Tire Suggestions?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By DiamondWhtV
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Tire Suggestions? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Has anyone had any luck with other tire brands than the PS2 or PSS? I have a new set of ...
    bmon2112 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Tire Suggestions?

Has anyone had any luck with other tire brands than the PS2 or PSS? I have a new set of rims and want to keep my PS2's for the track and get a less expensive band as my daily drivers.

If you have any previous post search suggestions please let me know. I tried the custom search engine but it didn't return anything from the forum.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Re: Tire Suggestions?

Use Google as the site search is suboptimal.

tires site:http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ral-discussion (main forum page if the site truncates this post)

Common less expensive substitutes are
    Hankook V12
    Continental Contact DW

HTH

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

None of the substitutes will perform as good as the PSS or the PS2's. When it comes time to replace the PS2's on my 2013 V wagon I will definately go with the PSS's. I experimented around with tires some on my old pontiac G8Gt and the PSS offered the most superior performance. There is a lot invested in these cars why go and screw up the performance with a less expensive tire. Sure you could put on some other brand for 150 less a tire and they would work but in this case you get what you pay for and that is a great handling tire that is meant for a car of this caliber.

DiamondWhtV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

I have the Hankook V12 for use as a daily driver. I don't track the car, and for daily driving I haven't noticed any difference from the PS2. Granted for track performance it might be a different story though.

Mr. LCP is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    In my opinion the Pilot Super Sport is revolutionary. It's that much better. I only used half a set on my last car and can't wait to use them on my CTSV after I've worn out my PS2s. The treadlife is also phenomenal which more than justifies the higher price.

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

Definately agree, the Pilot Super Sports will be going on my car when the PS2's wear out. The only problem is I don't believe in the Super Sports the make a 285/35/19 size for my wagon, I guess I'll just go with a 275/35/19, not much difference, the 275 actually has a slightly wider tread, a little taller but I don't think enough to cause any problems from what I understand. The do make the front size in the super sports. One thing I don't like about these staggered tire sized like on the wagons and the coupes is you can't rotate the tires.

Mr. LCP is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Get 265/40 front and 295/35 rear in the PSS.

bbang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sport Wagon

will 265/40 fit on a 9 inch rim ??? and will 295/35 fit on a 9.5 inch rim ???

V wagon here

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by bbang View Post
    will 265/40 fit on a 9 inch rim ??? and will 295/35 fit on a 9.5 inch rim ???

V wagon here
    It will fit. It's a bit wide for the rim but will work. Probably won't get you any extra grip but if it means you can have the proper stagger then I'd say go for it...

bmon2112 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondWhtV View Post
    I have the Hankook V12 for use as a daily driver. I don't track the car, and for daily driving I haven't noticed any difference from the PS2. Granted for track performance it might be a different story though.
    My only concern really is acceleration. With the Hankook's, do you loose traction on dry pavement when you accelerate and the full power of the Mighty V kicks in?

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

Quote Originally Posted by bmon2112 View Post
    My only concern really is acceleration. With the Hankook's, do you loose traction on dry pavement when you accelerate and the full power of the Mighty V kicks in?
    No doubt, but it will sound nice though!

DiamondWhtV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by bmon2112 View Post
    Of course....can't think of any street tire that you don't loose traction on full throttle acceleration with the V. If you find a street tire that doesn't loose traction...then there is something wrong with your V and not the performance advantage of the tires.
    TiredIronGRB and TiredIronGRB like this.

BigJoeD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Thunder Gray Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

I really like my Nitto Invos

garfin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    It will fit. It's a bit wide for the rim but will work. Probably won't get you any extra grip but if it means you can have the proper stagger then I'd say go for it...
    Haven't heard the term "proper stagger" before. I don't want to overdo the diff between F & R.

I've done "some searchin', Lucy", and it seems that a staggered combo involving the PSS tires with the stock front sizing (255/40/19) & 295/35/19s on the rear will work OK.

Any further input on this, if the car is gonna be tracked on these street tires?

Best regards,

Elie

Brian in GA is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): "08 Escalade, 2011 CTS-V Coupe

I just put 4 new PSS's on my coupe, excellent tire! 305/30/19's rear 265/19 fronts, they look and feel great.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.