Splash Guards , Mud Flaps
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kjschultz
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Splash Guards , Mud Flaps in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Looking to get a set of Splash Guards for my 2012 Wagon. I can't seem to locate them. Any body ...
    Peaderh is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Splash Guards , Mud Flaps

Looking to get a set of Splash Guards for my 2012 Wagon. I can't seem to locate them. Any body have an idea where i get buy them ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RogersV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V, Crystal Red, Auto

Re: Splash Guards , Mud Flaps

Don't go there.

pat2t2f is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Should we look for curb feelers and wrap your wagon with fake wood too? Lol.

Mike02z is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan Black Raven 6 speed manual

Most people here are going to advise you not put those on your wagon. The fact that you can't find any custom made for the V should also tell you something. I'm sure you can go to Pep Boys and find some universal set that you could make fit if you really felt you wanted them. Personally I think they will look terrible on a V but everyone's taste is different.

RogersV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V, Crystal Red, Auto

Quote Originally Posted by pat2t2f View Post
    Should we look for curb feelers and wrap your wagon with fake wood too? Lol.
    I posted on 1-31-12, "Splash Guards For CTS-V" and got the same "get curb Feelers also", and to this date I can't seem to find any that fit.

Club Malibu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V, White, Manual, Bone stock, no sun-roof

Google search Z06 mud guards. Maybe you could heat them up with a heat gun and make them fit.

kjschultz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V

http://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=2111
    Here is a link for front guards for the Z06 that do a great job on my 2013 427. I will do the same to my 2013 V if I can find a similar design. Don't listen to all the mindless comments. Combining front extensions or guards with 3m ventureshield clear rocker protection saves a ton of road rash and looks great. Club Malibu's 2010 V probably looks like its been bead blasted by now anyway so...................... by the way this is my first post on this forum, welcome everybody!
    RogersV likes this.

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

Should be abler to find plenty at local truck stops.
    Don't forget fuzzy dice, coon skin cap, coon tail,
    Brylcream, & / or suicide knob.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Welcome kj.

Best solution is xpel or other paint protection on the rocker panels and rear bumper. IMHO this preserves the aesthetics of the V best and provides excellent protection. I have done this on two Vs. when I turned in my 2009 V, the paint in that territory was perfect other than a tiny garage mark I made on the rear side bumper.

kjschultz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V

Those fuzzy dice probably look great on that Buick huh Gary? Don't forget your ManBra buddy! Seriously though a well designed front fender guard will deflect most of the potential hazards leaving the rest for the clear rocker protection. I learned from an 2008 Z06 that was peppered from the front tires and it only took a few thousand miles. You won't notice right away because the damage is mainly in the clear coat.
    The Corvette front tire sticks out more than the V but it would definitely benefit from a small, well designed, unobtrusive front guard. I just bought the V so I don't know whats available.

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

The Buick nor the Cad wear any of that stuff, although I have seen an occasional turbo Buick with them.
    Manbra: When you're old enough, you might need 1 too.

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

There is a lot of hate for mud flaps. I personally don't mind the look of the molded plastic low profile ones on most cars, but I don't know how effective they are.

I think you'd be better off getting clear protective film put on the areas of concern. It will look more clean and protect much better. And don't be driving that car on dirt roads!!

6104696 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Here are some Yosemite Sam mud flaps (if the link doesn't get obliterated): http://www.mycoolcarstuff.com/produc...FY5xOgodozwAlw

Maybe you can find some playboy bunny door locks, too.

(Sorry, man, just having fun. But IMO there are better options for rocker and fender protection these days, as noted above). But it's your car....have fun with it.

Cheers.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by 6104696
    Here are some Yosemite Sam mud flaps (if the link doesn't get obliterated): http://www.mycoolcarstuff.com/produc...FY5xOgodozwAlw

Maybe you can find some playboy bunny door locks, too.

(Sorry, man, just having fun. But IMO there are better options for rocker and fender protection these days, as noted above). But it's your car....have fun with it.

Cheers.
    "Ya long-eared galoot!"

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.