D3 Cadillac - shocked - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, D3 Cadillac - shocked in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; 21st CMC is top notch as we all know. These other guys, from what others have said, Wow !!!!! Seems ...
    musclecar6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 V sedan crystal red/ light titanium A6, 2010 GS LPE 650

Re: D3 Cadillac - shocked

21st CMC is top notch as we all know. These other guys, from what others have said, Wow !!!!!
    Seems like run don't walk is in order.
    TX_Conda and TX_Conda like this.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by V-Roll View Post
    I lost you after reading "thank you for reading my email"... Pick up the phone & call 'em. What is wrong with people these days.
    I guess you also got lost after reading only that post. I had zero issues seeing that he made a number of calls.

What is wrong with people these days?

TX_Conda is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

In complete fairness to those involved I received a call from Tim at D3 last night. I just spoke to him. I will update later because this is developing but wanted to be sure and let anyone reading that D3 has at least acknowledged.

MIRINCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member

good thing i saw this thread, my '13 v is coming soon and ive been looking around for a tuner to get some mods done

d3 is fairly close to me, but after modding several cars and dealing with enough shady business people I know I never want to put up with this bs again

from what i can tell online d3 is knowledgable and have made some amazing cars, but if this is the real deal about their customer service then Im not going to even bother with them

i think it's interesting to note that it seemed like their website was down/hacked for a while (at least according to my norton web plugin)

Rule12b is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Sedan

Well, all I can say is that I've worked with reputable shops for a '64 Sting Ray, and one of the best shops in the world for a massive 300 ZX Twin Turbo build. While those experiences were great, they pale in comparison to my excellent experiences with D3. My experience may be what it is because I'm local, but I hate to see these threads when they run so completely counter to my own experience with their products and their service. If you look at my history, you'll see I'm a fan but no homer; I call it like I see it.

I also know that the custom performance market is seldom easily managed. The volume of calls, emails, and orders coming into D3 is immense, and I'm betting that they are working out the kinks in handling a business that is rapidly growing. Believe me when I tell you though, they put a LOT of energy and commitment into their products and the CTS-V marque.

I'm not here necessarily to defend. Simply to offer a different experience that I've had with a lot of background for comparison. Their products aren't necessarily cheap, but I have found them to be worth every penny.

I hope the OP gets his issues sorted out. With Tim on the case, I suspect he will.

turbol15 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 97 eldo,2011 cts-v

we all dont live around the block from d3. and they should respect each and every one of us. but they are just like the other run of the mill companies. they grab your money and screw you to death.

Quote Originally Posted by turbol15 View Post
    we all dont live around the block from d3. and they should respect each and every one of us. but they are just like the other run of the mill companies. they grab your money and screw you to death.
    I'm hardly right around the corner. Compared to other CTS-V vendors I've dealt with, they are the best. That's just my opinion, based on experience, so I'm sharing. I appreciate your opinion.

Stillborn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 DW 4DR,AT,Recaros,metco 2.5,RX c-can,AEM-A/F, 634hp,642tq

as i predicted in the last d3 bash thread. after getting in way over their heads with a bigger building and higher cost (as depicted in their outrageous pricing) in a declining economy will surely relinquish them to selling pretzels out of a shopping cart in Calcutta. it was/is only a matter of time. the writings on the wall. the eagle has landed, the fat man walks alone.
    Luna. likes this.

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Quote Originally Posted by TX_Conda View Post
    In complete fairness to those involved I received a call from Tim at D3 last night. I just spoke to him. I will update later because this is developing but wanted to be sure and let anyone reading that D3 has at least acknowledged.

A popular thread with their name in the title on a forum they sponsor might have had something to do with that.

Hope it works out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillborn View Post
    as i predicted in the last d3 bash thread. after getting in way over their heads with a bigger building and higher cost (as depicted in their outrageous pricing) in a declining economy will surely relinquish them to selling pretzels out of a shopping cart in Calcutta. it was/is only a matter of time. the writings on the wall. the eagle has landed, the fat man walks alone.
    Now this is funny.

Mike02z is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan Black Raven 6 speed manual

Of course they responded once they were informed of this thread. The thing is why does it take this kind of public thread to get a response?

I do agree, their prices are INSANE. When I was looking to black out my car I looked at their Noir offerings a while ago. Not only were they OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive, they wanted a core from the looks of it (Their web site left a lot to be desired). I could have purchased the parts new from GM at retail, taken them to the best painter in my area and it would still not cost what D3 wanted and I could always revert to stock as I'd have the originals.

They seem to build some cool cars but they are just too pricey for me. Now that I read this thread I'm sure I won't deal with them so that's one less phone ringing so they can take care of their CURRENT customers rather than trolling for new business.

And for those that say we are only hearing one side of the story, D3 seems to post here a lot. Why don't they post and give their side of the story? Them contacting the OP directly and not responding here (yet) tells me they know they are wrong.

Torxila is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1 of 1 Evo Green Coupe 6m, with RB9

D3=less than great.

I originally ordered (Spring 2011) 2 HD HX from them. 1 for my '11 coupe and 1 for a buddy's '10 sedan. At the time I spoke to someone about fitment etc and installation. I was assured the were compatible with both models. We both had the same builder/tuner that when he went to install the HX's noticed the mounting tabs/brackets were not designed for a correct fitment. The HX hung down about 3/8" of an inch too low and you could not install the lower valance/bumper pieces with the push-pins.

After NUMEROUS (6) phone calls and messages left, my builder/tuner who happened to be a former GM engineer found out that the 2010+ cars had a redesigned steel bumper (That's under the fascia).

We had to have the brackets cut off and rewelded to the HX core to make it right. D3 (about 5 months later) left me a voice mail saying their HX was designed for an '09 model and they would look into it. Never heard back from them.

I would not buy a baseball cap from them...just my .02

George

RogersV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V, Crystal Red, Auto

I order a hood, (different one than TX_Conda) on February 2nd and D3 said it would be 3 - 4 weeks. I called them on the 25th an the person who took the order, (Ro) said it will be ready by the end of this week, that's March 1st. From what I've heard here, this might not happen, I will post here concerning what happens. Don't let Dr. Design snow you, he answered an email before they got the money but not after.

Purple87SS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Black Raven CTS-V, 1987 Turbo Buick WE4
    Call Ben at weaponx. His looks better, is cheaper, and is his customer service is much better. Contact him on another forum ceee teee s v o w n e r s . c o m
    Reeper and Reeper like this.

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

Quote Originally Posted by RogersV View Post
    I order a hood, (different one than TX_Conda) on February 2nd and D3 said it would be 3 - 4 weeks. I called them on the 25th an the person who took the order, (Ro) said it will be ready by the end of this week, that's March 1st. From what I've heard here, this might not happen, I will post here concerning what happens. Don't let Dr. Design, (Greg) B.S. you, he answered an email before they got the money but not after.
    Dr. Design is not Greg.
    And I sincerely hope that everything works out for both the performance shop (D3) and the buyer (OP).
    Good Luck to everybody.
    Rule12b and Rule12b like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.