Center mounted exhuast
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Center mounted exhuast in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Can someone tell me what year(s) model had the center mounted exhaust. Thanks....
    LJMartin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Center mounted exhuast

Can someone tell me what year(s) model had the center mounted exhaust. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

NC STS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by LJMartin
    Can someone tell me what year(s) model had the center mounted exhaust. Thanks.
    If by "center mounted" you mean the exhaust tips exiting the rear of the car that is only the coupe (2 door) model. The Coupe was introduced in 2011 and all years have center mounted exhaust tips exiting the rear of the car.

Here is a pic of the back of the coupe:

http://carcollectorsvault.com/wp-con...-Rear-View.jpg

Re: Center mounted exhuast

Quote Originally Posted by NC STS-V View Post
    If by "center mounted" you mean the exhaust tips exiting the rear of the car that is only the coupe (2 door) model. The Coupe was introduced in 2011 and all years have center mounted exhaust tips exiting the rear of the car.

Here is a pic of the back of the coupe:

http://carcollectorsvault.com/wp-con...-Rear-View.jpg

Do you know if I can put a coupe bumper and exhaust on a sedan by any chance?

NC STS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by LJMartin
    Do you know if I can put a coupe bumper and exhaust on a sedan by any chance?
    I always liked the traditional dual exhaust on my sedan so I never investigated this, but based on what I can tell, this would be pretty difficult to accomplish.

With enough money anything can be accomplished, but I believe you'd run into issues with both the bumper covers and the exhaust. If you google cts-v exhaust images you'll see some under car shots that highlight the differences in the exhaust routing between the sedan and coupe. The sedan has the spare tire well (no spare tire, but the well is still there) in the center that would likely make it challenging to route the exhaust out the center.

Best I can tell there is no off the shelf solution, it would have to be custom ($$$).

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    I imagine with a little creativity and some trimming you could do anything but the angles are way off. Just look at pictures of the two cars and you'll see what I mean.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Custom work is in order...

Re: Center mounted exhuast

I really like the looks of the center mounted exhaust, I'll have to look into it a little. It may be worth the effort. You guy's have made up my mind as I plan on getting the CTS-V instead of the 2010 M5. I wonder if anyone else would be interested in the exhaust conversation.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    You could be a trend setter in that arena, my friend. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.