, they will install. Jesus.
    Furnish labor AND parts is the idea here. They are missing out on a profit point. If they ordered the parts and sold them to you at cost plus markup, then they stand to benefit. I don't take my spark plugs into my dealer and pay them labor only to install them (although they still will make a handsome profit!).

Well, at least James Gill & D3 are not the victims of a witch hunt.
    Rule12b likes this.

Rule12b is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    Furnish labor AND parts is the idea here. They are missing out on a profit point. If they ordered the parts and sold them to you at cost plus markup, then they stand to benefit. I don't take my spark plugs into my dealer and pay them labor only to install them (although they still will make a handsome profit!).
    They furnish parts that they carry, and source things the customer wants that they do not, like in my case, certain heads and a particular cam. They order them for me and I pay. When they arrive, the car goes in for the work. What is so hard to fathom here? If it isn't a part out of their catalog, or something where I am deferring to their judgment call on associated significant parts (rockers, rods, whatever) that they must order in for me, why shouldn't I pay for those items up front? They won't ask you to order up spark plugs or fluids or bullshit like that. C'mon.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.