Keyless Access on all CTS-V's?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Keyless Access on all CTS-V's? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I am looking to buy a 2009 CTS-V. When I went to the dealer to look at it the keyless ...
    Dark Sarcasm is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Keyless Access on all CTS-V's?

I am looking to buy a 2009 CTS-V. When I went to the dealer to look at it the keyless access did not work. The remotes unlocked the doors and popped the trunk but the keyless access function was inop. The dealer (Toyota) told me that this car didn't have this option. Is that true? Did some V's not come with keyless access? Or is it a possible programming issue? Possible antenna problem?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

Re: Keyless Access on all CTS-V's?

Might have to change the option in the main menu on the DIC as it may not be turned on. You should check that first. The button that controls that menu is on the left side of the dash, you will see an array of 6 buttons, I think it's the middle on the top row, you hit that and it will toggle through the different options you can preset. Try that first. As far as I know even the 2009's had the keyless entry option, although I could be wrong.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

I owned a 2009 V for almost four years. I can assure you it came with the keyless entry because I used it every day from purchase until I traded it for my new V wagon three weeks ago. The Toyota dealer is talking out of his ass. This option should work without the DIC. The DIC options determine which doors open with the keyless access. If the access doesn't work, it's likely because the battery requires replacement.

HTH!
    oldiemotors and oldiemotors like this.

Zhariak is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade ESV Premium, 2013 CTS-V Coupe 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by 1997BlackETC View Post
    Might have to change the option in the main menu on the DIC as it may not be turned on. You should check that first. The button that controls that menu is on the left side of the dash, you will see an array of 6 buttons, I think it's the middle on the top row, you hit that and it will toggle through the different options you can preset. Try that first. As far as I know even the 2009's had the keyless entry option, although I could be wrong.
    This is correct. I could be wrong, but I think a lot of the dealers turn it off for various reasons. If you have it on, and you leave the FOB in the car, the horn honks, etc... They don't like it when it happens in the service bay. I always turn it off whenever I take mine in for service...

I didn't even know my car had it, till I was messing around with the menus a week after I got my 12... The most beautiful and amazing thing ever, makes me feel important, bwahaha. When I got my 13, it was the first thing I turned on...

Just to be clear, the keyless access works without ever taking the key fob out of your pocket and never touching a button. All you do is grab the door handle and it unlocks, correct?

NC STS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sarcasm
    Just to be clear, the keyless access works without ever taking the key fob out of your pocket and never touching a button. All you do is grab the door handle and it unlocks, correct?
    Correct. Pull on the handle and it will unlock if you have the fob.

RGaret is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Who trades in a V for a Toyota?

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by RGaret
    Who trades in a V for a Toyota?
    Could have been acquired at auction or end of a lease but it may be becoming a trend for someone who can't afford gas for the V anymore or just doesn't want to.

Thanks for the responses. I'm really interested in this car but not if the keyless access doesn't work. The V did lock on its own when we were walking away from it, which tells me that it absolutley has the keyless access function. Could it be that the battery in the key fob is low, or the key fob needs to be programmed to the vehicle? Would the key fob still start the vehicle without the keyless access function being programmed to the car?

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Do I understand you right that when you walk up to the car with the fob in your pocket that the doors won't open when you pull on the handle? Is that the issue you need to resolve?

Zhariak is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade ESV Premium, 2013 CTS-V Coupe 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sarcasm View Post
    Thanks for the responses. I'm really interested in this car but not if the keyless access doesn't work. The V did lock on its own when we were walking away from it, which tells me that it absolutley has the keyless access function. Could it be that the battery in the key fob is low, or the key fob needs to be programmed to the vehicle? Would the key fob still start the vehicle without the keyless access function being programmed to the car?
    Dude, it was all written above.

You need to enable this with the menus on the dashboard! It sounds like keyless locking is already enabled (from what you state), all you have to do is enable keyless unlocking. Simply sit in the drivers seat, use the buttons by the left vent (the buttons you use to personalize settings), and scroll through the menus and look for keyless unlocking.

As I mentioned above, I had to turn this on, both on my 12 V and my 13 V... It's as simple as that!

There's no programming if the FOB already works with the vehicle, this isn't a "special feature". You just need to turn this personalized feature on...

NC STS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhariak

Dude, it was all written above.

You need to enable this with the menus on the dashboard! It sounds like keyless locking is already enabled (from what you state), all you have to do is enable keyless unlocking. Simply sit in the drivers seat, use the buttons by the left vent (the buttons you use to personalize settings), and scroll through the menus and look for keyless unlocking.

As I mentioned above, I had to turn this on, both on my 12 V and my 13 V... It's as simple as that!

There's no programming if the FOB already works with the vehicle, this isn't a "special feature". You just need to turn this personalized feature on...
    +1

Just traded in my '10 V sedan for a '13 V wagon and had to enable both the keyless lock and unlock features as described above. Can't speak for earlier years, but with the '13 when you enable Keyless Unlock you can select to unlock just the door you are opening or all doors.

Polarbob is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Coupe

Was the Toyota dealership's owners personal car !

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Dark Sarcasm, I see you've already received plenty of helpful advice from forum members! If you don't mind emailing me with the last eight of a V's VIN, I'm happy to look up its build code options for you and send that information your way. I'm also happy to help locate other Vs for you, so please email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance.

Thank you for considering a Cadillac!

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

tedcmiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I have a 2009 and a 2013 CTS-V and the keyless access has always worked on both without doing a thing.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.