Belkin bluetooth streaming audio - perfect - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Belkin bluetooth streaming audio - perfect in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Can you skip songs with the steering wheel controls? Or does it just play the list in order?...
    sykb47l is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V Coupe

Re: Belkin bluetooth streaming audio - perfect

Can you skip songs with the steering wheel controls? Or does it just play the list in order?

quikag is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 White Diamond CTS-V Sedan, '10 Cyber Gray ZR1

Steering wheel controls don't work with the Belkin.

sykb47l is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V Coupe

Yeah thats the down side to these. I got the $20 one from monoprice and the ability to skip songs is far to important to me. I still just leave my ipod plugged in.

I was really hoping it would allow for control of the playlist.

quikag is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 White Diamond CTS-V Sedan, '10 Cyber Gray ZR1

You can control your playlist no problem, you just need to do it through your iphone, ipod, etc. It effectively gets rid of the cable and that's it. It was worth it to me as it's a cleaner look versus having a cable sticking out fof your center console all the time.

asilver is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Ariel Atom 2007 Lexus GS 350 WTB CTS-V

I'm currently in a Lexus GS 350 which is going away for a 09 cts-v next week.....but, thought I'd throw in a few things here.

at least for the Lexus, I had to use a product called "media bridge" now made by audiovox, it plugs into the back of the radio in the SAT input, then it allows 4 inputs from there
    1/2: usb input for either Iphone or thumb drive
    3: headphone jack
    4: bluetooth audio streaming and phone

this product cost about $200 and allows full audio control from the steering wheel via bluetooth and streams song data from the phones hard drive or pandora or spotify.....

has anyone looked into media bridge or vais tech for the caddy? **edit** I don't think mediabridge or vais tech have one for the caddy but there are probably 10 brands that make these devices so my question is does it exist for the cts?

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

Few more things to know about the Belkin as mine just arrived today. I keep my phone mounted to the side of the center tunnel with a ProClip mount and extended the OEM iPhone cable (easy to splice in some longer cables) to route through the trim and exit out right to the phone.

The Belkin sounds great and pairs easily. You can only control it (the playback) directly with your phone but it's a non-issue if you mount it like I have. The down side is you cannot use the OEM USB portion of the cable to charge the phone while plugging the Belkin into the audio jack for sound. I thought I could trick the car this way but it won't work. The car will read the iPhone and set it to a USB device connection instead of the Front Aux. So if I use the Belkin, I can't plug in the phone for power (or I need to use a separate USB/iPhone power cable). I did try a Y-splitter on the audio inputs to have both the OEM and Belkin audio connected together but it sounds god awful.

I'm going to keep the Belkin for various situations but I don't think it's going to be a mainstay of my audio use given my pretty nice current setup with the wired cable.

KevinWP is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 V

Has anybody been able to have the module automatically connect upon starting the car? Sounds stupid because of how easy the fix is, but I don't want to click the button on the little pod each time I get in the car. I want it to auto connect like my past cars do. Does anyone have a solution?

Kevin

beav626 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 EXT

I just connect to that Belkin when IM ready to stream. My problem is because it is in the center console the BT Phone wont work, as the receiver is in the console.

VMoose is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Stealth Blue Metallic CTS-V Wagon

I use the Monoprice bluetooth adapter (along with a male to male USB cable for powering the adapter) and it auto pairs the bluetooth audio. I use the PowerAmp android app, and it auto plays music upon connecting..

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

pohoda is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Sedan TGC A6 w/ Recaro seats

Just curious about this setup. When you are paired with the Belkin can you also be paired with the Cadillac BT at the same time and take calls as usual? I assume that the Belkin only has the A2DP profile so it does not interfere with the BT profile of the head unit. I have the Samsung GS3 which does support being connected to multiple BT devices, just unsure how this works in practice with the Belkin. Thanks.

PJN

beav626 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 EXT

My GS3 pairs with both and does not interfere with the call features of the car

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.