Squeaking Front end...! not lowered!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Squeaking Front end...! not lowered! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Guys First of all....as far as i know the car is on stock springs. They are black...looks like factory tags ...
    Smokin80 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Black Raven CTS V/Manual

Squeaking Front end...! not lowered!

Guys

First of all....as far as i know the car is on stock springs. They are black...looks like factory tags on them. BUT they could be aftermarket...i just doubt it.

The car has developed a squeak in what sounds like the front right. For sure the Front though. I can bounce (although not much cause this thing is pretty stiff) the front end and it is nice and quiet. Hard on the brakes...nothing.....rock the car side to side on the hwy to get some body roll....nothing.

However, if i hit a speed bump at looow speed or any woops in the hwy it squeaks...and it is driving me F*&%ing nuts. It didnt do it 1000kms ago.

I know there are lots of threads about squeaks with lowered cars.....Can someone else with 255 40 19's measure from ground to the wheel well on a stock height car so i can confirm it hasnt been messed with. I guess a lowered car would work too as i could tell if it was anywhere near that height.

It is about -18 Celsius right now so maybe that is part of the issue. Anyway...any thoughts or ideas on things to check would be appreciated!

Thanks Everyone!

----------

EDIT: CAR HAS 28000KM on it

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

silversled is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Black Diamond Sport Wagon
    My car developed the same squeak. I could reproduce it every time if if slammed on the breaks while turning right. Dealer replaced lower control arm but it didn't fix it. Then they replaced the entire MR shock assy and it finally fixed it. It still does it occasionally but only once in a blue moon.

Re: Squeaking Front end...! not lowered!

interesting...next time im in a city with a Caddy dealer i will have to have them check it out.

Any other thoughts guys?

needstires is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokin80
    Guys

First of all....as far as i know the car is on stock springs. They are black...looks like factory tags on them. BUT they could be aftermarket...i just doubt it.

The car has developed a squeak in what sounds like the front right. For sure the Front though. I can bounce (although not much cause this thing is pretty stiff) the front end and it is nice and quiet. Hard on the brakes...nothing.....rock the car side to side on the hwy to get some body roll....nothing.

However, if i hit a speed bump at looow speed or any woops in the hwy it squeaks...and it is driving me F*&%ing nuts. It didnt do it 1000kms ago.

I know there are lots of threads about squeaks with lowered cars.....Can someone else with 255 40 19's measure from ground to the wheel well on a stock height car so i can confirm it hasnt been messed with. I guess a lowered car would work too as i could tell if it was anywhere near that height.

It is about -18 Celsius right now so maybe that is part of the issue. Anyway...any thoughts or ideas on things to check would be appreciated!

Thanks Everyone!

----------

EDIT: CAR HAS 28000KM on it
    Sounds like a dry ball joint or bushing . I've seen ballpoints go bad with less than 10.000 miles on them once water gets in past the rubber boot its just a matter of time befor the joint fails . If the factory would install grease fittings that would make a big difference with premature wear.

that is a good thought. now i just need to try and sort out which of those it is coming from.

MEDISIN is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan

I just had my front passenger side strut replaced on Thursday for a similar issue. Kept noticing a pop/squish sound coming from that side whenever I hit speed bumps at anything over 3mph. The service report says the front right strut was found to be leaking, replaced under warranty. Nice and quiet now. 3,600 miles on the odometer.

Ok. Since I is still in wty I will have to drop by a dealership with it.

I never have much luck with dealers. But I'll give anyone one chance.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin80 View Post
    Ok. Since I is still in wty I will have to drop by a dealership with it.

I never have much luck with dealers. But I'll give anyone one chance.
    If you would like further assistance at any point, Smokin80, then I recommend getting in touch with the Customer Service team nearest you. I found that GM of Canada agents are reachable at 800-263-3777, M-F 7:30am - 11:30pm, Sat 7:30am - 6:00 EST.

Hope this helps,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

HEDP-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS-V Thunder Grey,automatic,no recaros
    Smokin80, I have the same issue with my 09 V. I have about 65,300 miles and just started hearing the noise . I was going to start a thread on that very issue and you beat me to it. I took my V to the dealer for an oil change last week and my service advisor guessed it was a strut or the ball joints also. I couldn't get the issue resolved right there and then because I had other errands to run. But I made an appointment to get it done next week on my day off from work. I will keep you advised on my progress. Hope your issue is resolved promptly.

Right on. Thanks

IT COULD be just that it is frickin cold and making the rubber in the control arm or something squeak. I wont be near a dealer until later in the spring...march or so. So i will wait till then and see if the warmer weather makes it go away. Otherwise i will get it checked out. Might jack it up and check for play in anything up there and make sure the strut isnt leaking or anything obvious like that. I would HOPE a ball joint wouldnt be bad in a 15000 mile car but crazier things have happened.

Thanks for all your thoughts guys.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.