Photos of Martin Cadillac of Beverly Hills $700 paint sealant upgrade - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Photos of Martin Cadillac of Beverly Hills $700 paint sealant upgrade in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Yelp user reviews of Martin Automotive Group : http://www.yelp.com/biz/martin-autom...up-los-angeles...
    TWD3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 CTS-V Coupe, '09 Escalade

Re: Photos of Martin Cadillac of Beverly Hills $700 paint sealant upgrade

Yelp user reviews of Martin Automotive Group : http://www.yelp.com/biz/martin-autom...up-los-angeles

Karch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 TG sedan, 6A,LPE 650, and a few more mods.

Just curious, I've never heard them called Martin Cadillac of Beverly Hills, just Martin Cadillac. In fact, they aren't in Beverly Hills, but West Los Angeles (2-3 miles from me).

Quote Originally Posted by Karch View Post
    Just curious, I've never heard them called Martin Cadillac of Beverly Hills, just Martin Cadillac. In fact, they aren't in Beverly Hills, but West Los Angeles (2-3 miles from me).
    Correct. Their actual name is "Martin Automotive Group".

pat2t2f is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    This is a silly question but cars are waranteed against rust. There is no warrantee on the paint?

dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by TWD3 View Post
    Yelp user reviews of Martin Automotive Group : http://www.yelp.com/biz/martin-autom...up-los-angeles
    Haha, pretty much all auto dealerships have horrible yelp reviews... Sometimes with good reason

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RobF300 View Post
    when I buy new cars I have it right in the contract in writing that if there is any paintwork performed I will refuse the vehicle.
    Wow, thats a good idea, I think I'll do that next car I get.

----------

To the OP/
    wow, from looking at all the reviews I don't know if you stand a chance of them doing anything about offering a remedy for the problem, it looks like they just don't care. You may have to go to court, that might be your only option to have justice served.

setherman5000 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 2011
    I bought my V from Martin too. I definitly wont be using there service dept after hearing about your nightmare. Good thing we are in LA and have other dealer options.

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

Again, to the O/P, I'd be calling the general manager of that dealership everyday, you have to stay after them, then at some point you gotta file the court papers.

jpks is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 cts v

its good you try and get everyone involved in this..
    i had a car painted at a natiowide shop last year. when i went to pick up my car they did a crap job when i paid for a top of the line paint job.
    so we agreed for me to take my car home and bring back in 2 weeks.. i called 2wks later and shop closed its doors..
    i had to make all kinds of calls(made notes on all calls) to coporate to the point were they would not take my calls.. i even went the lawyer route(no outcome) so i did my hours of research and found out who the investors were..
    after 5 mths of getting no were i decided to send a email to the 5 top board members within a hour i had coporate calling me to fix it.. so after 8 mths total i had whole car repainted(they paid for it)..
    i never yelld at anyone and kept my calm the whole time..it was very hard to do being im the one that got burned.. so just make very good notes of when you call and etc.. and do some research cause most dealers are coporate owned these days(silent partners) even with cadillac start looking into them.. emails do wonders if its sent to right person..

dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Gary recommended I go to Boulevard Cadillac and so far they seem like good people. They listened to me when I said don't wash the car and let me ride in the car when they were taking it around. No funny business.

I haven't gotten any maintenance done there yet besides oil change and diff fluid change though.

When i was talking to my service manager he mentioned he lived close to me in Torrance. I told him that Penske Cadillac was closer to me as well. Then he bitterly told me how Penske Cadillac had fired him after 30 years O.o

Mike02z is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan Black Raven 6 speed manual

Quote Originally Posted by jpks View Post
    its good you try and get everyone involved in this..
    i had a car painted at a natiowide shop last year. when i went to pick up my car they did a crap job when i paid for a top of the line paint job.
    so we agreed for me to take my car home and bring back in 2 weeks.. i called 2wks later and shop closed its doors..
    i had to make all kinds of calls(made notes on all calls) to coporate to the point were they would not take my calls.. i even went the lawyer route(no outcome) so i did my hours of research and found out who the investors were..
    after 5 mths of getting no were i decided to send a email to the 5 top board members within a hour i had coporate calling me to fix it.. so after 8 mths total i had whole car repainted(they paid for it)..
    i never yelld at anyone and kept my calm the whole time..it was very hard to do being im the one that got burned.. so just make very good notes of when you call and etc.. and do some research cause most dealers are coporate owned these days(silent partners) even with cadillac start looking into them.. emails do wonders if its sent to right person..
    Yup, I could not agree more. I can't tell you how many times I have been stonewalled by CSR's only to send an email to the CEO or President of a company and I almost always get a call back from someone with more pull and usually get what I want. The key is not to yell and say you are very upset that a company you trusted and do major business with is letting you down. Most times it requires some digging to find the email address for a corporate officer but it can be done. Most larger companies have special CSR's that deal with emails/letters from customers sent to a Corporate Officer.

UPDATE: I finally got a call back from Martin Automotive Group's Head Service Manager 13 days after first bringing the car to his attention. On February 9th I showed him the damage their detail department had done to my car. He told me he was going to talk with the owner and get back to me on Monday the 11th. I was away on business when he finally called me and got a message that "the owner was busy last week but that he will see you next week". I'm calling the Service Manager this morning and will make an appointment to show the owner my ruined paint, scarred black chrome and head and tail lights and surprise surprise, I have found that the factory paint on the hood has been repainted. Hopefully he agrees to step up and replace my car with a brand new car.

Thanks again for all the great advice- I will be contacting the bank to file a complaint today as recommended earlier in this thread and will follow up with the Times reporter later in the week if Martin does not step up. Of course I'll keep everyone posted.
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

RobF300 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan HIS, 2012 CTS4 coupe- Her's

still curious- did you ever use the paint meter on a suspected no-issue car for comparison?

should really check out the rest of the car very carefully to see what else might have been repainted

Karch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 TG sedan, 6A,LPE 650, and a few more mods.

I can't see how or why they would replace the entire car. Did I miss something? Is something wrong with the car other than the paint and chrome pieces?

neuronbob is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

^^^^^^^
    The problem is, if the car is repainted, the resale value decreases tremendously, and through no fault of the OP. Would you be the second owner of a V that's been repainted? You certainly wouldn't pay top dollar for it. I wouldn't. A dealer would absolutely rape him on trade-in.

Glad to read there has been some progress, OP.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.