Running DayTime Bulbs?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 6 Post By CoppeR
  • 2 Post By Trapspeed
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Running DayTime Bulbs? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Has Anyone change the Running Daytime Bulbs in the Headlights?? If so what size bulb are you using and how ...
    Khurram11 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS V

Running DayTime Bulbs?

Has Anyone change the Running Daytime Bulbs in the Headlights?? If so what size bulb are you using and how easy is it to change out??? I want to put in something other then the UGLY Yellow Bulbs. Idealy I would like to put in some sort of Blue or Clear White Bulb.
    Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

P.S. I am fairly new to the boards, so how do I change me profile pic ??

K

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    You must be talking about the V1. Our newer Vs have white bulbs built into the headlight housing for our DRLs. Plus, we can turn ours off easily...

mpouls1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '09 V 11.99@118mph, '11 Tahoe LTZ, '03 Silverado, '00 Jetta

Re: Running DayTime Bulbs?

Unless you want to pull off your front bumper it ain't happening. You can however change the fog lights very easily.

Mine is a 2011 V. I have never seen any V's from 2011 to 2013 that had "WHITE" Daytime running lights. I test drove some 2013s before I bought mine and it was the same boring yellow bulb for the Daytime Running Bulb. So in response to mpouls1, there is no way to change out the bulb for the Daytime Running bulb??

AKA ZR1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS V 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Khurram11 View Post
    Mine is a 2011 V. I have never seen any V's from 2011 to 2013 that had "WHITE" Daytime running lights. I test drove some 2013s before I bought mine and it was the same boring yellow bulb for the Daytime Running Bulb. So in response to mpouls1, there is no way to change out the bulb for the Daytime Running bulb??
    Yes the stock bulb is yellow. its terrible on this car. I spent some time looking for a nice white bright LED because its law up here and it's kinda safe having them on, found out some guys on another forum were using a LED under 5 watt that barely lights up the housing. I found a Cree LED on ebay 11watt that is quite bright, I was really impressed. I was going for pure white but this has a slight bluish to it.
    Also there from Hong Kong couldn't find nothing local, so can't comment on if they will last since we got dumped on with snow in October just after i put them in and the car hasn't moved since.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5202-H16-CRE...d8a651&vxp=mtr

You do have to remove the bumper but its quite easy, a 10mm bolt in each wheel well and some clips and its off. Doesn't take more then half hour. image.jpg

CoppeR is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 BD Coupe

I think ur front bumper is on upside down.

Thank you for that Info., but that DRL bulb looks SUPER BRIGHT! It looks like the headlights are on, and I wasnt going for that look. Nice V tho! Seems like ill have to do some further research and ill come back and post on here if I find anything. Thanks for the Advice!

P.S. CoppeR, Thats FUNNY! LOL.

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

Would pulling the fuses solve your problem? I pulled mine, so no more turning them off at all.

Baabootoo - So are you referring to not having the BULBS on at all?? I like the DRL Bulbs I just want them to be WHITE.

AKA ZR1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS V 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Khurram11 View Post
    Thank you for that Info., but that DRL bulb looks SUPER BRIGHT! It looks like the headlights are on, and I wasnt going for that look. Nice V tho! Seems like ill have to do some further research and ill come back and post on here if I find anything. Thanks for the Advice!

P.S. CoppeR, Thats FUNNY! LOL.
    I see what your saying from that photo it looks bright,but it's not, if you get any less wattage LEds you will barely notice a light at all. Even the stock halogen is way brighter then this.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    DRLs suck. I just do a quick turn of the stalk to turn them off whenever I start the car...

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    ^^^ What he said. Hell, I've built it into my start up routine! I've got the switch off before I even hit the key.
    NAX-121 and NAX-121 like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.