Shelby gt500
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Shelby gt500 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I currently own a GT 500 with 3000 miles on it it has suspension / brakes engine mods its making ...
    needstires is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Shelby gt500

I currently own a GT 500 with 3000 miles on it it has suspension / brakes engine mods its making over 600 hp it handles like a vett . Runs mid 11 s with street tires not drag radials . I'm looking at a 12 ctsv sedan with a auto . What do you guys think should I trade the ford ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Re: Shelby gt500

Sell it outright on a Shelby or Mustang forum......only way you'll recover any of your mod investment.

Quote Originally Posted by CVP33
    Sell it outright on a Shelby or Mustang forum......only way you'll recover any of your mod investment.
    Thanks good point the dealer offered me 36.500 site unseen but I have a few bucks in it ,. I have never driven a cts are they all that and a bag of chips ? I do a lot of road course stuff in NJ and pocono the live axel in the Shelby will try to kill you if there are any type of bumps it's a scary deal for sure if you don't feather it you will be sweeping it into the trailer. How are the caddies I know there all good but how are they on the raggid edge?

DCV
    DCV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV bone stock

I test drove both, and went with the V sedan with six speed. As you said, the live rear axle over anything but smooth pavement upsets the Shelby. Fit and finish also gets the V the nod over the Shelby too, with magnetic ride and great brakes too. Go drive, take notes, add up the + and - and see who wins on your judgement alone.

I just got out of a 300c SRT8 putting down 643rwhp after some serious cash, time, parts and patience. I considered the new Shelby. Went to the dealer, sat in it and then got out. Dealer asked if I wanted to take it for a drive.......I told him that wouldn't be necessary. I couldn't look at that 90's interior for the next 3 years regardless of the power/handling.

The CTS-V has really impressed me with its fit/finish and refinement while delivering incredible handling. The amenities are just gravy after all that. Now after only $4k in mods it puts out 606/611 HP/TQ to the wheels without a cam and factory exhaust? Well call me smitten.

Thanks I'm going in the AM to test drive a couple of 12. Left overs the dealer said they need to blow them out ill tow the Shelby with me and see what happens . Ill let everyone know what happens tomorrow nite .......
    CVP33 and CVP33 like this.

MikeG-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '12 V
    I've been temped to do the opposite. Am quite spoiled with the creature comforts of the V. The mrc makes it very forgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by needstires View Post
    Thanks I'm going in the AM to test drive a couple of 12. Left overs the dealer said they need to blow them out ill tow the Shelby with me and see what happens . Ill let everyone know what happens tomorrow nite .......
    I'd seriously look for a lightly used model. Knowing that most power making mods are going to void the warranty...at least the drivetrain. I picked up a 2010 sedan, auto, white diamond, 14k miles, and every available option (pano roof, Nav, sapele wood, suede wheel/shifter, recaros) for $45,800. Still has 2 years and 36k miles of warranty left. Added $4k of mods (HX, NorCal tank, ID850's, 2.55/8.55 pulleys, spark plugs, trans cooler, CAI and custom tune). 600+rwhp sedan that will dust 99% of everything on the road for under $50k.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Two different animals, for sure. One strikes hard and the other one will bite you and you'll never see it coming. Test drive it and see what you like. That's the beauty of it! Let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by CVP33

I'd seriously look for a lightly used model. Knowing that most power making mods are going to void the warranty...at least the drivetrain. I picked up a 2010 sedan, auto, white diamond, 14k miles, and every available option (pano roof, Nav, sapele wood, suede wheel/shifter, recaros) for $45,800. Still has 2 years and 36k miles of warranty left. Added $4k of mods (HX, NorCal tank, ID850's, 2.55/8.55 pulleys, spark plugs, trans cooler, CAI and custom tune). 600+rwhp sedan that will dust 99% of everything on the road for under $50k.
    I think you have a great idea .i found a 2012 sedan thunder gray black gut Crome wheels only 7 k mileage auto and with out a sunroof .the race tracks frown on the sunroofs the one that have long straightaways . There asking 52 k ill look at that one first.
    CVP33 and CVP33 like this.

VIR never had a problem with my sunroof. I've run twice with ChinMotorsports. $52k sounds like a deal. My dealer came off $4k from the asking price......bet you could get that one under $50k easy.

6104696 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Summit Point has no issue with sunroofs, either.

I also own a Mustang GT (a convertible) as another toy. Not a Shelby, of course, but if not for the ragtop I would sell it in a heartbeat. My 2010 CTSV is superior in every way, with the exception of the fixed roof. The (manual) shifters, the ride, the handling, the creature comforts....cannot be compared.

A look underneath the CTSV is a look at many, many cast aluminum parts, nicely packaged and assembled (in most cases, anyway; it is, after all, still GM); a look under the mustang is a look at a bunch of stamped steel parts, and a lot of seemingly sloppy sealer and adhesive.

I love the mustang with the top down and the Corsa's roaring. But if I had to sell one car, it would be the Mustang in a heartbeat (pun intended).

Of course I would never post this over on the Mustang forum. There is not a flame suit that is thick enough......

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Both of my Vs have seen VIR, Summit Point, Grattan, NHIS, etc with no issue on moonroofs.

For questions about the track, the V does the C&D Lightning Lap at VIR in 3:04:0. The new GT500 does it in 3:00.6. The ZL1 does it in 2:57.5.

The V has the fastest of any sedan ive seen except the Panamera Turbo. And that wasnt by much...

Stangpower05 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): htwls126@optonline.net

I also own a 2005 Mustang GT Fully Built 6MT pushing over 600hp/600tq and i just picked up my 2010 V Sedan 6AT. The Mustang is FAST as hell and would tear apart the V in a straight line. Don't get me wrong, the V is fast, but a different fast. When it comes to handling and turns, the V would make the Mustang look stupid. The V also wins in the creature comforts department. Recaros, Navi, Ultraview Roof, etc all much much nice than the Mustang's interior. There are pros and cons to both. Ive always been a solid axle guy, but when i got this V, it changed my mind VERY quick. If you got the means to keep the Shelby and get the V, DO IT! If not, Good Luck because i know i wouldn't be able to make the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Both of my Vs have seen VIR, Summit Point, Grattan, NHIS, etc with no issue on moonroofs.

For questions about the track, the V does the C&D Lightning Lap at VIR in 3:04:0. The new GT500 does it in 3:00.6. The ZL1 does it in 2:57.5.

The V has the fastest of any sedan ive seen except the Panamera Turbo. And that wasnt by much...
    Hate to burst your bubble but the new 2013 M5 just did it's lightning lap. And you know those German engineers wouldn't be taking their last beating lightly, so they'd be gunning for the V. Well they uber-failed! 3:05 in their 4 year newer sports sedan. Wha' happonned fellas? Shitzin!

And before anyone gets too impressed by the Shelby's 3:00, it was bested by the ZL1's 2:57 and nearly so by the 1/2 priced Camaro SS1LE's 3:01.
    dqw1 and dqw1 like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.