D3 Cadillac - shocked - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, D3 Cadillac - shocked in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Rule12b.....you said Homer.....LMAO. Hey guys I just wanted to express that my experiences with D3 are much the same as ...
    NAX-121 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V: 07 EXT: 05 EXT: 05 Ram SRT-10rc: 800hp NORDIC Boat

Re: D3 Cadillac - shocked

Rule12b.....you said Homer.....LMAO. Hey guys I just wanted to express that my experiences with D3 are much the same as Rule12b. Over the last year I've had a lot of interaction with D3 and their shop as I've raced in the Cadillac Challenge series. What I have to express is that things never always go perfectly but hands down they(D3) have always stepped up and taken care of me the customer. In the off season I've been fortunate enough to peruse moving forward on obtaining my certs to obtain my Pro Drivers Card for a series I hope to be running in next year. I've lately seen what other guys who own/race other types of vehicles deal with on the aftermarket end of things and its truly been an eye opener. I can only laugh at those who complain about D3 pricing (which in some cases I can see why) but ive seen the cost of keeping some of these Porsche's, Vett's, and Bimmers competitive on the track and D3 is right in line with theses other aftermarket companies who support brand specific and or race/track purpose built parts. In most cases D3 is a deal in this world. I can only give my perspective based upon my interactions. Im not in your shoes TX Conda and I can only say that they will make it right. D3 has become a partner with GM and for those who dont understand that is huge for the V community. No other aftermarket company to my knowledge has been able to accomplish that feat. And Im sure that has come with a huge innital demand for parts production on a scale D3 never imagined. I will always be grateful and vocal of the support and help that James,Tim,Greg,Ro and the rest of the guys at D3 have given me and the parts for my vehicle that have made me competitive. A year ago I'd have thought you were nuts if you said Id be working towards my Pro card now. Had it not been for D3 I most likely wouldn't be.

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Hello,

So much for seeing this before it turned into a dog pile. But we will wade through what we can.

For the OP, I believe your situation is being taken care of. If not, then certainly feel free to keep this as an open line of communication seeing that you have our attention here. I'm not personally involved in your order and trust that Tim will get you taken care of. We will make the situation right! For what it's worth, we have an extremely difficult time keeping those hoods in stock. I'd be willing to bet its the best hood on the market for the Cadillac applications in terms of fit, finish, and quality. Now if we can just get you your darn hood, it would prove itself to you.

qictrk - We offered to pick your car up on a transporter at no charge to you and look back over the vehicle. You elected not to. We made good efforts to make your experience a positive one.

1madstsv - If this is the car I am thinking of, it's been out of our hands for years and changed ownership a few times. We have no control over how people treat their cars when they leave here.

MIRINCTSV - If you would like to come down to our facility and see our operation, I can assure you that we are certainly not defined by forum posts and isolated situations.

turbol15 - Obviously we would have to disagree with your statement. Those companies usually go out of business. We have been around long enough to see companies come and go. Admittedly we may be slow in response time via phone and email. But we certainly do not do what you have suggested we do. We are looking to drastically expand our operation in 2013 to address the customer service response times and ability to quickly fill orders.

Stillborn - Thank you for bringing a sense of humor to the party.

p.s. Just so everyone knows. We aren't foolish to think we are perfect in any way, shape or form in terms of customer service and product offerings. But we will continue to strive for that in everything we do. We want to share our passion for Cadillac vehicles through our work and our offerings. Unfortunately we may stumble, trip, or fall. That's okay, we are human. But we will always get up and continue to push forward and reach for perfection. Who we are today will not be who we are tomorrow. We are constantly working to become better in everything we do.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Unleash the beast is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS V, Auto, Sunroof, CAI, Headers, Tune, Badass

Guess I am fortunate to be close, but I don't think they treat you by your distance from them. They have always been upfront and their service was excellent. Not only at their shop, but on the phone and at car meets. They do an excellent job and they will continue to do so in my opinion.

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

FWIW, I've had D3 do some work on my '09 CTS-V and I have been very happy with both their work and the cost of that work.

turbol15 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 97 eldo,2011 cts-v

funny how they are quick to reply when its something negative.

V-Roll is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Originally Posted by V-Roll
    I lost you after reading "thank you for reading my email"... Pick up the phone & call 'em. What is wrong with people these days.

"I guess you also got lost after reading only that post. I had zero issues seeing that he made a number of calls.

What is wrong with people these days?"

Mr. Burgundy is just upset 'cause something I pointed out in a previous post, shoulda kept it there Ron! Now go eat a burrito & stay classy. I was just trying to say to either pickup the phone which nobody does these days maybe not in your case whatever or keep the email short to the point & sweet as to get the possibly ADHD person's attention. Keep it light hearted people you only live once.

Rule12b is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by turbol15 View Post
    Are you implying they should be quick to reply to scoop up accolades?!? Seriously man, move out of your parent's basement, maybe even kiss a girl.

TX_Conda is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Dr. Design - thanks for stepping into this mess, glad you're here. And on that note, I guess you're now involved by association at the least. I say that both in jest and all seriousness. And you said, now that I have your attention, (you, Tim, etc) I am sure it will get rectified. After all, besides the items - getting some attention, as in better service, is all I wanted for a few months. I'm not here to vilify D3, I just shared my experience and frustration. It was great to have Tim on the phone, I hope and believe he'll come through.

So you know, I had ordered the hood, front splitter, rear diffuser, LED air inlet fogs, and one other set (side skirts or something). I heard what Tim said about the hood and I know the issue from the dealer's perspective. Where I left it with Tim, and I hope he will be able to deliver, is to send all but the hood, contact dealer, with tracking and invoice and then I believe we'll have confidence on the hood element.

I don't expect or need you to get involved, Tim's got it I'm sure. I just wanted you to know too. Tim and I were on the same page today but I have no idea if he contacted 21CMC or not with items to ship. He knows how to reach me if there's any update or change to what we agreed to. Thanks.

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

Quote Originally Posted by turbol15 View Post
    That's sort of like standard policy for businesses.
    Are you saying that you would have done otherwise?

qictrk is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Design View Post
    Hello,

So much for seeing this before it turned into a dog pile. But we will wade through what we can.

For the OP, I believe your situation is being taken care of. If not, then certainly feel free to keep this as an open line of communication seeing that you have our attention here. I'm not personally involved in your order and trust that Tim will get you taken care of. We will make the situation right! For what it's worth, we have an extremely difficult time keeping those hoods in stock. I'd be willing to bet its the best hood on the market for the Cadillac applications in terms of fit, finish, and quality. Now if we can just get you your darn hood, it would prove itself to you.

qictrk - We offered to pick your car up on a transporter at no charge to you and look back over the vehicle. You elected not to. We made good efforts to make your experience a positive one.

1madstsv - If this is the car I am thinking of, it's been out of our hands for years and changed ownership a few times. We have no control over how people treat their cars when they leave here.

MIRINCTSV - If you would like to come down to our facility and see our operation, I can assure you that we are certainly not defined by forum posts and isolated situations.

turbol15 - Obviously we would have to disagree with your statement. Those companies usually go out of business. We have been around long enough to see companies come and go. Admittedly we may be slow in response time via phone and email. But we certainly do not do what you have suggested we do. We are looking to drastically expand our operation in 2013 to address the customer service response times and ability to quickly fill orders.

Stillborn - Thank you for bringing a sense of humor to the party.

p.s. Just so everyone knows. We aren't foolish to think we are perfect in any way, shape or form in terms of customer service and product offerings. But we will continue to strive for that in everything we do. We want to share our passion for Cadillac vehicles through our work and our offerings. Unfortunately we may stumble, trip, or fall. That's okay, we are human. But we will always get up and continue to push forward and reach for perfection. Who we are today will not be who we are tomorrow. We are constantly working to become better in everything we do.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac
    NOT TRUE, D3. You tried some things like change the program in my ECM to match someone else's vehicle that had the same work done. I sent my ECM to you and after you got
    through with it, you shipped it back. In the end, your phone man, told me that he thought it was because I changed the CAI from yours to another brand. I put the old one back on
    and still had a problem. You never said to send the car over. I finally drove it to a shop that is about a 2 hr drive for me and had it re-tuned for an additional $500 and they found that one
    of the new injectors that you installed failed. I then bough another new set and after they were installed, it has run great. Sorry James, my memory is not that bad. I think Ray was
    your front man that I dealt with. Since you brought this crap up, I will mention to everyone that it also took your company 3 months to finally get my new hood installed right.
    I realize that I was the first one for the hood, but I never thought that it would take that long. Thats a long time for you to hold my car hostage. You told me that it would take
    4 to 6 weeks. You didn't even give a discount for making me having to wait so long. Cecil..................
    Luna., Stillborn and Stillborn like this.

Mike02z is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan Black Raven 6 speed manual

As I said, they reached out to the OP only after they got wind of this thread. Then they post "He's all set" sure, now he is. Let's them post like they are the hero's here. Would they have responded to the OP without this thread? Make up you own mind. I know what I think.

Actually that is quite the contrary. The customer was called after we got the email. It wasn't until later we saw this email plastered on the forums. Unfortunately we don't spend a bunch of time on the forums monitoring. But thank you for your opinion.

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Mike02z View Post
    As I said, they reached out to the OP only after they got wind of this thread. Then they post "He's all set" sure, now he is. Let's them post like they are the hero's here. Would they have responded to the OP without this thread? Make up you own mind. I know what I think.

----------

This has already been covered in your original post, but I will copy what we posted then.

Our initial response was this:

Re: My negative evaluation of D3 (kinda long)

Hello Cecil,

We are sorry your experience was less than stellar. We wish this could have been resolved in a better manner. We are not quite sure what would have changed between our facility and your location to cause such a dramatic decrease in performance as you describe. Quite frankly this is the first we are hearing about the degradation in power upon immediately driving it. Had that been the case we would have loaded it right back on a transporter and figured out what was going on. It was our understanding the performance of the vehicle dropped off after you added the intake and the exhaust, thus altering the parameters of the tune. Keep in mind that we scale the MAF according to our intake. Unfortunately it might not be the same with all intakes. On the dyno and through data logs there were NO signs of hung injectors and the car pulled very hard. The car would have never left here if there was an issue like that.

We are not interested in hearing one shops claim against another sources because nobody truly knows the actual intent. Nor are we interested in trying to compare dyno numbers from one dyno to another as the variables are already different. We spoke with your tuner several times about the combination and the conversation was much different then how the picture is being painted right now. But let's not dwell in the past. If there is an issue with your car and there is something that D3 did that needs to be addressed I will send a transporter and pick it up no questions asked. We get shipped cars from all over the country and even ship cars internationally. We take very special time and attention to details when setting up these cars as it is VERY expensive to ship cars back and forth if something was missed. I can assure you the vehicle left here at full power as it was or it would not have shipped. We would have at least liked to have been given the opportunity to make it right or see what was going on before you made alterations to the build...

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...inda-long.html

Quote Originally Posted by qictrk View Post
    NOT TRUE, D3. You tried some things like change the program in my ECM to match someone else's vehicle that had the same work done. I sent my ECM to you and after you got
    through with it, you shipped it back. In the end, your phone man, told me that he thought it was because I changed the CAI from yours to another brand. I put the old one back on
    and still had a problem. You never said to send the car over. I finally drove it to a shop that is about a 2 hr drive for me and had it re-tuned for an additional $500 and they found that one
    of the new injectors that you installed failed. I then bough another new set and after they were installed, it has run great. Sorry James, my memory is not that bad. I think Ray was
    your front man that I dealt with. Since you brought this crap up, I will mention to everyone that it also took your company 3 months to finally get my new hood installed right.
    I realize that I was the first one for the hood, but I never thought that it would take that long. Thats a long time for you to hold my car hostage. You told me that it would take
    4 to 6 weeks. You didn't even give a discount for making me having to wait so long. Cecil..................
    As for the original post. We have been in touch with vendor and the customer. They have now paid their invoices and we are shipping out products. We will let the customer share his experience if he so chooses from this point forward.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

jb7952 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1974 Eldo conv., 2010 SRX, 2011 CTS-V Wagon

Glad to have caught this thread. I was just looking at hoods last night and considering the D3 hood in spite of it's price. After seeing the weaponx hood and the difference in price, looks to be a no brainer. I don't have any customer experience to compare against D3's, but it certainly doesn't sound that they have a stellar record, that is for certain.

Rule12b is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by jb7952 View Post
    Glad to have caught this thread. I was just looking at hoods last night and considering the D3 hood in spite of it's price. After seeing the weaponx hood and the difference in price, looks to be a no brainer. I don't have any customer experience to compare against D3's, but it certainly doesn't sound that they have a stellar record, that is for certain.
    With any vendor, you'll have competing experiences posted on the boards. I have zero experience with WeaponX, so it might be great, but I've seen enough of the D3 hoods in action to speak for their quality. Keeping them in stock seems to be their biggest problem. From a looks standpoint, I actually might prefer the Weaponx hood, but if it's functionality, i.e. venting heat, it's no contest, the D3 design is superior imo. Depends on your goal. Good luck either way!

Hello,

I think it should be pointed out the D3 hood is a full carbon fiber hood that is unmatched in quality, fit, finish, functionality, and design. The Team Cadillac Racing team designed the original hood with function in mind, which was one of the design criteria when we designed our motorsports hood. Our goal was to create a superior without compromise in quality or materials. The result is a true full C/F hood inside and out. not a glass hood with C/F overlay. There IS a difference in price because there IS a difference product.

Unfortunately D3 is not batting 1000%, no company is. However we will continue to make improvements to our products and operation.

Here are some images of the underside of our REAL carbon fiber hood.

Please let us know if there are any questions.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by jb7952 View Post

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.