Vagon owners: need pics of your cargo management
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Vagon owners: need pics of your cargo management in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I've had my V wagon for a little over a month now. I love the folding divider for groceries--it's ingenious ...
    neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Vagon owners: need pics of your cargo management

I've had my V wagon for a little over a month now. I love the folding divider for groceries--it's ingenious and surprisingly has almost elimated the need for grocery bag hooks (though I do wish for one or two on occasion).

As you guys are aware, the V wagon comes with a net, but it's for people with a pet--you install it atop the rear seats. I thus have no use for it in everyday life. If I were moving and needed to keep flying items from my head it wild be useful.

I am thinking about buying the flexible cargo partitions to keep my briefcase from sliding around. Does anyone have pictures of this actually installed? The pictures on the Cadi website show it mounted at the side of the hatch. I find it difficult to see how it's useful in that position. Does it stretch across the hatch area, too?

In short, does anyone have pictures of this in actual use? Or of the cargo fence?

TIA.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CTS-V Dragon Wagon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon

Re: Vagon owners: need pics of your cargo management

I've only had my Vagon a couple of weeks, and am interested in how to better store things in the back. Can someone tell me what they are using? I see the adjustable tracks, but what is associated with it? I would like to have something to stow groceries. Also, I carry around a storage bag with vehicle cleaning items and such, mainly in case some bird has crapped on my vehicle I can clean it off right away. But I don't like things sliding around. Right now I'm using a bungee cord to keep the bag from going anywhere.

Your wagon should come with movable holders in the tracks. The tracks hold the dividers or cargo fence I referenced in my first post.

To stow groceries, you use the buckle in the rear of the hatch area, which opens the access to the spare tire area. You then fold the floor to the size that you need for your grocery bags. There are two notches you place the cover in to change the area exposed. Works great!

cvs
    cvs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Vagon (6spd manual, Opulent Blue, Airaid, DiabloSport)

Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post
    I love the folding divider for groceries--it's ingenious and surprisingly has almost elimated the need for grocery bag hooks (though I do wish for one or two on occasion).
    I used the folding divider and loved it too, but when I bought a tray from Wethertech it became too hard to use them.

Your wagon should come with movable holders in the tracks. The tracks hold the dividers or cargo fence I referenced in my first post.

To stow groceries, you use the buckle in the rear of the hatch area, which opens the access to the spare tire area. You then fold the floor to the size that you need for your grocery bags. There are two notches you place the cover in to change the area exposed. Works great!
    Okay, then the area raises up and allows you to form a barrier. What I was curious about, though, was using those four adjustable hatch hooks. In my daughter's Xterra, the vehicle came with a storage compartment that fits those hooks. She uses it to keep her softball cleats, balls, glove, etc. Looks like it would be a good thing for organizing cleaning supplies, towels, etc. Know where I can get something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by GT-R & CTS-V View Post
    Okay, then the area raises up and allows you to form a barrier. What I was curious about, though, was using those four adjustable hatch hooks. In my daughter's Xterra, the vehicle came with a storage compartment that fits those hooks. She uses it to keep her softball cleats, balls, glove, etc. Looks like it would be a good thing for organizing cleaning supplies, towels, etc. Know where I can get something like that?
    the tracks hold the clips, and the clips hold the fence or dividers, which must be purchased separately. I'm just looking for pics of these in actual use.

dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

man, I always wanted to use my cargo divider but I didn't want to keep on removing it and putting it back in.

pat2t2f is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    The cargo divider doesn't come out. It folds in half creating a divider.

Looks like I'll have to be the index case. There are no images of the flexible fabric dividers in actual use in a wagon (after extensive Googling) and the pictures at the Cadillac website are useless in that regard. The cargo fence I found one image of outside of the Cadillac website. I'll be ordering both on Monday and I will post pics of them installed upon receipt.

I guess there are so few wagons out there that no one has posted pictures of these.

PeteK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon, 1972 Eldorado Convertible

Cool! I'm looking forward to seeing the pics.

Blakester is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 cts-v wagon
    Cargo partition: have in my 2011 wagon. Ordered from dealer catalog(brushed aluminum) looks upscale. Make sure you order proper hold down batons for slider tracks to hold partion in track. In car one year and it looks&works great. Would show pic. But site says too many g-bites from my album. Part# 20978014 $284.25. Got 15% off from dealer. I would buy again!

Thanks for the comment on the cargo fence. My V comes with sliders, so no problem there.

Here's today's grocery load.

Went to Sam's Club first and loaded up with bottle water and other drinks. That stuff is in front of the partition.
    Next was the grocery store and that stuff is behind the partition. It works well for that purpose.

Just want something to keep my briefcase and physician's bag from sliding around on a day to day basis, the purpose for this thread.

Thanks for the comment on the cargo fence. My V comes with sliders, so no problem there.

Here's today's grocery load.

Went to Sam's Club first and loaded up with bottle water and other drinks. That stuff is in front of the partition.
    Next was the grocery store and that stuff is behind the partition. It works well for that purpose.

Just want something to keep my briefcase and physician's bag from sliding around on a day to day basis, the purpose for this thread.
    Okay, I get this. What I'm looking for is something to attach to the sliding clips on the side rails, to stow away things such as detailing items. Right now for me, it's a bag that I have tied down with a bungee cord.

Belairlover is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Vagon, 6M, Roof, Build Date 2/2013

Hi guys, my Glacier Blue Metallic 6MT , roof, yellow calipers, recaros will be delivered in a month, I have dogs and would love the part number / link to the cargo net that fits on the seats...thanks
    spearfish25 likes this.

FLTRI is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 V-Wagon & 2012 SRX Premium

My wife has an SRX that has an aluminum bar do-hicky divider. The clips that go in the floor rails are different than the one we get in out Vagons, but the floor track looks the same. I'll pull it out of her car this weekend, and see if it will work in the V, I suspect it will.

I keep a California Duster, a couple of towels, jumper cables and a few other small items under the cargo floor, and above the spare tire well. Personally, I'd be hesitant using the floor itself as the divider, it seems kinda flimsy to me, and I'd hate to break it...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.